SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:53 AM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
694 Posts
GoPro2 interferes with NAZA GPS

Really bummed to find out how sensitive the Naza GPS is to interference. Here is a demonstration of GPS failure with the GoPro 2.

NAZA GPS Interference from GoPro2 (3 min 40 sec)

Anyone having luck with some form of shielding?

Chris
imagebuff is offline Find More Posts by imagebuff
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:58 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
^^ crash this is why I pushed so hard to fly naked
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:05 AM
United States, OK, Erick
Joined Aug 2011
792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCrites View Post
^^ crash this is why I pushed so hard to fly naked
do what ?????? lol
crash8384 is offline Find More Posts by crash8384
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:06 AM
I never finish anyth
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2012
2,585 Posts
... you heard me
MCrites is offline Find More Posts by MCrites
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:12 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff View Post
Really bummed to find out how sensitive the Naza GPS is to interference. Here is a demonstration of GPS failure with the GoPro 2.

http://youtu.be/ojY4csnbMi0

Anyone having luck with some form of shielding?

Chris

Yes.

Try mounting a CF circular plate fx double the diameter of the GPS, directly under the GPS (between GPS and the GPS alu mount). Worked for me.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:16 AM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
694 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritan View Post
Yes.

Try mounting a CF circular plate fx double the diameter of the GPS, directly under the GPS (between GPS and the GPS alu mount). Worked for me.
I've tried foil and tin in the same position with no luck but not CF. Will have to locate a disc and try it. Did you end up cutting one out of a sheet of CF or did you find one precut? Thanks!
imagebuff is offline Find More Posts by imagebuff
Old Aug 17, 2012, 08:39 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagebuff View Post
I've tried foil and tin in the same position with no luck but not CF. Will have to locate a disc and try it. Did you end up cutting one out of a sheet of CF or did you find one precut? Thanks!

I cut one out of thin CF 0,5mm but if you already tried alu fx of the same dia as I suggest I and it didnt work doubt you will have any improvement with CF.
tritan is offline Find More Posts by tritan
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:38 AM
Living in the south of France
Joined Aug 2011
457 Posts
[QUOTE=pbw;22461057]Did you take off in GPS or attitude mode? I've never had such a flip at startup.[/QUOTE

I always take off on the GPS setting, with green light on and on the same takeoff sitewhich is perfectly level.
paulinfrance is offline Find More Posts by paulinfrance
Last edited by paulinfrance; Aug 17, 2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: most of the text had dissapeared from the message as did the formule 'quote'.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:50 AM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,939 Posts
Naza Manual Says...

[QUOTE=paulinfrance;22472265]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbw View Post
Did you take off in GPS or attitude mode? I've never had such a flip at startup.[/QUOTE

I always take off on the GPS setting, with green light on and on the same takeoff sitewhich is perfectly level.
Here's a screenshot of DJI recommended take-off mode...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: P2 Lipo Removal
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:23 AM
United States, IA, Clinton
Joined Nov 2010
5 Posts
i like the naza. better than my openpilot. here it is in action.
SKY HIGH ON RIVERFRONT (5 min 58 sec)
anthnchav9 is offline Find More Posts by anthnchav9
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:51 AM
Joined May 2012
20 Posts
Could you please give me an advice? I've install the GPS with correct measurements of its position entered in the assistant and done the compass calibration in an empty field being a 100% shure that there was no interference. Now I try to make my quadcoper hover with gps hold but it starts going in an odd direction like backwards or to the left (with no pattern). Could the reason be that i did have only 6 sattelites locked? What should I do? I cannot make my quadcopter behave in GPS mode even as good as in atti(( and not even close to a solid hover in a pinpoint location and RTH(
Please, help!
ksetdekov is offline Find More Posts by ksetdekov
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Nov 2010
5 Posts
did you trim it in attitude mode. had to trim mine for cg, and different battery size and weight.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Nov 2010
5 Posts
i think there are only six sats to aquire in my neck of the woods, but now and then mine will do slow circules around the liftoff site where it aquired the sats. there may be rf problems, and atmosheric?
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:20 PM
DJI and Empire Support
United States, MS, Ridgeland
Joined Feb 2009
4,939 Posts
Have you done your homework?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksetdekov View Post
Could you please give me an advice? I've install the GPS with correct measurements of its position entered in the assistant and done the compass calibration in an empty field being a 100% shure that there was no interference. Now I try to make my quadcoper hover with gps hold but it starts going in an odd direction like backwards or to the left (with no pattern). Could the reason be that i did have only 6 sattelites locked? What should I do? I cannot make my quadcopter behave in GPS mode even as good as in atti(( and not even close to a solid hover in a pinpoint location and RTH(
Please, help!
In order to get started properly, have you taken the time to read?
- Naza Manual see first of thread
- Naza Gouge see first of thread
- This thread and the Naza FC thread
Your problem sounds like the common ones outlined in the above reading material.
Once you've done some studying, you'll see that with the limited amount of information you are supplying, there's no short, easy answer.
By the way, welcome to the "World of Naza"!
If you can't figure your problem out after trying the suggested solutions in the reading, come back supplying the necessary information you will then know we need.
Then, we'll see if we can help you...
T J Gilbert is offline Find More Posts by T J Gilbert
Site Sponsor
Last edited by T J Gilbert; Aug 17, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Nov 2010
5 Posts
nasa has reported a great amount of dust/sand from the saharan desert in the upper atmoshere recently reaching the amereicas, at nite the sky looks clear so i get my telescope out only to find blury view due to ice crystals in the high stratoshere, bummer.