Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:27 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeydoo View Post
See im not the only one with this issue.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1683264
It's great that you are using the threads in RCG to help figure out your problem.
Hopefully, the members you've found that have your problem in common can help you out.
We want your craft to fly well, and don't have a stake in how you make it do that.
Keep trying...

Most of us have Naza mounted under a top frame plate for protection.
I guess that includes protection from sunlight.
This cause of abnormal behavior is just as reasonable as suspecting loose connections, vibration, wire routing, etc. Do you suspect the problem to be heat or UV rays? Let us know your findings...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Aug 20, 2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Came up with better comment
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:59 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
Determining my center of gravity is probably a centimeter or two more forward than the actual center of the craft:

The soda bottle has a bit of a rounded top to it making it pretty good for balancing the quad on.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:13 AM
United Kingdom, Norwich
Joined Jun 2004
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredouille View Post
the naza is up at 19 cm from gravity center on some plates and moving a little bit.. I could but it on 1 of the arms to prevent any movements but i don't think those small moves could create a 10 m circle !!
I think you are asking a bit much of the Naza if you have managed to mount it so far from the CofG..... 19cm?! it's a miracle that it can fly at all.........

john
jetstuff is offline Find More Posts by jetstuff
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Sep 2011
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superek4 View Post
can naza system work with hobbywing skywalker quattro 20amp esc?
Yes it works with the esc's. I have a x525 v3 with the naza and works well
rivan01 is offline Find More Posts by rivan01
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:18 AM
Australia, NSW, Randwick
Joined Aug 2004
137 Posts
any help appreciated on how to solve naza drifting to the right in atti mode on a tbs discovery quad. it flies fine in manual and can even hold a steady hover. what could be wrong? everything is balanced.
sutan is offline Find More Posts by sutan
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:32 AM
Joined Jan 2006
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sutan View Post
any help appreciated on how to solve naza drifting to the right in atti mode on a tbs discovery quad. it flies fine in manual and can even hold a steady hover. what could be wrong? everything is balanced.
shimming to the right would solve it. also what are your gain settings?
mandis is offline Find More Posts by mandis
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:21 AM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedfish View Post
Determining my center of gravity is probably a centimeter or two more forward than the actual center of the craft:

The soda bottle has a bit of a rounded top to it making it pretty good for balancing the quad on.
Nice ideia, will do that to see how is mine. Thanks.

Mauro
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:02 PM
United States, NJ, Fair Lawn
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Dedfish,
protect your GoPro lens from scratches. It's a costly repair and sometimes impossible to do if not very handy.

Get this one:
http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...roducts_id=817

and replacement lenses:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ement_Kit.html

or use the waterproof case it came with.
pajonate is offline Find More Posts by pajonate
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:02 PM
United States, NH, Barrington
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Anyone have any suggestions on adjusting gains to get rid of a slight twitch....I have tried from 150 all the way down to 90 on roll and pitch and still can't get the 550 into a solid flight. Am using 10 inch graupner props and X468 camera mount/landing gear with gopro. Everything else DJI stock. Twitch does seem more pronounced at higher gains - but didn't know if I should keep cranking gains down below 90? Anyone else using a similar setup? If so, what are your gain settings? My current settings are P- 90, R-90, Y-120, V-130 Thanks.
Socratic is offline Find More Posts by Socratic
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:05 PM
Brasil, CE, Fortaleza
Joined Jun 2011
1,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic View Post
Anyone have any suggestions on adjusting gains to get rid of a slight twitch....I have tried from 150 all the way down to 90 on roll and pitch and still can't get the 550 into a solid flight. Am using 10 inch graupner props and X468 camera mount/landing gear with gopro. Everything else DJI stock. Twitch does seem more pronounced at higher gains - but didn't know if I should keep cranking gains down below 90? Anyone else using a similar setup? If so, what are your gain settings? My current settings are P- 90, R-90, Y-120, V-130 Thanks.
Try to lower you V to 100, it helped me.

Mauro
mauromassari is offline Find More Posts by mauromassari
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:06 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Aug 2011
73 Posts
Here's a short video of my first test flight after installing the GPS module on my F450. All in all, very impressed with performance. Sat acquisition is < 20 seconds and holds position very well right out of the box. I could probably get my CoG settings a tad more accurate but I think this will suffice for now based on my level of experience with multirotors.

I'm nervous about my first RTH test. I believe that I have fail safe settings configured correctly on the Naza and my Aurora 9 (mixed a 2-pos switch with the 3-pos switch that operates GPS ATTI - ATTI - Manual to activate fail safe).

A couple of questions...I have my throttle position set at 50% in fail safe mode. Is this appropriate or should I change to get the correct performance for RTH? Also, should experience an issue during RTH, which mode should I switch back to in order to regain control of the quad? I've read through a lot of this thread and have seen some conflicting information on both of these topics.

Any other advice suggestions before I make the blind leap into RTH would be greatly appreciated.

Dji f450 naza gps position hold (1 min 11 sec)
labcopilot is offline Find More Posts by labcopilot
Last edited by labcopilot; Aug 21, 2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:09 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Apr 2012
336 Posts
The recommendation is more than 10% and less than 50%. Mine is set for 40%. Theoretically the FC should be adjusting your throttle as long as it still has GPS lock and knows where it's returning to home.
dedfish is offline Find More Posts by dedfish
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
5,017 Posts
Clearing RTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by labcopilot View Post
Here's a short video of my first test flight after installing the GPS module on my F450. All in all, very impressed with performance. Sat acquisition is < 20 seconds and holds position very well right out of the box. I could probably get my CoG settings a tad more accurate but I think this will suffice for now based on my level of experience with multirotors.

I'm nervous about my first RTH test. I believe that I have fail safe settings configured correctly on the Naza and my Aurora 9 (mixed a 2-pos switch with the 3-pos switch that operates GPS ATTI - ATTI - Manual to activate fail safe).

A couple of questions...I have my throttle position set at 50% in fail safe mode. Is this appropriate or should I change to get the correct performance for RTH? Also, should experience an issue during RTH, which mode should I switch back to in order to regain control of the quad? I've read through a lot of this thread and have seen some conflicting information on both of these topics.

Any other advice suggestions before I make the blind leap into RTH would be greatly appreciated.

http://youtu.be/ZTYHEqmm9Og?hd=1
Switch Failsafe off.
Cycle FM switch (GPS to Atti -or- Atti to GPS) and you should regain control.
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:23 PM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic View Post
Twitch in the craft or twitch in video?
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Aug 21, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, NH, Barrington
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Trying to work on the craft first. I know the mount needs some adjustment but first want to smooth out the hex as much as possible.
Socratic is offline Find More Posts by Socratic