Closed Thread
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:23 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskeg View Post
I guess you're right, I'm about to post about my experience with my bixler but now I feel a bit weird for it
Muskeg,

pls continue. Without reviews from rcg members, how will others see the quality or lack of on these models. I for one, am interested since I do buy quite a bit from HK.

anyhow, Valanti has asked me nicely to edit my post, so I'll stick to facts.

I must apologize on behalf of valanti. Pay no attention to him- He himself has said he continues to buy from HK, but 90% of his post are basically bashing HK and this is what you are seeing. To see this pattern, just click the little magnifying glass under his name and you'll see what I mean.

RC
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Sep 13, 2012 at 06:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by muskeg View Post
I guess you're right, I'm about to post about my experience with my bixler but now I feel a bit weird for it

Anyways!

So, I am not a kid but I was a beginner RC flyer when I first bought my first plane, a HK bixler. I actually came across this plane by reading about the recommended platforms @ diydrones.com. What did I like the most about the plane? The price. I knew it was some "chinese" clone and the shipping costs at HK were "impressive" to say the least but I still was able to get a flyable plane (including battery charger and RX/TX) for a significantly lower price by getting (almost) everything from HK in comparison to other websites and shops I visited.

Is it a good plane? I don't know, it's my first plane. Do I have fun with it? Yes, a lot. Did I have some issues? Yes! When I received my TX from HK (some cheap 9ch turnigy, overkill for a first plane maybe..), it was really poorly wrapped and one of the switch broke during transport. With the huge waiting time (and money) I spent after first ordering it, I certainly didn't feel like shipping it back to get a replacement so I decided to replace the switch myself. I also had issues with the motor mount and fought with it a bit. Servos don't look sturdy but none broke so far and I did semi-crash the plane a few times.

What I want to say here is that while I was a "RC beginner", I'm not stupid and know how to hack things a bit so really, for me the most important thing was to get something "decent" for a really good price. Spending $200 on something you don't know you'll enjoy sounded more appealing to me than spending $500, even if it meant I wouldn't get a top quality service and a 100% turnkey solution.

So, promotion in disguise or unadvised wisdom? I don't know, all I know is that I have a totally flyable plane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ-tqyT9JyA&hd=1

Oh, one last thing , I couldn't have done it so smoothly without the rcgroups
Cheers.
muskeg, feel free to post your RC experiences. It's clear you are just a fellow hobbyist having a good time flying your Bixler. I learned to fly with a Dynam Hawk Sky (very similar). Your post is much different than some other people that constantly promote product after product in a very transparent manner. They take the phony advertising to a ridiculous level. Good Luck to You. valanti256
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Sep 13, 2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Muskeg,

pls continue.

I must apologize on behalf of valanti. Pay no attention to him- He himself continues to buy from HK, but is on a rampage to rid the world of HK. What you are seeing is this quest of his in action.

RC
Apologize for yourself. I posted my opinion about an issue. Is that not allowed anymore. You follow me around this forum and quote every post I make and then you bash me. Is that all you can contribute? Put me on your ignore list if I bother you so much.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:52 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
Apologize for yourself. I posted my opinion about an issue. Is that not allowed anymore. You follow me around this forum and quote every post I make and then you bash me.
I apologize because IMO I feel it's necessary. I have not bashed you at all- I have stated facts and pointed out facts. I'm sorry but I am not following you around- it just happens you are replying to threads that peak my interest and I'm replying to them. Last I checked that was allowed. If you don't think that's allowed, pls do go ask the mods like you have the previous few times. I'm sure you can get more clarification.

Quote:
Is that all you can contribute?
Oh, how ironic! Actually unlike yours, 99.999999% of my post are contributing posts. Pls do a search on my post- you see that magnifying glass right under my name...click that and you'll see all my post. Again, pointing out facts to you.

