HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2012, 12:40 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Agree Don. The complete wing setup is sooo much cheaper than a quad. Now you'll have the best of both worlds. If you have trouble setting up the eagle tree screen give me a shout. Either email like we do or skype, yahoo chat or phone.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:01 PM
FPV by mrhydrox
Danmark, Sjślland, Jyderup
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
failsafe on my f550 with futaba 6 ex

Hi

Can I setup failsafe on my naza with my futaba 6 ex. My radio has failsafe on throttle.

I use channel 5 as switchmode between GPS and attimode, and channel 6 as orientation control

I think that I maybe can set channel 5, so I can switch between GPS and failsafe, or maybe GPS and Atti and when I turn off the radio, it goes on failsafe.

I will use the hexacopter ass a FPV platform, so I will like If failsafe is working.

I have heard that I have to set throttle at 50% when I setup failsafe, is it right???

Peder
Mrhydrox is offline Find More Posts by Mrhydrox
Last edited by Mrhydrox; Oct 03, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 02:42 PM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhydrox View Post
I have heard that I have to set throttle at 50% when I setup failsafe, is it right???
It's in the manual - anything over 10% is fine, so 50% will be OK.
Bill Glover is online now Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Oct 03, 2012, 03:07 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,995 Posts
Check Naza FC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhydrox View Post
Hi

Can I setup failsafe on my naza with my futaba 6 ex. My radio has failsafe on throttle.

I use channel 5 as switchmode between GPS and attimode, and channel 6 as orientation control

I think that I maybe can set channel 5, so I can switch between GPS and failsafe, or maybe GPS and Atti and when I turn off the radio, it goes on failsafe.

I will use the hexacopter ass a FPV platform, so I will like If failsafe is working.

Peder
We have a similar conversation going on over on the other thread...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=14623
Maybe it will help...
Try to avoid using transmitter = off to trigger Failsafe...
Does the Futaba 6Ch support a preset or zero throttle Failsafe for transmitter off? (Just wondering...)
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Oct 03, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:32 PM
I hate waiting for parts
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Apr 2001
6,961 Posts
Guys thanks again for the responses. The video that was linked was extremely informative and helpful. It explained more in the first three minutes than I've gotten from the Chinglish manual after reading it cover-cover several times. And the fact that the author of the video sounded a lot like Wilford Brimley, I was put at ease and a calm washed over me.

But seriously, I was thinking "why would I ever use use the IOC function" but I can see how they could come in very handy, especially if you lose orientation. I may never use it, but you best believe it's gonna be set up on a switch.

Now I'm excited... gotta install that GPS!
Mike_Then is offline Find More Posts by Mike_Then
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Thank you, veterans
Old Oct 03, 2012, 04:32 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert View Post
My new F550 was acting the same way until I re-soldered ALL the bullet connectors on the motor wires. I also put just a slight amount of solder on the back of the splines that spin on the bullet. If you get too much in there, it makes reconnecting very hard for the slip-in fit. This curred my twitching. Certainly worth the effort.
I did the same, except instead of soldering on the splines I soldered the tip of the bullet to the cage so the cage cold not rotate and is now electrically connected to the center part that the wire goes into. You definitely have to be careful not to use too much solder or bullet will be very hard to put in. Do this first, then resolder wire into bullet. If done in reverse order you could actually make the wire bullet connection worse! Ask me how I know! BTW I found several motor wires that seemed to be nice and tight, but when I removed the wires they appeared not to have been "tinned" and were possibly not bonded to the solder in the connector. This might explain why it worked for a while but then started to fail as oxidation developed around the wire. Just a theory.
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Oct 03, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined Nov 2000
11,926 Posts
Well I maidened my new 2.1 kg F550 today - no drama, no issues, the recommended gain settings from the new manual seem a very good starting point (despite the higher AUW and the fact that I'm using 3S & 10" props). Nice solid GPS lock - in fact I got > 6 sats in my lounge!

As with the quad I had before I took a lot of care to keep everything separated as best I could. The big centre plates of the 550 are a help in this respect.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:05 PM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
I did the same, except instead of soldering on the splines I soldered the tip of the bullet to the cage so the cage cold not rotate and is now electrically connected to the center part that the wire goes into. You definitely have to be careful not to use too much solder or bullet will be very hard to put in. Do this first, then resolder wire into bullet. If done in reverse order you could actually make the wire bullet connection worse! Ask me how I know! BTW I found several motor wires that seemed to be nice and tight, but when I removed the wires they appeared not to have been "tinned" and were possibly not bonded to the solder in the connector. This might explain why it worked for a while but then started to fail as oxidation developed around the wire. Just a theory.
I think your theory is spot on, as I noticed the same situation with the wires.
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert
Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Nov 2000
11,926 Posts
Couple of pics of my F550. The domes are cosmetic ... just cover the battery ... but they only weigh 20 grams each. Bet it's the only 550 in the world that uses balsa, ply, and beechwood (gee what are they, grandpa?)

Old Oct 03, 2012, 06:59 PM
United States, WI, Burlington
Joined Jan 2005
67 Posts
IOC Not Always Engaged

I have IOC setup with a 3-way switch. It works fine, most of the time. I use Course Lock quite often, as I am still "in training".

I sometimes have to flip the switch from off to course lock a few times to get it to work. Is there a procedure to follow prior to take-off to engage IOC?

Thanks to anyone.
DeltaPopper is offline Find More Posts by DeltaPopper
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:06 PM
USA, NH, Alstead
Joined Oct 2007
4,977 Posts
Quote:
Bet it's the only 550 in the world that uses balsa, ply, and beechwood (gee what are they, grandpa?)
Yeah, for a 550 maybe, but talk about wood

http://onlyflyingmachines.com/product/the-widowmaker/
u2builder is offline Find More Posts by u2builder
Old Oct 03, 2012, 07:36 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,995 Posts
David Bott's Builder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2builder View Post
Yeah, for a 550 maybe, but talk about wood

http://onlyflyingmachines.com/product/the-widowmaker/
We've seen that guy before...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:04 PM
Waiting for my Medication
USA, MA, West Springfield
Joined Nov 2010
1,163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T J Gilbert View Post
We've seen that guy before...
Ahhhh yess Mr. Ali.. Entertaining reviews.
seadog1967 is offline Find More Posts by seadog1967
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:45 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2005
1,089 Posts
LOL

I am a big fan of the BlueSkyRC Multirotor frames.
They are made from 1/8 lite ply.

www.blueskyrc.com

I am using carbon arms but many use bass wood arms.

I recently mounted my Gopro onto the front used some dense foam that was the packaging from my KK2 controller and there is no jello effect or visible vibes in the picture at all!

I am a fimr believer that the wood frame helsp to absorb the vibrations from the Motor/Prop
(i also balanced my props)

I am working on a 1/8 lite ply 2axis camer gimbal at themoment as it is cheap to get laser cut and easy to assemble and should be pretty lite.

cheers

Ben
wazzer is offline Find More Posts by wazzer
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:10 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,216 Posts
Hi, Has anyone tried upgrading old v1.2 firmware straight to the latest v2.02 without ended up with a dead NAZA? Can I bypass the other versions of firmware which was released in between the v1.2 and v2.02? thanks.
I already installed the latest Assistant software on my computer but still afraid to click the firmware upgrade button.
No intention to install the GPS module anytime soon but I just wanna take advantage of the 400hz gimbal output.
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d