HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
So you have AUX 2 going to U on Naza, and have Flap (IOC) going to X2 in Nasa? And carefully checked and made sure that those servo wires are actually correctly plugged into the correct pins and not somehow miss plugged in either in the RX or Naza?

Have you tried taking outdoors and see if you get a blinking green to signify sat lock which would tell you if you GPS was working?
Yes, U is correctly connected to AUX2, X1 correctly connected to GEAR, X2 Correctly connected to FLAP. Confirmed visually and via TX-Cali.

In TX- Cali I can successfully change between GPS/ATT/MAN

Outside I have the radio on and in Manual Mode. When I power up I get the rapid cycle of colors followed by 4 green flashes. I allow the unit to sit for approx 1 minute. I checked motor arming, full throttle then dis-arming (props off) Once I change to ATT I get slow orange flashes. When i change to GPS i continue to get slow orange flashes, back to ATT still slow orange flashes, man mode no flashes. Motors can be armed, run up and disarmed.
Phroz is offline Find More Posts by Phroz
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:28 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Cervanchez's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
Yes, U is correctly connected to AUX2, X1 correctly connected to GEAR, X2 Correctly connected to FLAP. Confirmed visually and via TX-Cali.

In TX- Cali I can successfully change between GPS/ATT/MAN

Outside I have the radio on and in Manual Mode. When I power up I get the rapid cycle of colors followed by 4 green flashes. I allow the unit to sit for approx 1 minute. I checked motor arming, full throttle then dis-arming (props off) Once I change to ATT I get slow orange flashes. When i change to GPS i continue to get slow orange flashes, back to ATT still slow orange flashes, man mode no flashes. Motors can be armed, run up and disarmed.
Sounds like your GPS isn't working. You should get green flashes when in gps mode (along with 0-3 red ones)
Cervanchez is offline Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
Sounds like your GPS isn't working. You should get green flashes when in gps mode (along with 0-3 red ones)
I'm guessing so.
Phroz is offline Find More Posts by Phroz
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:40 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Cervanchez's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
696 Posts
Have you crashed or dropped it? I think you said you're just setting up so probably not, but you can open it up and see if any thing looks bad. Mine was cracked in a crash but had no visible damage from the outside. See my post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5562

But if it's brand new, I would send it back for warranty replacement.
Cervanchez is offline Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:46 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2009
42 Posts
Brand new and handled with care. Never flown, crashed or dropped (well who knows what the shipping guys did with it, but i did receive it packaged well, and sealed)

Its brand new so I don't want to open it, guess its going back for warranty. Lets just hope the customer service reflects the price tag.

Thank you all for your help and patients. I hope I can pass this on if I see another in the same situation.

P.
Phroz is offline Find More Posts by Phroz
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:42 AM
FPV junkie
m_beeson's Avatar
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,315 Posts
That's a real bummer.

You said that they aren't responding to your e-mails, maybe the vendor will treat you better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
Brand new and handled with care. Never flown, crashed or dropped (well who knows what the shipping guys did with it, but i did receive it packaged well, and sealed)

Its brand new so I don't want to open it, guess its going back for warranty. Lets just hope the customer service reflects the price tag.

Thank you all for your help and patients. I hope I can pass this on if I see another in the same situation.

P.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:48 AM
Habitual Line Stepper
Cervanchez's Avatar
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Dec 2011
696 Posts
BTW I had no luck directly contacting DJI either. It sounds like people are having the best luck going back through their dealer, although i think U2builder got responses from them.
Cervanchez is offline Find More Posts by Cervanchez
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 11:56 AM
DJI and Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,195 Posts
Check Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroz View Post
Yes, U is correctly connected to AUX2, X1 correctly connected to GEAR, X2 Correctly connected to FLAP. Confirmed visually and via TX-Cali.

