SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 03, 2013, 10:41 PM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
Well I had seen them , I see them on eBay next to the junk I have now so I just figured the same plus the ones at ebbuddy are green and the other ones I saw are black , soni take it the Angela are the low class ones and the others are ok? I won't lie I saw t motor on warthox and they look pretty bad a$$ so I jut figured you know , but I also rea that they were almost the same as sunnysky , this is just so confusing sometimes lol
Diazapamjam is offline Find More Posts by Diazapamjam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 12:51 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Sep 2004
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedWing172 View Post
I just flew my DJI 450 for the first time yesterday. The only multi experience I had prior to this was a custom built Octo with a UAVX controller. I cannot say enough nice things about the DJI Naza right now. I am very impressed with it.
Nice.
Did you resolve your yaw issue (not rotating about the center of the machine)?
kallend is offline Find More Posts by kallend
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Using a DX9 to "strobe" LED...
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:03 AM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diazapamjam View Post
Hey guys got a few questions , I'm still fresh in my learning but can fly a bit I currently am flying a x525 with a kk2 and some cheapo Chinese esc and motors , but I am not very pleased with how generic everything feels and acts so I decided to spend a little money and am piecing a good aircraft together . I really like the dji stuff , even though it seams to spark serious emotions in some of the patron here on the web, e.g. Tc and quite a few others . With all that aside I still think that they have really nice parts and such . What set this off is I had one day off for New Years and I wanted to fly so bad and no matter what I did it this damn thing just gave road blocks one after another , so I said never against I'm gonna buy so thing with quality ! That led me to a f450 , HK30 a simonk flashed Ecs, and a naza m.
Which two of three I recieved today in the mail ,(my wife sent pics) I also bought noodle wire 18, 16,14,12 ga , xt60 connectors and a large assortment of bullets ! Now to my question I have read 100's of post and articles on motors and I think that I'm gonna get the mt/2216 tiger motor , i read about outing 28 but I just can't find enough to warrant it . I guess what I need to know is a little input on motor prop combo for this quad ??? Also MT vs. MS MOTORS ? What is the best for the naza ? I am willing to spend up to 60 - 70 bucks
Also what do I go with 4 s or 3s??? 9"or 10" please help I would really like to get off this boat to a good starting point , all I want to do with it for now is fly in some circles , hahaha
If I can fly that wild a$$ kk2 I can fly anything , so please guys chime in and let me know what ya think?
My wife is sending me pics ill post them when I get them
One more thing why is it that people talk so much &$&@ about dji? I mean you had to start this thread with ten post stating that it's for owners only, no mess
Isn't that strange?
T-motors work great. I've had good luck with them on my planes. "MT" is the higher end. They cost more, look better, and has better construction. "MS" is the economy version. Lower cost and thats about it. From my experience the MT motors seem to be slightly better balance than the MS. But that could just be . For 4s I've seem guys run the 10in prop with the T-motors in the 450. Much better performance if you plan on carrying extra weight. There's also other motors out there with the same performance, but more affordable.
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:12 AM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
You don't have to stop sharing just because you printed the manual out too small...
We're used to questions like yours, so hit us again if you need help...
Lol ok I went for the maiden flight tonight out in the parking lot and all of a sudden my hex just shot up and never came back down! so my question is how do I get it back? Haha jk jk. The maiden went great. The Naza is just too easy to fly. I had the remote gains set on the knobs and I had them cranked max to 200% for the roll and pitch. Does this sound normal? It flew so locked in! It was just sitting there in one spot in atti mode for over 15mins. And I still had 3.9v per cell after flight. I am never going to use my multiwii boards ever again lol.

I notice the GPS would lock in went I plug in the battery, but after a minute the Naza seems to loose it. I'll try a different location tomorrow to see if it helps
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:13 AM
ehx
Northern Minnesota
Joined Oct 2001
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend View Post
Does the DJI GPS have WAAS correction (I assume not, but don't know)?

If not, then the GPS fix is liable to drift with time, especially soon after satellite lock. This is common to all GPSs. The longer it's on the better the fix is (usually, this depends on the software filters they use).
A standard Ublox module is used by DJI. You can see it here:
http://rc-gadgets.net/?p=26

It outputs Ublox binary messages SOL, SVINFO, STATUS, POSLLH, DOP, VELNED, and TIMEUTC at a 4 Hz rate.

Yes, SBAS (Space-Based Augmentation Systems) are used meaning WAAS, EGNOS, etc. are enabled. In the center of North America I get PRNs 135 and 138 (WAAS sats).

As for a position fix getting continuously better with time, that's not really true for a rotorcraft autopilot, WAAS or no WAAS. Many GPS chipsets do have a velocity based filter which will put the receiver into averaging mode when it senses a speed less than a given value like 1.0 meters/sec. If you truly aren't moving then this may result in a slightly more accurate position over time. It really depends on the exact implementation, but for any autopilot that can hover you turn this feature off - or you get into a lot of trouble .

