HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:19 AM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Joined Dec 2010
388 Posts
Enjoy your vacation Tom.
There should be a nice bundle of reviews in from the paying beta testers waiting for you when you get back.
docinfrance is offline Find More Posts by docinfrance
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:20 AM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,845 Posts
They are here and are shipping today the first 75 going out today. If you ordered before May 24th you will be on the first batch. 2nd 200 coming next week.

Sorry can't get to every email about when they were ship. You will get shipping Tracking #.
UAVProducts is online now Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:53 AM
United States, NJ, Jackson
Joined Aug 2010
30 Posts
Can anyone explain how the RTH works? Does it just fly a straight line back to home? Is there I way to have it fly back at say 100ft, then lower itself? I fly FPV where there is a lot of trees. I got disoriented last night when the wind took it, and almost lost the quad, thankfully my neighbor was with me to guide me back. If I had RTH, I could have used that, but am worried it would run the quad into trees since it doesnt know about them. If I could tell it to fly 100ft up until it reaches home, then land, that would be ideal.
jefbur is offline Find More Posts by jefbur
Old Jun 08, 2012, 08:55 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,484 Posts
GPS Shipping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
They are here and are shipping today the first 75 going out today. If you ordered before May 24th you will be on the first batch. 2nd 200 coming next week.

Sorry can't get to every email about when they were ship. You will get shipping Tracking #.
Thanks!
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Faa
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:04 AM
USA, VA, Merrifield
Joined Jun 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefbur View Post
Can anyone explain how the RTH works? Does it just fly a straight line back to home? Is there I way to have it fly back at say 100ft, then lower itself? I fly FPV where there is a lot of trees. I got disoriented last night when the wind took it, and almost lost the quad, thankfully my neighbor was with me to guide me back. If I had RTH, I could have used that, but am worried it would run the quad into trees since it doesnt know about them. If I could tell it to fly 100ft up until it reaches home, then land, that would be ideal.
Here's a diagram from the manual about RTH (manual: http://download.dji-innovations.com/...al_v2.0_en.pdf)
signal7 is offline Find More Posts by signal7
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Aug 2010
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal7 View Post
Here's a diagram from the manual about RTH (manual: http://download.dji-innovations.com/...al_v2.0_en.pdf)
Exactly what I needed, thanks for the diagram!!!
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:21 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,883 Posts
Yep, they are shipping
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 08, 2012, 09:24 AM
Joined Aug 2010
30 Posts
One last question, I have an EagleTree GPS unit already on my quad. Will they conflict with each other if I add the NAZA GPS?
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:16 AM
USA, VA, Merrifield
Joined Jun 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Exactly what I needed, thanks for the diagram!!!
I wish you could set the RTH altitude value, maybe there's a way?
signal7 is offline Find More Posts by signal7
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:25 AM
United States, CA, Pacific Grove
Joined Jan 2012
60 Posts
Gps

OK, the father's day gambit worked. Ordered the GPS today from Robert. .
repodog is offline Find More Posts by repodog
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:38 AM
Don't disturb the pilot !!!
Canada, QC, Quebec
Joined Jun 2008
2,183 Posts
One should not affect the other. Use to have a quad with 2 differents gps antennas side by side without any problem. Jsut in case, do some testing before flying...

Quote:
One last question, I have an EagleTree GPS unit already on my quad. Will they conflict with each other if I add the NAZA GPS?
saucisse is offline Find More Posts by saucisse
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post

Ok no more RCG for you Robert get to work I am glad to know I will be getting mine from the first batch.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Just checked my emails and guess what, my shipping confirmation from UAVPRODUCTS is there
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:51 AM
USA, CA, Pollock Pines
Joined Jan 2011
158 Posts
Thanks Robert, got my shipping confirm. today.

Sure could have used the GPS yesterday. Was doing a shoot for the SEIU at the state capital and manually keeping it in position at a 150 feet up and fighting a light breeze is a bit challenging to keep the subject in frame. Used a video feed from the GoPro to my netbook with someone telling me, move left, move right, it was a straight down vertical shot they wanted with 4 different subjects.......I really gotta learn to use my FPV stuff.

Looking forward to GPS on my Naza...

-Don
bendicks is offline Find More Posts by bendicks
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined Jan 2012
76 Posts
i got my confermation of it being shipped today..

well if the mail man is fast..will i have it for sunday funfly ?. i hope so...got mine from uav...
mercurypro is offline Find More Posts by mercurypro