SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Dec 2010
228 Posts
Discussion
Get Off Your Butt, Get Into RC. :) (& Download PDF through link in Post 1)

Hi, I'd just like to share what I know with more people, so if interested please check this link out here for more details on HOW TO GET YOUR KIDS INTO RC!!!

Real-life video games--now *that's* what I'm talking about!

RC Enthusiast,
Gabriel

Click below for my main thread and links to the PDF file I put together:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post21824075

panther3001 is offline Find More Posts by panther3001
Last edited by panther3001; Sep 13, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 25, 2012, 07:10 PM
Joined Dec 2010
228 Posts
Update:
I just got my website up with this document: https://sites.google.com/site/electricrcaircraftguru/
And here is the direct link to what I have so far on my 80+ RC ebook document: https://sites.google.com/site/electr...raftguru/doc-2
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:35 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,569 Posts
Errrm, how many posts like this do you have around here, exactly?

Do you ever participate in the rest of this site, or do you just use it to push your documents and website?
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Jul 25, 2012, 11:35 PM
Joined Dec 2010
228 Posts
C4H10, to be frank, I have 5 RCGroups threads now, in different categories, with links to my website, and I don't plan on making any more threads like this unless I dramatically add to or change the documents and want to make people aware again. I see you have posted on several of my threads and may not be a big fan of posting vast amounts of information in a document style, versus small question-answer style. However, a vast amount of the document has come from information I've gleaned from RCgroups.

As you can see, I only have 98 posts since Dec 2010. Of those 98 posts, probably 15 or so are on my threads related to my documents & informational website. The rest are regular RCgroups-type discussions, or me asking or answering peoples' questions. However, as to my participation in RCGroups, though I have only posted 98 posts, I have read probably 2000 posts since 2010 and spent countless hours looking at things on RCGroups. Currently, I am subscribed to a couple threads started by others on RCGroups as well, including one by Melnic which I've been following for over a year now I believe, and which has hundreds of pages.

As for my posts like this, I put out three threads in early June with just an enclosed PDF for my opinions on helping beginners get started. It did not originally have my website links, but I wanted to share the document so I made a few threads. This month I got the website set up with a free Google webpage, so I thought it would be easier to keep that document updated using one central location rather than updating it on three threads. Therefore, I updated those three threads with my website link today. This is one of them.

Additionally, I added two more separate threads since I also posted (to my website) the 86 pg eBook I've been working on for a couple years, and which still isn't finished. I'd rather have one place to keep the document updated than many, and I wanted to get the document out finally, since I've spent countless hours working on it, so that's what I've done. I've consolidated my efforts into one location to keep a working copy of the eBook, and I've linked old threads to the website as well.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 12:01 AM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,569 Posts
After I posted, I took a peek at the list of threads you've started and posts you've made and I've found that you do indeed engage in discussion elsewhere... It all just happens to be in areas of the site where I don't normally spend a lot of time My apologies on that one.

I know I've posted in almost all of your threads on this subject and my opinion of the concept may appear somewhat negative, so as long as I'm here I'll just say that I do find your efforts impressive. Few people out there are willing to spend so much time putting together anything like that just out of a desire to help others in the hobby.
C₄H₁₀ is online now Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