All that said, any "toilet-bowl" symptoms are almost for sure going to be compass-related problems.
ehx is offline Find More Posts by ehx
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:37 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Dec 2012
303 Posts
I live in Australia, does that mean I should turn it anticlockwise? (serious)

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez View Post
does this really make a difference? i have been rotating counter clockwise on the calibration and mine seems to work fine.
thegeek is offline Find More Posts by thegeek
Old Jan 04, 2013, 01:58 AM
Joined Dec 2012
303 Posts
Red Lights

I hope this is the right place to ask this?. After my inaugural flight (HT-FPV) in which I successfully tested all 3 modes (following a successful calibration), I landed to change batts. Plugged it in, got the usual green/orange connection sequence, followed by 4 green flashes, but it then shifts to a continuously flashing red light. It's not voltage as it will fly in manual just fine with the flashing red lights. It will not allow itself to take off in atti or atto/gps whilst the LED is flashing red. So it could be a calibration error (although why it won't fly in atti sort of dilutes that theory). Problem is, when the light is flashing red it seems resistant to entering calibration setup mode (solid yellow) in order that I might try that to fix it. Just can't get in there :/

If anybody can suggest what to check, or workarounds for entering calibration mode? I'm still in the progress of checking all the connectors, but it's looking snug all around so far.

TIA

J
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:17 AM
Joined Dec 2012
303 Posts
I should add, I seem to have lost my Naza USB cable, so I'm unable to use the wizard - I'm told certain cell phone USB connectors will fit the MC micro female dohicky. I can get one of those quickly, gotta wait for the original part.

J

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeek View Post
I hope this is the right place to ask this?. After my inaugural flight (HT-FPV) in which I successfully tested all 3 modes (following a successful calibration), I landed to change batts. Plugged it in, got the usual green/orange connection sequence, followed by 4 green flashes, but it then shifts to a continuously flashing red light. It's not voltage as it will fly in manual just fine with the flashing red lights. It will not allow itself to take off in atti or atto/gps whilst the LED is flashing red. So it could be a calibration error (although why it won't fly in atti sort of dilutes that theory). Problem is, when the light is flashing red it seems resistant to entering calibration setup mode (solid yellow) in order that I might try that to fix it. Just can't get in there :/

If anybody can suggest what to check, or workarounds for entering calibration mode? I'm still in the progress of checking all the connectors, but it's looking snug all around so far.

TIA

J
Old Jan 04, 2013, 03:27 AM
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Napier
Joined Jun 2011
263 Posts
Quote:
I live in Australia, does that mean I should turn it anticlockwise? (serious)

J
In NZ I calibrated as per manual and it worked fine.
helidex is offline Find More Posts by helidex
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:01 AM
Joined Dec 2012
303 Posts
No sweat, I can't even recall which way I spun it and it worked

Quote:
Originally Posted by helidex View Post
In NZ I calibrated as per manual and it worked fine.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:35 AM
NJ
Joined Oct 2007
531 Posts
Quote:
Does it do that in atti mode, or just gps mode?
Quote:
Nice.
Did you resolve your yaw issue (not rotating about the center of the machine)?
Kallend I want to tell you how much I appreciate you following up with this

I tried yawing 360 degrees in both Atti and GPS modes and neither seems to rotate exactly centered on the ship. Kind of rules out "tricking" my X+Y coordinates I think.

I beleive it also yaws in a bigger circle in one direction than the other. Nothing too crazy like maybe 1-1/2 to 2 times the diameter of the quad.

In the grand scheme this is a very minor issue for me but if there's a way to correct it, it would be nice especially for when I've got the GoPro running. Thanks again.
Stan
FixedWing172 is offline Find More Posts by FixedWing172
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:30 AM
NJ
Joined Oct 2007
531 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25 View Post
there's been some issues with "sunlight" creating similar problems. Go back a few pages and you'll see that some have solved this by putting electrical tape on the side of the FC to fix it. I don't know that this is your problem but, worth looking at!
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnc06 View Post
I'll try that too .. i really doubt that was it but it won't hurt... it was very erratic behavior and i was still in the shadows when it started..
Daniel I realize this post goes back a ways but I didn't see any follow up. Did you try the tape and if so what were your results?
FixedWing172 is offline Find More Posts by FixedWing172
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:21 AM
Joined Apr 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
No sweat, I can't even recall which way I spun it and it worked
Yeah, I'm in Aus and spin different directions all the time. It's like the flippin' Sound of Music. Thing still calibrates just dandy. Touching on the other calibration points being made, sometimes I forget to calibrate at the beginning of every new session. The bird often doesn't fly as snugly first up if I don't do it. But it catches up, somehow. It's like it calibrates itself in the early minutes of flight, in some way. Some magical, mystical way. I am not science.
BrundleFly is offline Find More Posts by BrundleFly
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:22 AM
Joined Apr 2011
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
On top of everything, DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR TRANSMITTER WITH A CRAFT IN THE AIR! EVER!
Okay, hands up who has never turned off their Tx to test RTH? Suddenly I'm feeling extra-irresponsibler than usual. Also, MC, here's a bit of my newbie peeking out... You mentioned using a second switch in the mix to create a go-home toggle. Can you do this while still using X2 or X3 (in assistant) for other things (gains, gimbal)? The biblically confusing 8TFGS manual certainly puts the F in RTFM.

Seriously though, I'd like to do a little survey. Have you - yes you, NAZA *owner* - ever turned off your transmitter to do an RTH?
BrundleFly is offline Find More Posts by BrundleFly
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:14 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,996 Posts
Green = Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diazapamjam View Post
Well I had seen them , I see them on eBay next to the junk I have now so I just figured the same plus the ones at ebbuddy are green and the other ones I saw are black , soni take it the Angela are the low class ones and the others are ok? I won't lie I saw t motor on warthox and they look pretty bad a$$ so I jut figured you know , but I also rea that they were almost the same as sunnysky , this is just so confusing sometimes lol
The green Sunnysky motors are very good quality.
I think the Angel motors are their economy class...
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor