SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:21 AM
Pasco Tri Cities, Washington, United States
Joined Aug 2004
333 Posts
Discussion
Looking for a good candidate plane

I'd like to buy/build a medium sized sport/aerobatic airplane that will be powered by a 5S battery pack, and related motor/esc. The reason for the 5S is I intend to step up to a f3a-type airplane over the coming months and it/they will be powered by a 10s system, and I'd rather not end up with too many battery sizes to buy/maintain--if possible. This current plane should be able to at least fly a pattern. Most of the Sebart planes are quite expensive. Extreme Flight have a couple to chose from, but I'm not aware what else is "out there" that might be a good selection. Looking for something about 50-60" ws and needing about 1000 watts.

Larry Fitch
West Richland, WA
LRFitch is online now Find More Posts by LRFitch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:13 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Oct 2010
4,001 Posts
Hi,
I have a 3DHS Extra 300SHP, 55" and it is very good on 5s. I fly aerobatics, not 3D, but it is a 3D plane. My power is ... motor and ESC from Extreme Flight, Torque series, and 3DHS has super deals on Hacker and Torque motors and ESC's when combined with the plane. Here is an example for you.

http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/57-Extra-...d_p_15127.html

My 55" is no longer offered, but if the new one is as good (probably better) you'll love it. Go look at their planes in the 3D section of the forums.

Don
dkrhardy is offline Find More Posts by dkrhardy
Old Jun 09, 2012, 02:17 PM
Crashasaurus Dumbthumus
USA, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,510 Posts
I saw a post here somewhat on a Hangar 9 Katana 50 that flew quite well on 5s with a Power52.
road_rascal is offline Find More Posts by road_rascal