HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:32 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
I forgot to mention the biggest issue I had.... the Gimbal and camera acting as a sail. Regardless of which way I wanted to face, the wind would turn me facing the trees.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:41 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,786 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash8384 View Post
omg a fbl controller for helis. where? when? how much? i must have a few !!!!

or is it a fbl ctlr ?
FlyBarless or FlyBar. Check some the videos on the Vimeo and YouTube. Flys well for 3D too. Hobby version of the WKH. My guess is sometime before Christmas. It will be killer if they price it the same as the Naza M. I look at the WKH and it is priced about $150 above the WKM. I don't know if it is because of low demand for the WKH or the components/programming. I haven't seen an update in the software since I bought the WKH a year and a half ago. Maybe when they produce the Zen for GoPro.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:49 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Wind Profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
I forgot to mention the biggest issue I had.... the Gimbal and camera acting as a sail. Regardless of which way I wanted to face, the wind would turn me facing the trees.
My quad is a camera ship. The camera, gimbal, and pool noodle leg extensions make my vertical and horizontal profiles almost equal. Being able to deal with that much wind resistance is impressive (to me), and that just notches up my enjoyment of windy flight...

A visitor to the field said my quad looks like an airborne oil drilling platform...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 08, 2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:35 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
I wanted to try flying high but with over $2k in video equipment on board it wasn't worth the risk. It's the reason I want a FPV Quad setup.
+1. I feel the exactly the same way. While I am pretty new to FPV I am already comfortable enough to head out over the forest with my hex, but have avoided doing so because of the investiment I could lose with some strange malfunction. At least if I go down over the field I can salvage the pieces.

I am going to convert my quad to a low budget FPV and maybe try getting out a little further.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:38 PM
You Enjoy Myself
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Problem with NAZA Assistant and TX/GPS Mode

DJI F450, NAZA/GPS, DEVO-10

I'm having a problem with my TX and GPS mode. Somehow I got things out of whack. More input on that can be found here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1750401

But maybe somebody can just review the video below and let me know what I need to do? Complete and total noob here!

Devo-10 Problem and NAZA Assisant (0 min 25 sec)

Here's what's going on in the video.

1. GPS Mode is selected on my FMOD switch
2. Lower right corner shows "failsafe"
3. As throttle indicator moves to the right, "failsafe" in lower right corner changes to "GPS Attitude"...but no Blue indicator in Control Mode Switch area.
4. As throttle indicator moves farther to the right, the blue GPS indicator lights up.

I'm I beginner who fell into this hobby a few months ago when I had very little on my plate(work from home) and a lot of free time. Now I've been busy for the past month, and every since this "screw up" happened a few weeks ago, I haven't had much time to look into it - though I have exhausted my own efforts.

It looks like I just have to fix some setting somewhere(no idea what, no idea where), so my GPS mode is properly set.

My quad goes into fail safe when my it gets off the ground in GPS mode.

How do I fix this??

Thank you for any help!
cwg25 is offline Find More Posts by cwg25
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:44 PM
Redneck Injuneer
Bradenton, Florida
Joined Aug 2007
6,502 Posts
Looking at the video it would appear that you have somehow activated a mix in your transmitter that is affecting the channel for your ATTI and GPS channel. I see it's kicking into GPS mode at low and full throttle with failsafe activated anywhere in between.
bill34207 is online now Find More Posts by bill34207
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 12 o'clock high 2014
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:44 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
@ cwg25

I'm not familiar with your transmitter at all.
My suggestion is to look at the clues you have.
When you move the throttle stick, it affects your FM selection.
When you switch your FM switch, it affects your throttle.
There is a channel mix working somewhere.
Study up in your transmitter manual about mixes.
Also, look at how you have the FM channel programmed.
Are you using Acro or Heli programming?
If you are using Heli, there's a pitch channel tied to your throttle with an automatic mix in your transmitter.
If you have FM on the same channel, it could be causing your problem.
There's info on my blog about programming Naza in Heli mode, FWIW.
As a newbie, I know that I'm hitting you with a lot of terms that might not make sense.
To be able to follow my logic, get familiar with that transmitter and its manual...

