HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
Since we're on page 373 and I'm sure someone may have covered this already, I'll just ask. I have no clue how to mix channels on a futaba 8FG. I want to use the same 3 position switch for the GPS/Atti Atti and Manual but want to mix the 2 position spring loaded switch to enable failsafe and don't know how to do it. Also, how do you set up the TX loss of signal fail safe to automatically set the FC into failsafe so it will return to home if it loses TX signal?
AAzerosix is offline Find More Posts by AAzerosix
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:27 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAzerosix View Post
No, I was making adjustments to the gains and and GPS position settings. Took it outside to try the new settings, brought it back in to adjust. TX on, USB plugged in, then plugged in the battery....nothing out of the ordinary. When I opened the DJI assistant, I noticed that there was a new software and firmware download. After downloading the software, it asked me if I wanted to upgrade the firmare. I clicked "ok" Then it happened. Full throttle. Didn't touch anything. Then get a message on the PC to power cylce the FC. 4 busted blades and nearly a ruined pair of skivies later, I'm all upgraded.
Good to know. Built in safeties appear to have flaws.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:07 PM
Happy Days
United Kingdom, High Wycombe
Joined Mar 2001
4,270 Posts
I'm sure this has been asked and I do try to keep up with this thread but life is busy.
Question is where do I plug the PPM into? is it X1?
mudlark is offline Find More Posts by mudlark
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:50 PM
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
Agreed. I figure when the new firmware installed, it momentarily defaulted all the settings before re-instating the user settings. If I remember correctly the default setting for the throttle is "normal". So, since it's actually reversed, and even though the throttle stick is in the down position, it's reversed on the radio soooo.....down position equals full out. What I don't get is why that happened without doing the left and right stick combination movements to actually engage the drive.
AAzerosix is offline Find More Posts by AAzerosix
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:24 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
843 Posts
ok after updated firmware in course lock it all is now bass ackwards? what gives? home lock is good
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:10 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash8384 View Post
ok after updated firmware in course lock it all is now bass ackwards? what gives? home lock is good
Did you re-calibrate?
mark_q is online now Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:17 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
843 Posts
Yup sure did. Went thru the asistant all way thru and compas calabration. As well
All is good but course lock everything is backwRds
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Jun 2012
3 Posts
Naza-M PPM Receiver Compatibility Notice

1. The proven compatible PPM tested by DJI:
FRSKY TFRSP: http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=80
FRSKY TFR4: http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=95
Basically, Naza-M is compatible to mainstream PPM specifications (see item 2 below).
Those TF Series (also called CPPM) from FRSKY are within this specification, hence compatible to Naza-M controller.

However, 2.4GHz Two Way Series (e.g. D4R-II) is different from TF Series:
Refer to the features with highlighted notice: http://www.frsky-rc.com/ShowProducts.asp?id=119;
As feedback from FRSKY call center, they are on the progress of upgrade to narrow the difference.
Thus there could have incompatibility issue with Naza CURRENTLY.

2. Main Stream PPM Range and Naza supportable PPM Range
Name: PPM.jpg
Views: 92
Size: 19.1 KB
Description: PPM Signal Range
Mainstream PPM Signal Range
period: 22500us
Sync pulse:[6500,14500]us
channel signal: [1000,2000]us, center:1500us,
channel number: normal 8-channel

Naza-M Supportable PPM Signal Range:
period: base on the sync pulse and channel number
Sync pulse:[4000,18000]us
channel signal: [1000,2000]us, center:1500us
channel number: max 10 channel, if more than 10 channel, only use the first 10 channel;

3. Symptom of Naza-M & PPM Incompatibility
Generally 2 sorts of symptom:
(1). Completely Incompatible: Naza-M cannot recognize PPM Rx, cannot set up communication
(2). Partially Compatible with Dead-Zone: e.g. D4R-II; symptom could be random communication loss, stick command abnormity, random dropping into fail-safe, etc.