Quote:
Put me on your ignore list if I bother you so much.
Sorry. You don't bother me at all. BTW - I thought I WAS on your ignore list. I remember you saying you added me to it. Oh well, could just be my bad memory.
Last edited by rcalldaylong; Sep 13, 2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Dec 2010
228 Posts
I'd just like to mention that I was so happy with the Dynam Hawk Sky that I meticulously, and eagerly, put together some documents (again, please see post 1 in this thread) to help beginner get into the hobby in a very inexpensive, practical, straight-forward way, and yet for my countless hours of effort I've been bashed to a bloody pulp in being excited about the Hawk Sky and other similar products. As a matter of fact, the *only* reason I ever even put the Bixler into the document is because I know the Hawk Sky is often out of stock (due to some unique circumstances, I even checked every week for over a year from beg of 2011 to beg of 2012 primarily and had a pretty good idea of things), and so I was pointing people to another nearly identical option for those cases when the Hawk Sky is not available. And......I've been criticized, nagged, and treated like a scoundrel, and dragged on my face through a ditch for believing someone like muskeg could be successful without purchasing a Tower Trainer 40, Sensei, Parkzone Radian, HobbyZone Stratos, Champ, etc, for double to quadruple the price once you've got the same quality equipment as I've listed in my documents. Anyway, It's been a struggle, but if anyone here cares to look, please go back to Post 1, and click the links. Also, I haven't worked on the document in the 2nd Link in Post 1 for a long time due not just to being busy, but also due to the extreme criticism I've received, so if anyone thinks they'd like to see the missing sections, give me a shout and I'll work on them sometime again.
panther3001 is offline Find More Posts by panther3001
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:09 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panther3001 View Post
I'd just like to mention that I was so happy with the Dynam Hawk Sky that I meticulously, and eagerly, put together some documents (again, please see post 1 in this thread) to help beginner get into the hobby in a very inexpensive, practical, straight-forward way, and yet for my countless hours of effort I've been bashed to a bloody pulp in being excited about the Hawk Sky and other similar products. As a matter of fact, the *only* reason I ever even put the Bixler into the document is because I know the Hawk Sky is often out of stock (due to some unique circumstances, I even checked every week for over a year from beg of 2011 to beg of 2012 primarily and had a pretty good idea of things), and so I was pointing people to another nearly identical option for those cases when the Hawk Sky is not available. And......I've been criticized, nagged, and treated like a scoundrel, and dragged on my face through a ditch for believing someone like muskeg could be successful without purchasing a Tower Trainer 40, Sensei, Parkzone Radian, HobbyZone Stratos, Champ, etc, for double to quadruple the price once you've got the same quality equipment as I've listed in my documents. Anyway, It's been a struggle, but if anyone here cares to look, please go back to Post 1, and click the links. Also, I haven't worked on the document in the 2nd Link in Post 1 for a long time due not just to being busy, but also due to the extreme criticism I've received, so if anyone thinks they'd like to see the missing sections, give me a shout and I'll work on them sometime again.
Go for it and finish it up. Don't let others bully you into stopping. I think it will be an invaluable tool for others when trying to make a decision on which model to choose.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:10 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
ditto.

there was a reason the hawk sky was out of stock, it was an extremely popular plane. So much so that I believe the Bixler came into play to compete with it, as does often happen.

The plane was relatively inexpensive, pretty durable, and could be mod'd all over the place. It didn't hurt that Dave from RCPowers (uh oh..possible shill alert!) was featuring the plane on many videos. It's an extremely good choice as a trainer or second plane. And it sure is easy to cart around. There is really little to say about it that's bad.

Since this is your thread, you talk about the items you want to as long as you want. That some people would come in and attempt to derail this because of their fervent hatred of any particular vendor, and call into question your credibility, is a shining example of their lack of character. It's not on you man, it's on them. A two minute glimpse at their posting history says it all.

I thought you could delete any comments you wanted since it's your thread, but might not be possible in this type of forum. Feel free to hit the report button though, and many of us will too. Keep in mind it should be used sparingly (imo) but when you have people with no common sense or lack of awareness, it's your only way to clear things up. They want to foist THEIR agendas on you, all in the guise of "helping the RC community". We're all big boys and know how/when/where to spend our money.

Bixler, Skysurfer, Hawk Sky, Baby Sky surfer, Easy Star, Radian are some great economical planes to guy as a first or second plane.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Closed Thread