HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:36 PM
Habitual Line Stepper
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriwaky View Post
Here you have my last video with Spidex from Quaternium. Itīs just a little piece of a 2012 compilation. I hope you enjoy like me when I flew it.

https://vimeo.com/54326810
Nice! what mode were you flying in along that path?

Here's some footage from my weekend. It was my first time above the clouds (fog). No way I would've attempted that without the naza gps being locked in. The first part of the video is naza, can you guess which fc the rest was filmed with?

In the Fog (3 min 40 sec)
Cervanchez is online now Find More Posts by Cervanchez
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:50 AM
geekrawker
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Aug 2011
221 Posts
Subscribed
geekrawker is offline Find More Posts by geekrawker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCAP - Spring 2014 Aerial Reel
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:27 AM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
237 Posts
Thanks Bobthenuke and Cervanchez!

Was a lot of funny flying this video. I use to fly in manual mode for lower and fast fly-byes, And for high shoots I relax using the gps mode.

See you
moriwaky is online now Find More Posts by moriwaky
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:30 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
Nice! what mode were you flying in along that path?

Here's some footage from my weekend. It was my first time above the clouds (fog). No way I would've attempted that without the naza gps being locked in. The first part of the video is naza, can you guess which fc the rest was filmed with?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeXL6GREoss&feature=plcp
Prob not the smartest thing posting a video of you flying around up in FAA airspace. Might want to do some more editing of the OSD footage and I would advise you to stay below 400ft.... regardless of how pretty it is up there.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:33 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,417 Posts
Maybe the rules are different in Spain.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:36 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Maybe the rules are different in Spain.
United States, CA, Orange
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Prob not the smartest thing posting a video of you flying around up in FAA airspace. Might want to do some more editing of the OSD footage and I would advise you to stay below 400ft.... regardless of how pretty it is up there.
I usually do keep below 400 ft, this was actually the first time that high and I just bareley went to the edge of the fog for less than 30 seconds. I am not within 5 miles of any airport and I highly doubt any aircraft would be flying that low. I think the FAA has bigger worries with countless other videos of people going higher and flying over things they shouldn't, then going after me for being 100 ft over the limit.

BTW, the max altitude regulation is 400 ft AGL, how do you know that wasn't ASL reading?

and actually, according to the AMA
"Model aircraft flown using FPV must remain at or below 400 feet AGL when within 3
miles of an airport as specified in the AMA Safety Code."
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/R...OCT-8-2012.pdf

Since I'm not within 3 miles of an airport, I think I'm within regulation.

Thanks for the concern though.
Last edited by Cervanchez; Nov 27, 2012 at 09:07 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:16 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Regardless I stay below 400ft because the big boys are told to stay above 400ft. I can't count how many times I have seen Cessnas and small helicopters flying right around that 400ft altitude near my home. I was FPVing up 200ft when I heard a helicopter from the ground, I turned my hexa and saw a fullsize helicopter only 50-100ft higher (honestly hard to judge) less than me 1/2 mile away. It really freaked me out. I know for a fact it was below the 400ft we attempt to stay below.

Sure the chances of an impact at that altitude is small, but in fog and not so perfect conditions it reduces your visibility as well as the fullsize pilots visibility. One fullsize to RC impact in the next year or two and the FAA is going to restrict the hell out of us in the upcoming legislation. It's a safe bet to say they are monitoring YouTube to see what people are doing with RC aircraft.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:32 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Joined Dec 2011
698 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
Regardless I stay below 400ft because the big boys are told to stay above 400ft. I can't count how many times I have seen Cessnas and small helicopters flying right around that 400ft altitude near my home. I was FPVing up 200ft when I heard a helicopter from the ground, I turned my hexa and saw a fullsize helicopter only 50-100ft higher (honestly hard to judge) less than me 1/2 mile away. It really freaked me out. I know for a fact it was below the 400ft we attempt to stay below.

Sure the chances of an impact at that altitude is small, but in fog and not so perfect conditions it reduces your visibility as well as the fullsize pilots visibility. One fullsize to RC impact in the next year or two and the FAA is going to restrict the hell out of us in the upcoming legislation. It's a safe bet to say they are monitoring YouTube to see what people are doing with RC aircraft.
Point taken, and like I said I try my best to abide by the rules, I just couldn't resist as the fog was so low, then when I saw the sky within reach I pushed it a little. I'm always listening for aircraft as I have also seen low flying helis by my house. This park however is away from that location, and so far after a few weekends of flying there havent seen our heard any there. All this was taken into account before attempting this and I don't have any desire to do it again. Maybe ill just edit that part out.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,443 Posts
Faa

"One fullsize to RC impact in the next year or two and the FAA is going to restrict the hell out of us in the upcoming legislation. It's a safe bet to say they are monitoring YouTube to see what people are doing with RC aircraft."
I'm glad someone else is paranoid about the FAA. I, personally, think they are watching us closely. But every time I say it, someone jumps on my back...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Faa
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:17 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I get it too, doesn't matter. If people think that the FAA and legislators don't know about youtube and think they won't use the videos against us then they are just kidding themselves. The people wanting MORE regulations will show the reckless videos as evidence proving their point.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Hi all, sorry to be away but I've been too busy rebuilding my SW and now my F550. I just did a new way to hold my GoPro. Please need some advices to see if this is going to work.
Thanks,
Mauro
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:43 AM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,371 Posts
Altitude hold question

The manual states that center throttle position is for 0m/s along the vertical direction. What happens if the aircraft requires over 50% throttle to hover and you slowly lower the throttle? Does the motors rpm decrease (aircraft descending) until 50% throttle is reached and then maintain altitude?
Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:47 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans View Post
The manual states that center throttle position is for 0m/s along the vertical direction. What happens if the aircraft requires over 50% throttle to hover and you slowly lower the throttle? Does the motors rpm decrease (aircraft descending) until 50% throttle is reached and then maintain altitude?
As far as I know you don't really have to be 50% on throtle, you can be close to it, around 40% to 60%, if this still not it, try to lower or raise some subtrims in your tx and then it will solve this. Also if you are in heli mode, you can manage your throtle curve to solve this.
Hope it helps.

Mauro
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:52 AM
I never finish anyth
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauromassari View Post
As far as I know you don't really have to be 50% on throtle, you can be close to it, around 40% to 60%, if this still not it, try to lower or raise some subtrims in your tx and then it will solve this. Also if you are in heli mode, you can manage your throtle curve to solve this.
Hope it helps.

Mauro
Plz no trims... Naza HATES trims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Evans View Post
I am not positive I understand the question. Regardless of what the aircraft needs to hover in Manual mode, it will hover at 50% in ATTI mode. Example: 60% throttle = hover in Manual, 50% will = hover in ATTI