HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:36 AM
Joined Mar 2009
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervanchez View Post
Here's the inside of mine.

Update on my gps: I got a new one and this time I'm trying the flush mount. So far tests are promising. Testing in my backyard, I got full lock even with it right next to my Contour cam. That is without my AV Tx plugged in. When I plug that in it drops to 1 red blink, 1 green, which is pretty much what I got before with the stalk mount. Hopefully today I'll be able to test in an open area. I'm hoping I don't have to do any shielding or use ferrite chokes or any of that. With this same setup and the gps mounted on the stalk, I never had a problem getting full lock.
Thanks.. It's too bad that the cable is epoxy'ed, but it appears the PC is clad on both sides, and that where the bond really needs to be.
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 06:27 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
451 Posts
Double blinks?

Just noticed that I quickly get single green LED (GPS) flashing as usual after powering up....then when motors start I get double green blinks.....didn't notice on the old Quad....is it OK/normal?
jetstuff is offline Find More Posts by jetstuff
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:33 AM
Joined Mar 2009
2,517 Posts
danielnc06

don't know if you saw this video.

this guy has the same altitude hold problem with his NAZA, you had. Watch at the end, when it bounces up and down off the ground!
He even holds his Tx in front of the camera (like you did ) to show he isn't touching the sticks. And it's a cloudy day

Problem 2 modo Atti DJI naza (2 min 23 sec)
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Last edited by 320pilot; Oct 14, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:43 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
451 Posts
I only get the double flash when motors run...not before.....think that's OK?

quote ........In AttiMode, after power on and before any motors start,
jetstuff is offline Find More Posts by jetstuff
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Mar 2009
2,517 Posts
jetstuff,
ok I thought that line in the NAZA manual was describing what you had..
320pilot is offline Find More Posts by 320pilot
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:53 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,949 Posts
Double flash simply indicates that not all TX controls are centred.
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320pilot View Post
danielnc06

don't know if you saw this video.

this guy has the same altitude hold problem with his NAZA, you had. Watch at the end, when it bounces up and down off the ground!
He even holds his Tx in front of the camera (like you did ) to show he isn't touching the sticks. And it's a cloudy day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SBRv...eature=related
Thanks 320,

that was very similar... only i guess with gps lock mine wasnt wandering about...for whatever reason, mine is not doing it anymore but its scary that it randomly popped up.. and i follow a fairly similar startup procedure in that exact location there are not too many variables that could have changed.. i will wait until DJI says some thing... maybe i can get it replaced... otherwise idk if i trust it as much...

Is this pilot on rcgroups?.
danielnc06 is offline Find More Posts by danielnc06
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
United States, TX, Dickinson
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
Upgraded to the latest software/firmare. Recommend removing props as mine went full throttle into my couch. If the front would have been pointed toward me, today would have gone in a much different direction. Thankfully, the front was pointed away from me and the only casualties were all 4 props.
AAzerosix is offline Find More Posts by AAzerosix
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:39 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAzerosix View Post
Upgraded to the latest software/firmare. Recommend removing props as mine went full throttle into my couch. If the front would have been pointed toward me, today would have gone in a much different direction. Thankfully, the front was pointed away from me and the only casualties were all 4 props.
ha ha ha , i did mine last night and my dumb a55 knew better and well lets just say graupners will cut you really bad, ive been flying for 32 years and i knew better but i did it anyways, yea that wont happen again, i have a 2" chunk of meat out of my arm, im still bleading and should go to the e.r. but what are they gonna do? theres meat missing AND NOTHING LEFT TO STITCH UP ! lol , lesson learned,

REMOVE YOUR PROPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by crash8384; Oct 14, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:41 PM
Seattle, WA - USA
Joined Sep 2003
3,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash8384 View Post
REMOVE YOUR PROPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
(+1)
Everyone, say it together!!!
mark_q is offline Find More Posts by mark_q
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Zeta FX-61 Phantom FPV Wing
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:42 PM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_q View Post
(+1)
Everyone, say it together!!!
yes please remove your props
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:07 PM
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
I'm pretty new to multirotor flying. I believed that if the vu was connected to the PC, it wouldn't power the motors....was I wrong! Live and learn I guess. One of those moments that reminds you that this "toy" can take your face off.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:17 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined May 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielnc06 View Post
Thanks 320,

that was very similar... only i guess with gps lock mine wasnt wandering about...for whatever reason, mine is not doing it anymore but its scary that it randomly popped up.. and i follow a fairly similar startup procedure in that exact location there are not too many variables that could have changed.. i will wait until DJI says some thing... maybe i can get it replaced... otherwise idk if i trust it as much...

Is this pilot on rcgroups?.
well i was naive to think it just disappered... just flew it again and after about 2-3 minutes of hover.. the bounce returned....it makes it simply unflyable in atti or gps mode!... to any troubleshooter it seems just like a vertical gain issue.. but no values make a difference..!
danielnc06 is offline Find More Posts by danielnc06
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:38 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAzerosix View Post
I'm pretty new to multirotor flying. I believed that if the vu was connected to the PC, it wouldn't power the motors....was I wrong! Live and learn I guess. One of those moments that reminds you that this "toy" can take your face off.
So I am confused here. What actually happened.

When you actually plug it to fly it you turn on the TX, plug it in, and then do the CSC.

Indoors if you turn on the TX, and plug it in it shouldn't start the motors even if the throttle is not a zero without CSC. The next step is to plug in the USB. Is that when the motors started and went to full throttle?

While the advice to remove the props is very good advice, I think it is important to know what caused it to go to full throttle in each case.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Oct 14, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Jul 2012
30 Posts
No, I was making adjustments to the gains and and GPS position settings. Took it outside to try the new settings, brought it back in to adjust. TX on, USB plugged in, then plugged in the battery....nothing out of the ordinary. When I opened the DJI assistant, I noticed that there was a new software and firmware download. After downloading the software, it asked me if I wanted to upgrade the firmare. I clicked "ok" Then it happened. Full throttle. Didn't touch anything. Then get a message on the PC to power cylce the FC. 4 busted blades and nearly a ruined pair of skivies later, I'm all upgraded.