HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:06 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2013
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
The lens from my FPV cam had vibrated loose and what caused the blur... the white screen was when the lens came completely off.
You need to balance more...
JK
crashsalot is offline Find More Posts by crashsalot
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:37 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehx View Post
Yea, I was trying to simplify the idea, but my description was too simple. Like the mode toggle to exit RTH. You really only have to get to Manual or Atti. GPS mode doesn't get you out, hence the toggle from GPS mode to another.

The only real thing I push is to test your own setup. There are just too many variables to say "This is the way it's done, and this will always work for any equipment."

Of course we have a few people who say don't test ...
+++++++1 I'm with ya totally. Nothing more important then knowing your system in and out. Honestly, that was my biggest mistake starting out. I was a little afraid of testing it and when it happened, things didn't turn-out like I'd planned. I really believe we all have to test. Get in a good safe place where your not going to hurt anyone or cause any damage, but test... Maybe even consider a little tiny battery that wont get you too far should things go South.

I sure think this is one incredible system when it's all working as it should, but it really sucks when you read about someone loosing their whole rig to a fly-away and I think everyone on here does a great job to help prevent that for guys just setting-up their system !!!
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:37 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashsalot View Post
You need to balance more...
JK
If you could see my video you'd know this isn't true I never had any jello from a hard mounted GoPro . Time and the lack of a set-screw were the biggest offenders that and a tiny bit of vibration.

New camera has a set-screw
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:24 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,374 Posts
I had previously had trouble exiting RTH despite toggling all the switches. Following som advice from this thread I changed the RTH position as seen in Assistant from the one between GPS and ATTI to the one between ATTI and MAN. Tested it today. Worked a treat, just like it's supposed to.

But here's a hint - DON'T EXIT RTH INTO MAN mode when the machine is still too far away to see its orientation. Dropped in inverted from 67ft. Fortunately damage was limited to broken arms and it's now flying again.

Curious observation #1 - in 2 months of regular flying I've now broken 4 red arms but no white arms.

Curious observation #2 - before, in GPS mode if I did a pirouette, it would actually circle around in about a 6ft diameter circle. After the repair it pirouettes on the spot, rotating exactly around the center of the machine.
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:51 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
8,034 Posts
Did you move any of the electronics or change the alignment of the GPS?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Photogrammetry Solution
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:04 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Did you move any of the electronics or change the alignment of the GPS?
I moved the GPS about 2cm higher. It still points dead straight ahead.
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:43 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Feb 2013
237 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
If you could see my video you'd know this isn't true I never had any jello from a hard mounted GoPro . Time and the lack of a set-screw were the biggest offenders that and a tiny bit of vibration.

New camera has a set-screw
I know. JK meant just kidding.
crashsalot is offline Find More Posts by crashsalot
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:58 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
I found out the problem. My ESc's were set to low timing. It needed to be set to high for the mt-4006 motors. Corrected this and it runs very nice now. Just working on the gains.
derrick1231 is offline Find More Posts by derrick1231
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:03 AM
Joined Jan 2013
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzer View Post
Hi Guys

I have been helping a buddy of mine set up his Naza and GPS and we have run into some small issues with the initial flight testing.

We have the Basic Gains and the Attitude Gains set reasonably well but we seem to be getting some odd behavior on the Yaw controls.

When holding a nice stationary hover and we apply Yaw input the quad drifts and rolls considerably. It also loses altitude.

It displays this in both Attitude mode and GPS mode.
(we forgot to test in Manual mode)

Can anyone shed some light on why this may happen and what we can do to resolve it?

In comparison my Quad with Naza + GPS yaws around its center axis perfectly.

Motors are emax 2822, 1200kv Props are 8x4.5
battery is 3s 3300.

Its the same on both quads so i do not understand why the yaw performs so differently on each quad?

Cheers

Ben
I had the same problem. I had to set my timing to high (it was set to low) for the mt-4006 motors. No more flipping when I give yaw input. Or check your motor specs. as to what the timing should be set at. I crashed 5 times, costing an additional 389.00 for parts before I figured out what the problem. Good luck.
derrick1231 is offline Find More Posts by derrick1231
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:17 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,635 Posts
Seen this asked a few times but never really a detailed reply...for those running an octo on the NAZA with the quad mode with Yed ESCs/motors, are there any know issues or problems with it compared to using a FC that has actual octo support?
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:34 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,906 Posts
due to the unreliability of both my naza's I abandoned the possibility of using it on an octo.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:47 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsailsnorth View Post
Bill, could the difference there be the fact that you do have manual as a selection? I'm interested if it would work if you removed your second switch and just had GPS/ ATTI/ RTH as he describes.
Think you have misunderstood. I have two different model memories:

1 - with a 2-pos switch mapped for GPS/Manual.
2 - with a 3-pos switch mapped for Atti/GPS/Failsafe

The first memory is only ever used on the ground for compass calibration - flying is always done with the second memory loaded. So there is no switch mapped to manual then.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:41 AM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
6,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
due to the unreliability of both my naza's I abandoned the possibility of using it on an octo.

Steve
What issues were you having?
I do have a couple units RMAed, but when it is working it has been fine for me.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:38 AM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Think you have misunderstood. I have two different model memories:

1 - with a 2-pos switch mapped for GPS/Manual.
2 - with a 3-pos switch mapped for Atti/GPS/Failsafe

The first memory is only ever used on the ground for compass calibration - flying is always done with the second memory loaded. So there is no switch mapped to manual then.
Yep, your right. I misunderstood. So that means it does indeed work without manual programed. Good to know. I must have been doing something different or incorrectly with mine. Thanks for clarifying!!
melsailsnorth is online now Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:04 PM
Joined Jul 2011
151 Posts
Hi,

I just got a naza f550 with gps, the problem I am having is that if i put it into gps mode it eventually pics up a lock but after a while the lights start rapidly flashing yellow and I cant start the motors using csc I only can start it in the other modes. On the software I see the stick move to gps but the writing below says fail safe it keeps switching between the two?
Euwan is online now Find More Posts by Euwan