HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:49 AM
Joined Dec 2009
42 Posts
Hey guys, for some reason these options are unavailable. I can not actuate them or adjust them, I want to use X2 (Flap on my JR DSX9) and it works fine in the TX Cali but i can't even check the box for IOC here. I'm not using a gimble and I can't see X2 having been assigned to anything else. The GPS/Compass is plugged in.. got me beat.
Phroz is offline Find More Posts by Phroz
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:58 AM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
My guess from what I have read is also that Naza may have trouble transitioning quickly from FFF. Perhaps the unsymmetrical type or platform aggravates things, but it is hard to say.

I have several instances of strange behavior where mine went back and down, some of which have resulted in crashes. While I don't know what caused any of them, I think it is possible that poor GPS signal may have been the problem. Where I live sometimes I don't get all the satellites due to the steep hills. I think it is not good to fly in GPS mode unless you have a full signal. You mentioned you had GPS lock but was it a steady green?

That's all that I can think of.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:02 AM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,264 Posts
Phroz,

Make sure that your NAZA has the latest firmware v2.02. You need the correct firmware and the GPS plugged in to enable that section of the Assistant v1.8.

Good luck!
Greg Covey is offline Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:07 AM
Joined Dec 2009
42 Posts
Hi Greg, thanks for the reply. I can confirm I am running FW2.02 and software V1.8 with GPS unit plugged in.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 10:59 AM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,264 Posts
Phroz,

Try setting your Control Mode Switch to GPS Atti mode. Note that the receiver must be live with the transmitter. This should enable the Enhanced Fail-Safe Methods section.
Greg Covey is offline Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:13 AM
Joined Sep 2012
8 Posts
If you lost the radio then it would just go into fail-safe, or whatever you have set for that. So these symptoms don't match that at all.

If the battery shifted... well that wouldn't be good, but you'd not I think get erratic flight from that.

I don't think the mild asymmetry there has anything to do with it - the Naza doesn't know what the shape of the frame is: it has 4 motors, that's it.

GPS mode... I'm suspicious of GPS mode behaviour when signal is interrupted and then regained. I suspect I have two crashes caused by that, and they look a bit like this - the thing tilts over, goes crazy and crashes when it suddenly regains GPS. This could be that, but then you have a good signal and no trees, so probably not.

You could also lower throttle to zero (in GPS or Atti) - that make it straight and level (you lose stick-authority with zero throttle), but that's what RTH (failsafe) should do. But your failsafe is knackered... which suggests that the issue is either the controller or the motors or the connection between them.

The only time I have had anything like this was bad connections between stock motors and stock speed-controllers.

--
My main gripe about GPS/Atti modes is that they have limiters on the tilt of the machine. It seems like you either have to have manual (lots of stick input required to hold things steady), or restrictions on how hard you can tilt the thing over. I don't really want to have to work at just keeping the thing steady, but I'd like to be able to crash it hard into stuff if I want... I think I need a GPS mode with "sport" setting.
phil_w is offline Find More Posts by phil_w
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Hey, btw did you manage sort this problem out? Funny, cauz i got the EXACTLY same problem after a crash.my naza doesn t see the compass anymore, just on atti mode or manual, horizontal calibration goes well but on vertical just fast red blinkings, no good. It used to work ok before. I got in touch with dji support and they said that could be a defective gps, I dont wanna get the whole set again, maybe the gps only
Regards
glayconluiz@yahoo.com
Glaycon is offline Find More Posts by Glaycon
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:57 PM
USA, CA, Pollock Pines
Joined Jan 2011
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaycon View Post
Hey, btw did you manage sort this problem out? Funny, cauz i got the EXACTLY same problem after a crash.my naza doesn t see the compass anymore, just on atti mode or manual, horizontal calibration goes well but on vertical just fast red blinkings, no good. It used to work ok before. I got in touch with dji support and they said that could be a defective gps, I dont wanna get the whole set again, maybe the gps only
Regards
glayconluiz@yahoo.com
A few months ago I had a crash and GPS would not work anymore (GPS unit never touched the ground, not a mark on it), Robert over at UAVproducts switched it out under warranty. Put the new GPS unit on and still had the same problem (only Atti and manual) modes worked. I bought a new NAZA FC and put the GPS on it and all was fine so it looks like something in my old Naza FC broke and would not recognize the GPS unit.

So now I have 2 Naza's, the old one w/Atti/ Man mode only and the new one.

If you somehow can try someone else's GPS unit on your FC 1st to determine if GPS or FC is broke, it may save you some time and frustration.

-Don
bendicks is offline Find More Posts by bendicks
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:17 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,718 Posts
Hi guys, anyone had used before metal dome with Naza? will it be good or bad concerning radio interferences & Gps? like this stainless bowl cost me only $1.99 and weight around 60g.
thanks,
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Nov 04, 2012, 02:57 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
My hex was a lot more quirky with graupners, than it is with slow flyer props.
This is interesting. I just ordered some Graups. What kind of "quirky"? Quirky if you are flying fast and furious, or quirky even with "conservative" handling with no really quick transitions? Quirky as in really strange behavior that resulted in a crash?
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:21 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Just as a caveat, I believe there was a bug in IOC in the previous firmware. Twice in mid-flight my quad got the control directions scrambled - left/right suddenly made it move forward/backward instead, and vice-versa. This was after about 5 or 6 minutes of continuous flight in IOC (with it being fine up to that point).

I *think* this has been fixed in the current firmware ... I couldn't reproduce it in a quick test I did, although I haven't used IOC in anger since the upgrade.
Mine did the same thing. All controls were bas ackwards..... i asked this question several times then just went back to old fw.. problem solved.
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:49 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash8384 View Post
Mine did the same thing. All controls were bas ackwards..... i asked this question several times then just went back to old fw.. problem solved.
Which firmware? Mine did it with the first GPS release (2.01).
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:47 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,441 Posts
Warning!

This has been mentioned before but I am bringing it up again as it JUST happened to me.

DO NOT TEST OR OTHERWISE CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM SETTINGS IN NAZA ASSISTANT WITH THE PROPS ATTACHED!!

What just happened? I just downloaded the latest Naza 1.8 software and when I fired it all up, the software asked to update the FW to the latest 2.2 package. I said OK and clicked "UPDATE". I then got a message box telling what the latest changes are and asking if I want to proceed. I said "OK" and immediately

**** ALL 4 MOTORS WENT FULL SPEED ****

This lasted for about 2 seconds and no, I did not have props on, but if I had...

I think this is a serious and extremely dangerous bug with no warning from Naza assistant. At the very least, when selecting "Upgrade" the software should tell you in huge red letters "DO NOT PROCEED UNLESS ALL PROPELLORS ARE DISCONNECTED".

Really though, this just shouldn't be possible.

That is all, back to your regular programing and please be carefull out there.
mark
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Dec 2009
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Covey View Post
Phroz,

Try setting your Control Mode Switch to GPS Atti mode. Note that the receiver must be live with the transmitter. This should enable the Enhanced Fail-Safe Methods section.
Hi Greg, yes i tried that. I'm considering the possibility of this unit being faulty. Its brand new and this is the first install.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 09:16 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Mar 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phil_w View Post
--
My main gripe about GPS/Atti modes is that they have limiters on the tilt of the machine. It seems like you either have to have manual (lots of stick input required to hold things steady), or restrictions on how hard you can tilt the thing over. I don't really want to have to work at just keeping the thing steady, but I'd like to be able to crash it hard into stuff if I want... I think I need a GPS mode with "sport" setting.
I second that idea......Hello DJI, are you listening.
MADHAT01 is offline Find More Posts by MADHAT01