In TX- Cali I can successfully change between GPS/ATT/MAN

Outside I have the radio on and in Manual Mode. When I power up I get the rapid cycle of colors followed by 4 green flashes. I allow the unit to sit for approx 1 minute. I checked motor arming, full throttle then dis-arming (props off) Once I change to ATT I get slow orange flashes. When i change to GPS i continue to get slow orange flashes, back to ATT still slow orange flashes, man mode no flashes. Motors can be armed, run up and disarmed.
Before you give up and call your dealer (as many are concluding you must do):
Unplug everything on the back of the FC and plug them back in again.
Be sure that you have all the connectors plugged in all the way.
Sometimes it's hard to tell and the fit of the plugs is tight...
The boot on the GPS plug makes it hard to tell if it's in all the way also.
You might try the same on your receiver..

As far as shipping damage:
DJI stuff is pretty tough.
Based on the crashes I've put mine through, a dropped package shouldn't be a concern.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 05, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 12:00 PM
Registered User
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
Phroz,
I had a (somewhat similar) situation on a new NAZA/GPS unit. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on. For me, it was sub-trims not zeroed out and I had 2 channels on the radio reversed. So, double check that your radio has all sub-trims (and exponentials) at zero and no channels reversed on the radio. (your can reverse the channels if necessary in the assistant.)
MADHAT01 is offline Find More Posts by MADHAT01
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:16 PM
Registered User
ralfrcgroups's Avatar
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
Unplug everything on the back of the FC and plug them back in again.
Be sure that you have all the connectors plugged in all the way.
Good idea - I once had the problem, that I indeed had plugged in the cables in the NAZA but by doing so had bent one of the pins, so that it wasn't connected.

@Phroz
You haven't mentioned in your profil were you're from - maybe you can add that and somebody suddely will be close to your place and you have a chance to switch GPS for a test.
ralfrcgroups is offline Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:07 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,267 Posts
Hi guys, I posted in the other thread but thought I'd let you guys know that it looks like I got my problems solved... I put black gaffer's tape on my Naza and test-flew it the other day when the sun was low in the sky. I flew both left and right figure-8 patterns and had no drops or rises in altitude. Everything appears to be hunky-dory.

Now to play with the gains. Thanks again everyone for the suggestions and support!
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I gots me a Goblin!
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:35 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2005
193 Posts
What kind of tape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Then View Post
Hi guys, I posted in the other thread but thought I'd let you guys know that it looks like I got my problems solved... I put black gaffer's tape on my Naza and test-flew it the other day when the sun was low in the sky. I flew both left and right figure-8 patterns and had no drops or rises in altitude. Everything appears to be hunky-dory.

Now to play with the gains. Thanks again everyone for the suggestions and support!
capman231 is offline Find More Posts by capman231
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:48 PM
Relax, have a Cub
mewert's Avatar
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
923 Posts
I wonder why Dji can't manufacture the FC case in black plastic to fix this issue.........
mewert is offline Find More Posts by mewert
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:04 PM
DJI and Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,195 Posts
Bumblebee = Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert View Post
I wonder why Dji can't manufacture the FC case in black plastic to fix this issue.........
Look at this knock-off.
http://www.omgfly.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=725

All I really know about the FC is some posters have had trouble with it...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Nov 05, 2012 at 04:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 05, 2012, 04:07 PM
DJI and Empire Support
T J Gilbert's Avatar
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,195 Posts
Gaffer's Tape

Quote:
Originally Posted by capman231 View Post
What kind of tape?
I thinks it's just another one of Duct Tape's many names...
It's supposed to have a better adhesive that leaves no residue.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product GAUI 500x/ GU-INS GPS Owners Thread - Tips, Problems And Experiences sap_2000 Multirotor Talk 219 Nov 16, 2013 05:12 AM
Discussion HoverFly Owners Thread: Pro, GPS, Sport, Gimbal and news Adidas4275 Multirotor Talk 195 Sep 06, 2012 04:45 PM
Found DJI NAZA GPS Upgrade Module for the DJI Naza Flight Controller skyhulk Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 20, 2012 08:47 PM
Question Question for Spektrum DX8/HF GPS owners Wayno Complaino Hoverfly Technologies 13 Jan 01, 2012 01:18 PM
Discussion Gps owner videos jginsandiego Hoverfly Technologies 0 Oct 04, 2011 05:01 PM