4. Statement
Currently PPM Receiver Signal Range is defined by various radio manufactures separately; some of them follows mainstream signal range, but some not.
Hence NOT ALL PPM receivers are Naza-M supportable.
You may check the datasheet of your PPM Rx, referring to Item 2 above to have a preliminary judgement.
Any confusion or consultant, feel free to feedback via: support@dji-innovations.com
FlyingTristann is offline Find More Posts by FlyingTristann
Old Oct 15, 2012, 04:02 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
Double flash simply indicates that not all TX controls are centred.
Which they obviously aren't once attempting lift off.....
jetstuff is offline Find More Posts by jetstuff
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:54 AM
SOUTH WALES UK
Joined Sep 2010
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAzerosix View Post
Upgraded to the latest software/firmare. Recommend removing props as mine went full throttle into my couch. If the front would have been pointed toward me, today would have gone in a much different direction. Thankfully, the front was pointed away from me and the only casualties were all 4 props.
Hi
I agree you should always remove props,. but its a pain to do,we are human, so sometimes we are forgetful / lazy / distracted etc so why not power the FC separately.I spend most of my time playing with large IC engines so I have a healthy respect for spinning props.In many ways electric can be more dangerous than IC, at least it won't suddenly burst into life.I power the FC from the balance plug, there is no power going to the ESCs until the main leads are connected.It's a good idea to remove the ground and red leads from the ESCs.,leaving only the signal lead.
tangle is offline Find More Posts by tangle
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:12 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,839 Posts
When I work on my helis, I always disconnect the leads to the motor. Better safe than sliced.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:26 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangle View Post
Hi
I agree you should always remove props,. but its a pain to do,we are human, so sometimes we are forgetful / lazy / distracted etc so why not power the FC separately.I spend most of my time playing with large IC engines so I have a healthy respect for spinning props.In many ways electric can be more dangerous than IC, at least it won't suddenly burst into life.I power the FC from the balance plug, there is no power going to the ESCs until the main leads are connected.It's a good idea to remove the ground and red leads from the ESCs.,leaving only the signal lead.
That's a great idea tangle....... please elaborate regarding removing the ESC leads though?
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:28 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
When I work on my helis, I always disconnect the leads to the motor. Better safe than sliced.
Hmmmmm.. but that's (at least) a dozen leads on a multirotor.......
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:53 AM
SOUTH WALES UK
Joined Sep 2010
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetstuff View Post
That's a great idea tangle....... please elaborate regarding removing the ESC leads though?
Hi
I dont think it matters much about the red ,!I dont think it is connected to anything in the NAZA but if the ground is connected it is possible that you could try to fly with the main ground unplugged so it would be pulling 20 odd amps through the balance lead so you wouldn't get very high ! This only applies if using separate banana plugs where it is possible to connect each main lead separately .
Cheers Tim
tangle is offline Find More Posts by tangle
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:00 AM
The Netherlands, ZH, Gorinchem
Joined Nov 2009
52 Posts
I have some trouble with the remote gain adjusts.
Have selected the basic gain Pitch and Roll to X1 (my channel 7 knob) and Atti gain to X2 (my channel 8 knob).
See this pic from my Graupner MX-16 HOTT.

Name: MX-16.png
Views: 57
Size: 78.6 KB
Description:

In Assistant the gains work perfectly.
They travel from about 100 to 225 exactly like I tuned the channels.
So, no problem here.

But ... during flight, when I change the gains, I don't exacly see any difference in performance, no matter is there is no or much wind.

Q: Does someone has similar experiences with the remote gain adjusts ?
I will make a short vid later.
Thanks for you input.

Btw, the Manual / Atti / GPS / Fail Safe / RTH settings work flawlessly ..
Graupner Hott MX-16 + DJI NAZA + GPS (0 min 21 sec)
burg911 is offline Find More Posts by burg911