Registered Lunatic
Boston, MA
Joined Jul 2010
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-unit View Post
That looks just like mine
cant wait to get my fpv stuff on mine
This was the very first FPV flight I did today with the full setup, recorded off the VTX downlink. I did an RTH at the end of this flight and you can see the bounce from the camera view as it lands. Sure does take this thing a long time to come down I've noticed, or maybe it was because of the wind it had to keep stopping and checking GPS coordinates. Every time it landed within a few feet of where it took off from so it looks like the GPS is working properly...

I'll say one thing, getting all the FPV gear on this tiny frame is a challenge, I stopped by the LHS and bought an AR8000 on the way home simply because it's smaller than the AR7000 that is hanging out the side of the 330. Now if I could just find a bit more space and a really small OSD to complete the setup!

225538A.avi (6 min 54 sec)
RTRyder is offline Find More Posts by RTRyder
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:20 PM
United States, NY, Huntington Station
Joined May 2012
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
Here's the video, thanks to BostonFlyGuy for assisting today and handling the camera while I watched through the goggles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35eVoHEINSY
Very nice! I'll have to try a high decent tomorrow and check out how a bigger copter behave.
chuenwe is offline Find More Posts by chuenwe
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined May 2012
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTRyder View Post
I'll say one thing, getting all the FPV gear on this tiny frame is a challenge, I stopped by the LHS and bought an AR8000 on the way home simply because it's smaller than the AR7000 that is hanging out the side of the 330. Now if I could just find a bit more space and a really small OSD to complete the setup!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhIEXNQknPI
That is nice! I even have trouble mounting the FPV gear on my Talon. I really don't know how you guys fit everything on a 330. Looking good thou!
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:52 PM
My cat moderates better
Australia, QLD, Worongary
Joined Apr 2011
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbankuest View Post
Why do you have it in Heli mode? I have an Aurora 9 and it was pretty simple to do. First make sure your 3 position switch for flight mode is set up correctly, i have mine in CH5/AUX1 with Switch C and i just had to adjust the Travel Limit to +86% and -83%

Then i added a Programable mix (Blank -> AUX1 ) in wich i set the offset of -54% and assigned it to Switch B. This way i override the failsafe with Switch B.

Hope it helps
I'm having the same problem as Mike - I tried what you wrote there but it doesn't make sense sorry.

Is there a simply way to make switch E (the one I use) output go into failsafe on the NAZA when I turn the TX off?
BillzillaAus is offline Find More Posts by BillzillaAus
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:58 PM
I do all my own crashes
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined Jan 2011
243 Posts
Hey guys, I got my GPS on Friday and installed it on my F550. Today I flew it for the first time, it can't tell if it makes a difference. . . .. I have done the calibration, haven't tried a RTH yet. Is turning off the TX the only way to make the RTH happen?

Also is there any way to tell if the NAZA is "seeing" the GPS? In my the assistant (v1.6) the autopilot (in box 2) is greyed out, not sure if that means anything. I just wish you could tell the number of sats it's locked onto without decoding the LED blinks...
Wingnut13 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut13
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined May 2012
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut13 View Post
Hey guys, I got my GPS on Friday and installed it on my F550. Today I flew it for the first time, it can't tell if it makes a difference. . . .. I have done the calibration, haven't tried a RTH yet. Is turning off the TX the only way to make the RTH happen?

Also is there any way to tell if the NAZA is "seeing" the GPS? In my the assistant (v1.6) the autopilot (in box 2) is greyed out, not sure if that means anything. I just wish you could tell the number of sats it's locked onto without decoding the LED blinks...
You don't have to turn off the TX to get RTH. Just set a control mode into the Failsafe zone (like you set it to Atti, GPS, manual mode).

NAZA uses red blinks to tell you how many sats are locked. 3 red blinks means less than 5 sats. 2 red blinks mean less than 6 sats. 1 red blinks means less than 7. For the best result, they suggest haven't no red blinks (having 7 or more sats lock).
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:11 PM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuenwe View Post
I agree. Don't kill yourself over trying to get the 330 working. I think it's the prop too close to the NAZA's baro sensor and affecting it's attitude detection.

