I Did It For Him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
haha, especially in the house.

What, no RTFM MC? You're getting soft.
As his advocate, I replied tactfully...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: If You Don't See It Here...
Old Jan 03, 2013, 04:58 PM
United States, CA
Joined Nov 2010
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02deuce View Post
FixWing try setting your gains to factory recommended:
150 150 100 105 150 150
If possible post a pic of your F450.
Are you running and FPV electronics?
Double check that you rotated clockwise when doing your calibration and that you were holding your 450 on the right vertical plane.
Are you saying that when you apply Yaw it rotates with a toilet bowl effect?
does this really make a difference? i have been rotating counter clockwise on the calibration and mine seems to work fine.
yosemitez is offline Find More Posts by yosemitez
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Eagle Tree Vector & QAV400
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:08 PM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Jun 2004
2,003 Posts
Thanks guys. I had the manual printed out 4 pages to a sheet and didn't notice the red wording in the diagram. It's small and I was barely able to see the 5th tip(not to mention the red wordings blended in with the blue coloring). That's what I get for being cheap with ink haha

Oh I did have one of the switches for fail safe. I just wanted to try with the radio off just in case I get a I get a different out come for some reason. I know better than to turn off a radio, but sense I like to be safe and triple check everything just in case.

Thanks for the help guys. This will be my last question
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:31 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,723 Posts
Don't Run Off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
Thanks guys. I had the manual printed out 4 pages to a sheet and didn't notice the red wording in the diagram. It's small and I was barely able to see the 5th tip(not to mention the red wordings blended in with the blue coloring). That's what I get for being cheap with ink haha

Oh I did have one of the switches for fail safe. I just wanted to try with the radio off just in case I get a I get a different out come for some reason. I know better than to turn off a radio, but sense I like to be safe and triple check everything just in case.

You don't have to stop sharing just because you printed the manual out too small...
We're used to questions like yours, so hit us again if you need help...
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:34 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS View Post
hey all of us keep coming back here because we have questions, otherwise there would be no point to these forums no question is too silly (well... ok some are )
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:35 PM
Anything can be made to fly
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Brondby
Joined Jun 2011
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
hey all of us keep coming back here because we have questions, otherwise there would be no point to these forums
Amen to that .
echo75 is offline Find More Posts by echo75
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:37 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,723 Posts
I Ain't Touching That One...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitez View Post
does this really make a difference? i have been rotating counter clockwise on the calibration and mine seems to work fine.
There is a direction indicated in the Naza Manual, but that's the first time I ever heard anyone say it mattered...
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 05:48 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Joined Nov 2012
2,951 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
There is a direction indicated in the Naza Manual, but that's the first time I ever heard anyone say it mattered...
i happen to know i did it the opposite way, and it made no difference
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:05 PM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
Hey guys got a few questions , I'm still fresh in my learning but can fly a bit I currently am flying a x525 with a kk2 and some cheapo Chinese esc and motors , but I am not very pleased with how generic everything feels and acts so I decided to spend a little money and am piecing a good aircraft together . I really like the dji stuff , even though it seams to spark serious emotions in some of the patrons here on the web, e.g. Tc and quite a few others . With all that aside I still think that they have really nice parts and such . What set this off is I had one day off for New Years and I wanted to fly so bad and no matter what I did it this damn thing just gave road blocks one after another , so I said never against I'm gonna buy so thing with quality ! That led me to a f450 , HK30 a simonk flashed Ecs, and a naza m.
Which two of three I recieved today in the mail ,(my wife sent pics) I also bought noodle wire 18, 16,14,12 ga , xt60 connectors and a large assortment of bullets ! Now to my question I have read 100's of post and articles on motors and I think that I'm gonna get the mt/2216 tiger motor , i read about outing 28 but I just can't find enough to warrant it . I guess what I need to know is a little input on motor prop combo for this quad ??? Also MT vs. MS MOTORS ? What is the best for the naza ? I am willing to spend up to 60 - 70 bucks
Also what do I go with 4 s or 3s??? 9"or 10" please help I would really like to get off this boat to a good starting point , all I want to do with it for now is fly in some circles , hahaha
If I can fly that wild a$$ kk2 I can fly anything , so please guys chime in and let me know what ya think?
My wife is sending me pics ill post them when I get them
One more thing why is it that people talk so much &$&@ about dji? I mean you had to start this thread with ten post stating that it's for owners only, no mess
Isn't that strange?
Diazapamjam is offline Find More Posts by Diazapamjam
Last edited by Diazapamjam; Jan 03, 2013 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Added info
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:08 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,723 Posts
@Diazapamjam

I won't attempt to answer your motor questions because I am not familiar with the tiger motors.
As far as your final question....
Bear in mind that most posters are here due to problems.
If your Naza is working, you're flying.
That being said, every now and then you'll see a poster sharing his success.
Everyone else here is not really too happy with DJI at the time of the post.
Then, there are us fools who post regardless...
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:10 PM
NJ
Joined Oct 2007
507 Posts
I just flew my DJI 450 for the first time yesterday. The only multi experience I had prior to this was a custom built Octo with a UAVX controller. I cannot say enough nice things about the DJI Naza right now. I am very impressed with it.
FixedWing172 is online now Find More Posts by FixedWing172
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:17 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,723 Posts
I Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedWing172 View Post
I just flew my DJI 450 for the first time yesterday. The only multi experience I had prior to this was a custom built Octo with a UAVX controller. I cannot say enough nice things about the DJI Naza right now. I am very impressed with it.
+1
When a Naza is setup correctly and performing properly, I've seen National Guard drones pilots do a double-take...
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:20 PM
Bayou Boy
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Nov 2012
458 Posts
Well look I would just get dji motors and props an esc but that just seams like nonsense , a special prop? Keyed I don't want to be held back like that , if your not familiar with tiger what is a good balanced powerful motor
Diazapamjam is offline Find More Posts by Diazapamjam
Old Jan 03, 2013, 08:25 PM
DJI and Empire Support
Joined Feb 2009
4,723 Posts
I'll catch it for this, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diazapamjam View Post
Well look I would just get dji motors and props an esc but that just seams like nonsense , a special prop? Keyed I don't want to be held back like that , if your not familiar with tiger what is a good balanced powerful motor
I don't like having to ream out most of a prop hub to use most props on DJI motors either...
My F550 has Sunnysky motors on it.
They accept a conventional prop and are almost exactly DJI otherwise, except for a little more power.
When we first heard of Sunnysky (check out EPBuddy.com) many of us thought they were a joke.
Turns out Dr Kiwi (resident RCG motor tester) was very impressed with them...
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Jan 03, 2013 at 08:31 PM.