Since Walkera primarily makes helis, there's a good chance your transmitter defaults to heli programming. It's got a lot of features like any 10 Ch transmitter would, so you need to do some homework...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 08, 2012 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Looked at Devo - 10 manual
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:46 PM
You Enjoy Myself
United States, NC, New Bern
Joined Jul 2012
77 Posts
Thanks, Bill and TJ!

Mix. Ok.

And yes, I don't understand it, but I will take a look at the manual.

I didn't even setup my TX so I'm completely clueless there too.

Always willing to hear more input. But at least I have something to work with now!

And I do have it programmed in Heli mode. I'll check out your blog too.
cwg25 is offline Find More Posts by cwg25
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:51 PM
FPV ADDICT
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jan 2011
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
What gimbal u using? Pics of your setup?
Wirewolf903 is offline Find More Posts by Wirewolf903
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:24 AM
Joined Jul 2011
68 Posts
Hi all! I was wondering about osd. I got a naza hocked up on a mikrokopter hexa XL frame.
And i want to put the feytech ap177 osd that got laying around in my hobbyrom.
I was just wondering if i can use the ap177 osd without the fy-21ap controllcard?
Can i plug the gps direct in to the data port on ap177?

Mvh stein
stein3247 is offline Find More Posts by stein3247
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:45 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,902 Posts
A shot of my DJI450 doing some video at a 4x4 comp i entered on the weekend!

Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:52 AM
multi rotors,foamies,car lover
Joined Dec 2008
1,462 Posts
So i post also here, to see if some one can help me about this issue
my set up is FrSky D8R-II + stock 9x tx I just read a fews tread and the issue is not resolved and i don't want to try to fly the quad , i am very disapointed about this system already if I don't find the problem this week end monday this kit will be on sell for sure thanks everyone
windfou is offline Find More Posts by windfou
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,462 Posts
ok my frustation is gone sorry guys but sometime you wake up at morning the day start the wrong side so i hope i can get hepl about this issue thanks and keep my brand new naza
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:00 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,488 Posts
Safety Update

Most of you saw the warning I posted a few pages ago about doing a firmware upgrade and having the motors all spool up unexpectedly. Well I wrote a fairly detailed letter in engineer speak to DJI about this being a design issue. I illustrated a warning in the manual will not prevent injury when unintended machine start-up occurs and that at the very least the warnings should be in the update (Assistant) software. They have responded twice on this issue. First they sincerely apologized and let me know they would look into this and get back in 24 hours. It took 23 hours. Here is their latest response:

"Dear Mark

We had distinct warnings in manual and release note both.
Page 6 no.5 of manual said: " 5. Disconnect ESCs and battery or remove all propellers during configuration and system setup! "
Page 1 of release note said: "  For safety reason, do not use power battery during firmware upgrade. "

We understand your intention: make the product safer and more friendly. That's our goal always as well. We'll optimize Assitant software, at the very least, before selecting "Upgrade" the software should tell customer in huge red letters "DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS ALL PROPELLORS ARE DISCONNECTED".

My colleague in USA will call you on your ealiest convenience.

Best Regards
DJI Innovations"

I'm pretty pleased with their response so far as these things don't always go this way.

...Stay tuned and keep it safe - mark
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Nov 09, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
Most of you saw the warning I posted a few pages ago about doing a firmware upgrade and having the motors all spool up unexpectedly. Well I wrote a fairly detailed letter in engineer speak to DJI about this being a design issue. I illustrated a warning in the manual will not prevent injury when unintended machine start-up occurs and that at the very least the warnings should be in the update (Assistant) software. They have responded twice on this issue. First they sincerely apologized and let me know they would look into this and get back in 24 hours. It took 23 hours. Here is their latest response:

"Dear Mark

We had distinct warnings in manual and release note both.
Page 6 no.5 of manual said: " 5. Disconnect ESCs and battery or remove all propellers during configuration and system setup! "
Page 1 of release note said: "  For safety reason, do not use power battery during firmware upgrade. "

We understand your intention: make the product safer and more friendly. That's our goal always as well. We'll optimize Assitant software, at the very least, before selecting "Upgrade" the software should tell customer in huge red letters "DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS ALL PROPELLORS ARE DISCONNECTED".

My colleague in USA will call you on your ealiest convenience.

Best Regards
DJI Innovations"

I'm pretty pleased with their response so far as these things don't always go this way.

...Stay tuned and keep it safe - mark
I wish they can resolved the ppm issue