Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:16 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
All is good now. It's locked in.
I guess moving the GPS puck worked.
it's rock solid when still, when I do a 360 it does it in about a 8ft radius. Oh well, good enough.
Thanks again.

I tried the video really quick and it's still crappy signal.
Where did you move it too? Is it now on the stalk?

Here is mine (flys awesome ):
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:22 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,067 Posts
Quote:
that sounds like a great idea I will try that out and see if it makes it better. Thank you very much for that idea.
Does that means putting the receiver antenna upside down also or does that not matter?
No, he's never mentioned having to change anything with regard to your receiver so I'd just keep it all the same. I'm using the same upside down spironet antenna on TX and a small 3 turn helical/ airwave fatshark RX on my goggles and I have perfect video out at a mile and sure I could go much further once I get some issues resolved with my EZ UHF (can't get past a mile without failsafes right now).
melsailsnorth is offline Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:23 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
no it is not on the mast, it is still directly on the top plate.I'm may raise it just a couple inches on the mast to see if I can do a 360 and stay in the same spot like it used to before I started messing with it.
at least it's working within it's tolerance now.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:57 PM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Video Jello problems

I followed Askmans lead and tried some vibration isolation at the motor mount of my Y6 650....ya think it worked? Watch it in full HD to see the video quality.
Y6 650 With Custom Vibration Isolation Xaircraft Gimbal Naza Controlled (10 min 43 sec)
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:16 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,195 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsailsnorth View Post
No, he's never mentioned having to change anything with regard to your receiver so I'd just keep it all the same. I'm using the same upside down spironet antenna on TX and a small 3 turn helical/ airwave fatshark RX on my goggles and I have perfect video out at a mile and sure I could go much further once I get some issues resolved with my EZ UHF (can't get past a mile without failsafes right now).
Wow, a mile out. That's awesome I pray that I can get half that range with good video signal and I'll be happy.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:43 PM
Joined Aug 2011
95 Posts
hey its me with the drifting naza, now i noticed another problem.
my quad always wants to yaw to the right.. so its drifting to the right, and yawing to the right.

what could the issue be?
MaGuNs is offline Find More Posts by MaGuNs
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:46 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,771 Posts
Also the GoPro's are notorious for interference coming off the back of the camera and yours is mounted high on the frame and inline with the GPS.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:56 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,016 Posts
No GPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGuNs View Post
my quad always wants to yaw to the right.. so its drifting to the right, and yawing to the right.

what could the issue be?
The last time you posted about drift (Jan 29), you stated that you had no GPS.
Is that still true?
When you post on the Naza GPS thread, people assume that you have GPS.
Hence, you'll be getting GPS related answers.
If you still have no GPS, several people answered you (on Jan 29) about why you're seeing drift.
The reason for the right yaw is most likely the same...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Feb 01, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:11 PM
Preserve our right to FPV !!!!
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Dec 2010
1,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGuNs View Post

what could the issue be?
You didn't mention the result of all the previous suggestions that you've tried or not.
Usually compass calibration and slight trimming of your Naza (physically trimming by very slightly raising the side that it is drifting towards with a shim) the unit will usually solve this issue quickly and easily.
melsailsnorth is offline Find More Posts by melsailsnorth
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:43 PM
Westland Michigan.
Joined Jan 2012
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Maybe I should have gone for the 1200mm version then, rather than the 'little' 900

I know the 650mm limit is just a "recommendation" from DJI

Good to see people using bigger frames successfully though.
I've done 1100mm. It seems OK
Old Man Mike

DJI Naza GPS Homebuilt Failsafe (6 min 45 sec)
mikemijal is offline Find More Posts by mikemijal
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:30 AM
Joined Aug 2011
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melsailsnorth View Post
You didn't mention the result of all the previous suggestions that you've tried or not.
Usually compass calibration and slight trimming of your Naza (physically trimming by very slightly raising the side that it is drifting towards with a shim) the unit will usually solve this issue quickly and easily.
ye sorry guys, im new at this i have calibrated it and now i have shimmed it, going out for a new test soon. i dont have a gps still. the weird thing is i bought 2 naza with f450. the one i built for me drifts, and the other that i built for my brother was perfect. guess shimming is the only way for drifting. but what about the yawing? i have calibrated it with the assistant software.
MaGuNs is offline Find More Posts by MaGuNs
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:10 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2012
304 Posts
I should explain that I have come from collective pitch heli world. But just to be sure, I went out again today, popped up my F450 in manual and it hovered. Occasional bit of stick movement, but it sure as hell looked like a hover to me. And it was windy. HOWEVER, if you have spent you RC life in Attitude Mode on a Quad, then you will have a different interpretation to mine. I can assure that if there were no 3 axis gyro (and heading hold) at work when in manual mode, you wouldn't get it 2 feet of the ground. The accelerometers are active in Atti mode, not in Man mode. HTH

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian_M View Post
Can you please elaborate as to how it *wants to hover* in Manual mode mine certainly doesn't and it is well balanced
accelerometers is what is used in Att mode and in manual that function is switched off
Again this is what I have been told by DJI i guess they don't know what they talking about
thegeek is offline Find More Posts by thegeek
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:34 AM
Joined Dec 2012
304 Posts
I should also add that I'm flying Man mode with Dual Rates & Expo at the moment as it's a bit less stressful. DR down to 85% and 5%+ Expo (just to take the edge off in the turns). My rudder is DR 125% & 0 Expo. It will still hover fine with no DR, just takes a little bit more stick work if there is wind about - your basic Manual mode (by anyones standards) is pretty sensitive and like a CP heli, will keep going the way you last moved the sticks, unless you pull it up.

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek View Post
I should explain that I have come from collective pitch heli world. But just to be sure, I went out again today, popped up my F450 in manual and it hovered. Occasional bit of stick movement, but it sure as hell looked like a hover to me. And it was windy. HOWEVER, if you have spent you RC life in Attitude Mode on a Quad, then you will have a different interpretation to mine. I can assure that if there were no 3 axis gyro (and heading hold) at work when in manual mode, you wouldn't get it 2 feet of the ground. The accelerometers are active in Atti mode, not in Man mode. HTH

J
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:41 AM
Joined Dec 2012
304 Posts
And finally...

And all I can say is thank goodness for Atti and GPS modes, or far less peeps would be out there taking part and experiencing the joys of RC flying. End of story.

J

Quote:
I should also add that I'm flying Man mode with Dual Rates & Expo at the moment as it's a bit less stressful. DR down to 85% and 5%+ Expo (just to take the edge off in the turns). My rudder is DR 125% & 0 Expo. It will still hover fine with no DR, just takes a little bit more stick work if there is wind about - your basic Manual mode (by anyones standards) is pretty sensitive and like a CP heli, will keep going the way you last moved the sticks, unless you pull it up.

J
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:13 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,960 Posts
Quote:
Wow, a mile out. That's awesome I pray that I can get half that range with good video signal and I'll be happy.
i did a mile out last weekend with my wee little 200mW 5.8 tx and a crosshair on my goggles, didn't see a pixel of static

Quote:
And all I can say is thank goodness for Atti and GPS modes, or far less peeps would be out there taking part and experiencing the joys of RC flying. End of story.

J
totally agree, i quit helicopters over a year ago, then i dared to get a multi rotor, except that i ponied up the cash for a good controller (naza), i've been blissfully happy since
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member