Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:18 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
What is your plan if the breaks on your car fails one second before you're about to go into an intersection filled with children?
Yeah.... children riding small farm animals. Poor Timmy always wanted that pont and you killed it with your recklessness.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:18 PM
Relax, have a Cub
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
957 Posts
MCrites, are you not concerned with your own safety, while flying inside that metal building full of dangerous machinery? What if you loose your signal or a prop or two and run into yourself or do some property damage. Maybe even hit some small farm animals hiding out in there. I cringe at the thought of it.
mewert is offline Find More Posts by mewert
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:23 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewert View Post
MCrites, are you not concerned with your own safety, while flying inside that metal building full of dangerous machinery? What if you loose your signal or a prop or two and run into yourself or do some property damage. Maybe even hit some small farm animals hiding out in there. I cringe at the thought of it.
I'd aim for the baby pigs... I love me some bacon. Tender tender bacon.

And if I damage the 2inch steel or 40ton cranes then DJI does a fine job on their frames.
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:45 PM
Joined Jun 2012
36 Posts
failsafe not working in manual

Just flew my hexacopter for the first time yesterday. Tested GPS, ATT and manual mode using 3-position flight sw with success. Course and Homelock worked beautifully which really helps when losing orientation. Finally tested Failsafe in GPS & ATT mode with great success, a little nervous at first!! Also tested Preset failsafe and passed. The only thing that I didn't try was Failsafe in Manual mode. During software calibrating, while in manual mode I could not trip Failsafe on the software. Can anyone help me out to tweek this? Will post photos soon. VERY pleased with Naza & GPS so far.
xquad is offline Find More Posts by xquad
Old Sep 10, 2012, 08:28 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,531 Posts
More Information Needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquad View Post
Just flew my hexacopter for the first time yesterday. Tested GPS, ATT and manual mode using 3-position flight sw with success. Course and Homelock worked beautifully which really helps when losing orientation. Finally tested Failsafe in GPS & ATT mode with great success, a little nervous at first!! Also tested Preset failsafe and passed. The only thing that I didn't try was Failsafe in Manual mode. During software calibrating, while in manual mode I could not trip Failsafe on the software. Can anyone help me out to tweek this? Will post photos soon. VERY pleased with Naza & GPS so far.
Explain how you are accomplishing your "switched" Failsafe. (With a mix, I presume?)
Also, does you transmitter support multi-point mixes?
Or does it just have standard mixes?
T J Gilbert is online now Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Sep 10, 2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Added transmitter question
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:54 PM
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Sep 2012
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
I'd try lowering your ATTI gains... if it gets worse after lowering it twice, raise it higher than it is now. If it doesn't change you need to recheck your COG (yes, center of gravity)

I see you currently can't adjust gains inflight... what TX are you using?
Let me try it after i got a spare prop,

yes i can adjust it inflight, i just disabled it after i clean my TX, just incase my quad are not flying in full gains
WonderKing is offline Find More Posts by WonderKing
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:05 PM
Fly Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
Central California USA
Joined Feb 2011
379 Posts
Compass mounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camerajumper View Post
Hey,
Just mount a spilt choke on your gps cable right near the gps and you should get better sat lock.
The reason for the separation is that the compass can see magnetic flux lines from current flowing through wiring to the ESC's. When throttling at higher amps this magnetic interference upsets the compass if close by. The manuf distance is very adequate. Regarding the GPS rcvr and how it listens we are using radio frequency. Interference can be introduced by the line connections. If I have a noisy component I isolate it with a torroid at its neck hoping to Choke off signals. If there is a rcvr involved also a choke (torroid) is used as close to it as possible. Using shielding can work as long as the shield is not resonate to the interference. It can become a attractive antenna.
Reading another post regarding a LC filter used for video interference. It is correct and simpler to use a separate battery to isolate interference. Some LC filtering can get large and heavy to do its design job.
EarthOrbiter is offline Find More Posts by EarthOrbiter
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:33 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,790 Posts
In the software when i do my TX calibration if i hit my gear (failsafe) switch, it goes into failsafe from either ATTI or GPS, but in manual the little arrow calibration indicator doesnt go to a highlighted blue failsafe area but in the bottom right corner where the software says what mode im in, it says failsafe. It also says failsafe if i turn off the transmitter so i guess im right to say that in manual mode whilst flying, if i do need to rescue my butt quickly, then my usual failsafe switch is going to work?
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:41 PM
Just a yard bird
Las Vegas Nv.
Joined Mar 2007
1,826 Posts
[QUOTE=Teamsherman;22699734]In the software when i do my TX calibration if i hit my gear (failsafe) switch, it goes into failsafe from either ATTI or GPS, but in manual the little arrow calibration indicator doesnt go to a highlighted blue failsafe area but in the bottom right corner where the software says what mode im in, it says failsafe. It also says failsafe if i turn off the transmitter so i guess im right to say that in manual mode whilst flying, if i do need to rescue my butt quickly, then my usual failsafe switch is going to work?[/QUOT

Thats is something alot of us want answered. Its a shot in the dark.
kd4wen is offline Find More Posts by kd4wen
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:42 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
In the software when i do my TX calibration if i hit my gear (failsafe) switch, it goes into failsafe from either ATTI or GPS, but in manual the little arrow calibration indicator doesnt go to a highlighted blue failsafe area but in the bottom right corner where the software says what mode im in, it says failsafe. It also says failsafe if i turn off the transmitter so i guess im right to say that in manual mode whilst flying, if i do need to rescue my butt quickly, then my usual failsafe switch is going to work?
Teamsherman, I seems that you are ok with failsafe. Don't be worried about the failsafe in Manual. There is not enough room for that small area to turn blue. How much do you fly in Manual anyway?
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Mar 2009
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
I didn't even consider this... not did I notice any. My Futaba 8FGS was perfect feeling but then again I wouldn't notice 5-10% of the frames.

Yeah I am just going to LOS it. I figured i'd be able to maneuver in the tight spaces and line up shots a lot better in first person... but it's not an option. For light purposes I think I will be going back at night next time with the doors closed. Less wind and fan turbulence.
There are digital video options, but COFDM transmitters and encoders will run you ~$30k, and take anything from a big Octo, to an AS-350 Astar or 206 to carry it. Dunno whats in the hobbiest market with this stuff. It's what we fly at work
SCVJeff is offline Find More Posts by SCVJeff
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:02 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
How much do you fly in Manual anyway?
Yep, good point. Pretty much never!! And if i am, its only cause im showing off the rate the thing climbs in manual (which is like a damn rocket!!!) but soon as im about to lose sight/orientation i flick the switch straight back to ATTI or GPS whichever my panicking fingers get to first!! LOL
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:21 AM
United States, CO, Silverthorne
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Curious on why my naza drifts forward constantly. Not sure if the ICU needs calibration or if I need to push the battery way back but the quad always wants to drift forward and drift a little side to side (I can live with that).
TZZDC1241 is offline Find More Posts by TZZDC1241
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Jul 2011
68 Posts
Testing naza with fatshark

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=eQSMh61IQGw
stein3247 is offline Find More Posts by stein3247
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:46 AM
Joined Mar 2009
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stein3247 View Post