HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 02:56 AM
PowerTower
United Kingdom, England, Bristol
Joined Aug 2009
977 Posts
Between battery & ESC. With a multi-meter, you can read the amps draw. Ideally your ESC will be rated 1x max amps (+30%). So if you draw say 12A static (about 10.5A air) and you have an 18A ESC you will be fine, that way the ESC won't have to work too hard
When bench or static testing, get a helper or make sure you have a good hold of model, also don't stand side-on to the prop in case it decides to get off when spinning up !
Another recent 'poster' (Headless) can tell you what happens if the model get's away in the dining room !!!, I have seen the battle-scars :{
RWData is offline Find More Posts by RWData
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2012, 09:58 PM
Suspended Account
Switzerland
Joined Aug 2012
173 Posts
Just whatever you do don't get the FOAM one.....
mikhail tupulov is offline Find More Posts by mikhail tupulov
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 05:56 PM
Corsir Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Oct 2011
405 Posts
I took it out for it's second flight today. Oh WoW. This thing flies so sweet. Used the 7x6 prop, but before it I checked all surfaces for correct movement and when I throttled it up the prop saver flew off. I wonder if on the first flight it was slipping. I did have it tight, but I guess it wasn't tight enough. So no video as I was alone. I flew it around the field a bunch of times, man this thing turns quick. Only problem is I was trying to trim a little bit of up elevator in it, it came around my back side, almost over my head, and I lost it in the sun. Put that nice flying fun bat right into the pavement............. AHHHHHHHHH
Mopower71 is online now Find More Posts by Mopower71
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:40 AM
PowerTower
Joined Aug 2009
977 Posts
Mo... not pavement ! Foam doesn't like pavement and unfortunately foam also normally comes off second-best. Sounds like you had a ball anyway
If your model is a bit twitchy, maybe dial in some expo to make the controls less reactive on middle-stick. I set mine on 70%, but it is also affected by the mechanical controls, so you might need to look at where they are on the horns.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 05:19 PM
Corsir Crasher
United States, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Oct 2011
405 Posts
All back together. Just to windy here tonight to go fly. I did put in expo, and it really controls well.
I am blown away at how well it flew.
All I was trying to do is add some up elevator. I had the cg about 1 1/2" back and I think it could have used 1 3/4".
I'll have to get pictures of my reinforced nose of the fuselage. It has bbq skewers running inside the top edge to around 1 1/2" under the wing. It stiffened up the nose after the first mishap, and I think it was just a tad nose heavy.
Mopower71 is online now Find More Posts by Mopower71
Last edited by Mopower71; Aug 30, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 03:03 AM
PowerTower
Joined Aug 2009
977 Posts
Mo, now that's what I call 'feeling the controls'
When you take her up and you can distinguish CG by the feel coming through the sticks, you really have got it nailed Good job.
I am well pleased that you have mastered the model, front end sounds a bit like mine with a slight mod to make it more sturdy. So the extended nose has worked for you, that's good too And I must say the last photo's showing a real quality paint-job, you have the sweetest Funbat I know of, just video to do then