Closed Thread
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:56 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magrat View Post
Hell, mention HK in any favourable light and you are there. Of course followed by RCALLDAYLONG and both proceed to hail on anyone's parade.

I wish you both would get the boot from RCG, at least one will be at home on the psycho site.
Sorry, I like to speak my mind! it's something we Americans call "free speech". I am entitled to it and so are you.

Simply putting it, I couldn't sit back and watch the newbie get beat up because of a "hunch" or "could be" or "might"....etc. Imagine if our judicial system worked that way

How about "guilty on a hunch until proven innocent". I think that about sums it up.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:44 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,013 Posts
While I don't have a negative opinion of HK per se, I did post earlier that I thought the OP was trying to start a commercial enterprise based on his recommendations. So, yes, the original post sure does sound that way. I believe he posted the same thing in a couple of forums. However, we should all just chill just a little bit, don't ya think?
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Sep 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Last edited by Murocflyer; Sep 13, 2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:25 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
5,013 Posts
BTW - You appear to be a real "flyboy" so I would like to ask, what is your specialty? I have a friend whose son would love to get into flyin drones for the armed forces. He's a pretty good RC pilot, especially with warbirds.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
BTW - You appear to be a real "flyboy" so I would like to ask, what is your specialty? I have a friend whose son would love to get into flyin drones for the armed forces. He's a pretty good RC pilot, especially with warbirds.
I'll be glad to offer some advice for your friend's son. I'll send you a PM when I get the chance.

Frank
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
OP thanks for your comments and attempt to help others.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Last edited by porcia83; Sep 12, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:26 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Really shocked and surprised to see you treat another member, and a newer one that that, this way Frank. You have a depth and breadth of experience in the hobby, AMA, and on this site that most do not have. To see you do this is disappointing. I think you owe the guy an apology.
see post# 33. He did apologize. I felt his apology is genuine, and give him props for manning up.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
OP thanks for taking time to share your thoughts with others.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
Last edited by Murocflyer; Sep 13, 2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
OP thanks for taking time to try to help others.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
If anything they show how people can be quick to judge, not do their research and back up their positions, have no evidence to back up accusations, .
And see, there you go. I do not know you at all and you clearly do not know me or you would not have said what you said. If you click on the magnifying glass under my username, how many anti-HK posts do I have? Zero. So I know your anger is not against me. I understand that. I do recognize the situation and I'm sure others do as well. It's a shame that anything remotely negative against HK draws so much attention these days.

If you delete your posts and the others do the same, then I will be glad to remove mine. But if they don't, there is no reason for me to do so since the quoted posts will still be there for folks to see. If I see them deleted, I'll delete mine.

I'm sure the OP accepted my apology so I don't understand the drama going on here now.

Frank

PS If you would like to discuss this any further, let's do it via PM. This ongoing discussion has nothing to do with the OP's topic and I do not feel comfortable discussing issues of RCG that is not in site chat. Thanks.
Last edited by Murocflyer; Sep 12, 2012 at 03:19 PM. Reason: PS added so we don't have to clutter this thread
Old Sep 12, 2012, 03:42 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
I know you.

I've deleted my posts, and would suggest the OP delete everything other than his comments that are not of a positive nature.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:12 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
There are so many posts on this forum that just sound like poorly disguised advertisements especially when it comes to Hobby King. I'm sure most of them are not from paid HK promoters because why would company pay someone to post something that sounds so phony.
The fact is HK did run a want ad in January, 2012 on their forum to hire people to promote their products on the RC forums. I believe runing that want ad Destroyed The Credibility of all legitimate hobbyists that have purchased HK products and had good luck with them and wish to share their experience with others. Running that ad was a huge mistake. Now you never know if you're talking to a paid promoter or not??? Very unprofessional.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Last edited by valanti256; Sep 13, 2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:47 AM
BillyG master daehrekcep
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,904 Posts
Please share these posts on this forum Valanti256. I'm struggling to find these phony posts you are refering too? I'm also curious as to what that has to do with this particular thread? Have you actually looked at what the OP has put together?

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:56 AM
Joined Nov 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
that ad was a huge mistake. Now you never know if you're talking to a paid promoter or not???
I guess you're right, I'm about to post about my experience with my bixler but now I feel a bit weird for it

Anyways!

So, I am not a kid but I was a beginner RC flyer when I first bought my first plane, a HK bixler. I actually came across this plane by reading about the recommended platforms @ diydrones.com. What did I like the most about the plane? The price. I knew it was some "chinese" clone and the shipping costs at HK were "impressive" to say the least but I still was able to get a flyable plane (including battery charger and RX/TX) for a significantly lower price by getting (almost) everything from HK in comparison to other websites and shops I visited.

Is it a good plane? I don't know, it's my first plane. Do I have fun with it? Yes, a lot. Did I have some issues? Yes! When I received my TX from HK (some cheap 9ch turnigy, overkill for a first plane maybe..), it was really poorly wrapped and one of the switch broke during transport. With the huge waiting time (and money) I spent after first ordering it, I certainly didn't feel like shipping it back to get a replacement so I decided to replace the switch myself. I also had issues with the motor mount and fought with it a bit. Servos don't look sturdy but none broke so far and I did semi-crash the plane a few times.

What I want to say here is that while I was a "RC beginner", I'm not stupid and know how to hack things a bit so really, for me the most important thing was to get something "decent" for a really good price. Spending $200 on something you don't know you'll enjoy sounded more appealing to me than spending $500, even if it meant I wouldn't get a top quality service and a 100% turnkey solution.

So, promotion in disguise or unadvised wisdom? I don't know, all I know is that I have a totally flyable plane

25aout2012 (3 min 47 sec)

Oh, one last thing , I couldn't have done it so smoothly without the rcgroups
Cheers.
muskeg is offline Find More Posts by muskeg
Closed Thread