Which hexa you have? The failsafe landing works really well for my Talon hexa 625.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAHfgxZyViU
Looks good,
Im using the X-aircraft frame. This a vid of it when i got my FPV and GoPro on it, no GPS yet..
Untitled (3 min 41 sec)
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Last edited by G-unit; Jun 16, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:57 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2010
652 Posts
Hello,
Did anyone experienced issues while updating firmware the power fails on V-SEN and next thing yoou know it dosent not power atall.
So, i got a NAZA in kit today. As i was in the process of updating the firmware all of a sudden lights out on V-SEN no more light and next thing i couldnt power it on.
Please let me know if someone had a similar expereience.Thanks
mmalik4 is offline Find More Posts by mmalik4
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:24 AM
My cat moderates better
Australia, QLD, Worongary
Joined Apr 2011
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillzillaAus View Post
I'm having the same problem as Mike - I tried what you wrote there but it doesn't make sense sorry.

Is there a simply way to make switch E (the one I use) output go into failsafe on the NAZA when I turn the TX off?
I ended up giving-up and just using the A9 slider, and it works fine.
It's still not all that easy to swap between the modes quickly & accurately but when I tried it, I found that it doesn't action the failsafe RTH immediately so I have time to set the slider where I want it.
The other good news is that the RTH works fine! I didn't let it go all the way to a landing though as the grass is a bit long so that's a job for later.
BillzillaAus is offline Find More Posts by BillzillaAus
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:34 AM
Australia, TAS, Hobart
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
Testing gps

Hi all,

Ran a few batteries through my fpv450 naza with gps today and noticed something odd. Every time I switched from ATi to GPS the quad would tilt about 5 degrees to the right and continue on that path until I corrected it or switched it back to ATi mode.

Anyone had the same issue?

The quad is well balanced and flies very well in ATi mode..
murzwern is offline Find More Posts by murzwern
Old Jun 17, 2012, 01:57 AM
WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT!!!
AZ
Joined May 2006
4,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murzwern View Post
Hi all,

Ran a few batteries through my fpv450 naza with gps today and noticed something odd. Every time I switched from ATi to GPS the quad would tilt about 5 degrees to the right and continue on that path until I corrected it or switched it back to ATi mode.

Anyone had the same issue?

The quad is well balanced and flies very well in ATi mode..
Sounds like u need to mess with the xyz settings on the GPS..
do u have a pic of your setup?
G-unit is offline Find More Posts by G-unit
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:05 AM
Australia, TAS, Hobart
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
Quote:
I'll take a few and post them. I have gone through them many times and all look good to me.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:32 AM
israel
Joined Jun 2003
902 Posts
Hello
Im waiting to my naza+gps and after reading this thread I have question: I intend to use Futaba 9C and do not understand how to assign the F\S to RTH switch and how to make it like the video in post #840.another question, should I disable the F\S on the Tx side and use only the Rx side? because there is some Futaba clone Rx (frsky) that call for disable the Tx F\S side

Have a nice weekend
Moti
moti is offline Find More Posts by moti
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:41 AM
Australia, TAS, Hobart
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
Quote:
Current setup. COG is where the bolt is missing off the top plate
Old Jun 17, 2012, 02:56 AM
Joined May 2012
1,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moti View Post
Hello
Im waiting to my naza+gps and after reading this thread I have question: I intend to use Futaba 9C and do not understand how to assign the F\S to RTH switch and how to make it like the video in post #840.another question, should I disable the F\S on the Tx side and use only the Rx side? because there is some Futaba clone Rx (frsky) that call for disable the Tx F\S side

Have a nice weekend
Moti
Video in post #840... this one?

NAZA GPS on Turnigy Talon Hexa - Fail Safe Landing (1 min 17 sec)

I'm not familiar with the Futaba but the idea should be the same. Do you know how to set F mode? The normal, stunt 1, stunt 2. Basically, you set up flat pitch curve for each F mode in the TX.

In the DJI NAZA Assistant, the Tx Cali screen. You can see the Control Mode Switch is lay out as GPS, Fail-Safe, A, Fail-Safe, M. So, you want to have the flat pitch curve in each F mode to land into each Control Mode, while the Throttle hold would land on one of the Fail-Safe regions.

In Spektrum TX, the lowest setting is -100% and the highest is +100%. So, I would have to set up my Pitch Curve for the GPS mode as -90%, Alt Hold mode as 0%, +90% as Manual. And about -40% for Throttle Hold.

And then have the Pitch channel connect to U port in NAZA. Throttle Hold will then trigger the Failsafe auto landing.

For power off failsafe, I'll let the Futaba user to explain to you. I have no idea how the Futaba do the failsafe binding.