SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jun 08, 2012, 10:43 PM
Registered User
boolander's Avatar
United States, PA, West Chester
Joined Apr 2007
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal7 View Post
I know some folks were wondering what the Naza GPS came with in terms of mounting hardware.

Here's what's in the box:
- Naza GPS
- Upper and lower mounting brackets
- Mounting stalk
- 4 pieces of 3m mounting tape
- Stickers for alignment/measurement
What do you do with the alignment/measurement stickers?
boolander is offline Find More Posts by boolander
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:02 PM
Registered User
signal7's Avatar
USA, VA, Merrifield
Joined Jun 2008
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boolander View Post
What do you do with the alignment/measurement stickers?
Apparently they're for assisting in the alignment of the GPS. The manual simply says "The DJI logo marked on the GPS should face the sky, with the orientation arrow pointing directly forward. The GPS/Compass is packaged with a special indication line for mounting for the first time."

I did not use them on my WKM, I just eyeballed it. These are probably not necessary but if anyone has a particularly good use for them I'd like to know
signal7 is offline Find More Posts by signal7
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:30 PM
Registered User
gww528's Avatar
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Just so everyone is clear you will not trigger a pre set fail-safe on a 6200 rx.

You need a ar7000 or higher rx to trigger fail-safe with spektrum. Then you also have to bind twice. One to standard bind and then next bind with be with the TX in the config that will trigger the naza or wkm to trigger their Failsafe.

So for an example I use throttle hold to trigger failsafe on the wkm/naza. So I would power on rx with bind plug. Once power light is blinking pull bind plug. Now I power on my TX with throttle hold ON and bind button pressed. Recycle power and now test your failsafe via software.
Just to clarify, there are two AR7000, only the one that has "Data/Batt" listed on the label will work. Some have just have "Batt", they do NOT have Pre-set Failsafe.
gww528 is offline Find More Posts by gww528
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 08, 2012, 11:57 PM
Bladerex700
Joined Jul 2007
422 Posts
I am confused and it my sound ignorant but what's IOC
BladeRex is offline Find More Posts by BladeRex
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:29 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Pacific Grove
Joined Jan 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aisamac gomez View Post
I am confused and it my sound ignorant but what's IOC
GPS Features include: RTH (Return-To-Home); IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control) and Low Battery warning.

IOC means that no matter which way your copter is pointing, pulling the stick back makes it come back to you, forward goes away from you, etc. It's like the system reverses certain channel for you based on which way it's pointing, so you don't have to remember which way is forward/backward/left/right. This is helpful when you lose orientation.
repodog is offline Find More Posts by repodog
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:34 AM
Relax, have a Cub
mewert's Avatar
College Place, WA.
Joined Apr 2004
999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aisamac gomez View Post
I am confused and it my sound ignorant but what's IOC
Inteligent Orientation Control , I believe.

I'm new to this myself. Just got my F450 kit today and have it built but not all hooked up and running yet. Will add GPS later when I'm in the groove with it.
Subscribed here also.
mewert is online now Find More Posts by mewert
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:39 AM
Living in the south of France
paulinfrance's Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandis View Post
maybe your gains are too high..
Thanks but i have gone from 50% to 150% and also re soldered the motor, a friend stripped the motor wires and re soldered them and his has stopped wobbling.
paulinfrance is offline Find More Posts by paulinfrance
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:54 AM
Registered User
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Apr 2011
104 Posts
Home lock video test

Quote:
Originally Posted by repodog View Post
GPS Features include: RTH (Return-To-Home); IOC (Intelligent Orientation Control) and Low Battery warning.

IOC means that no matter which way your copter is pointing, pulling the stick back makes it come back to you, forward goes away from you, etc. It's like the system reverses certain channel for you based on which way it's pointing, so you don't have to remember which way is forward/backward/left/right. This is helpful when you lose orientation.
Just did a "home lock" test, in the first half of this onboard video I flew out then left then spun the quad 180 degrees facing me and by pulling back stick the quad flies back to takeoff point. The second half I flew out then right then spun the quad 90 degrees and by pulling back stick it stills flies back to take off point. Hope this makes sense...

IOC home lock.MP4 (2 min 25 sec)
Yammysho is offline Find More Posts by Yammysho
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 11:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Apr 2011
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yammysho View Post
Just did a "home lock" test, in the first half of this onboard video I flew out then left then spun the quad 180 degrees facing me and by pulling back stick the quad flies back to takeoff point. The second half I flew out then right then spun the quad 90 degrees and by pulling back stick it stills flies back to take off point. Hope this makes sense...

http://youtu.be/wCuFjfmFEwo
Thanks Yammysho! and you have a really nice flying club field...
tien8tien is offline Find More Posts by tien8tien
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:23 PM
S.Bus Driver
Australia
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
They really need to create a Naza + GPS package for a little less than both.
DJI list a Naza/GPS combo for the same price as buying the Naza and GPS module separately.

I'm sure you will see them available in the US after the rush of the GPS modules is over.
BozSpeed is offline Find More Posts by BozSpeed
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:31 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
Just to clarify, there are two AR7000, only the one that has "Data/Batt" listed on the label will work. Some have just have "Batt", they do NOT have Pre-set Failsafe.
Very true! FYI If you do have an older one w/o the data tag, they will update it for free
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: S900 H3-3D Mount
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
Just so everyone is clear you will not trigger a pre set fail-safe on a 6200 rx.

You need a ar7000 or higher rx to trigger fail-safe with spektrum. Then you also have to bind twice. One to standard bind and then next bind with be with the TX in the config that will trigger the naza or wkm to trigger their Failsafe.

So for an example I use throttle hold to trigger failsafe on the wkm/naza. So I would power on rx with bind plug. Once power light is blinking pull bind plug. Now I power on my TX with throttle hold ON and bind button pressed. Recycle power and now test your failsafe via software.
I think you are saying that to assign a specific switch or button on your controller which initiates NAZA Failsafe directly, it's necessary to have an AR7000 or above. But what if I just turn off my transmitter while using an AR6210? Assuming that I created a controller mix that gave me the proper combination of inputs that highlighted the blue Failsafe field in the NAZA Assistant set up, wouldn't it initiate the NAZA RTH sequence as demonstrated in the videos that Signal7 posted?
azure is offline Find More Posts by azure
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:46 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,783 Posts
The AR6 series only saves the Throttle setting, nothing else. Sorry.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:52 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
blade strike's Avatar
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
10,209 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
The AR6 series only saves the Throttle setting, nothing else. Sorry.
^^^^Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
I think you are saying that to assign a specific switch or button on your controller which initiates NAZA Failsafe directly, it's necessary to have an AR7000 or above. But what if I just turn off my transmitter while using an AR6210? Assuming that I created a controller mix that gave me the proper combination of inputs that highlighted the blue Failsafe field in the NAZA Assistant set up, wouldn't it initiate the NAZA RTH sequence as demonstrated in the videos that Signal7 posted?
This would only allow you to trigger the naza failsafe when still having control of craft. THIS WILL NOT give you a true failsafe incase of signal loss!
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: S900 H3-3D Mount
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 09, 2012, 01:10 PM
Registered User
USA, CA, Fontana
Joined Mar 2005
1,104 Posts
Ioc

A quick question as this IOC is new to me.
How does the quad actually know if I am trying to back up or wanting it to change the direction for the front on the quad.
actionplus is online now Find More Posts by actionplus
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product GAUI 500x/ GU-INS GPS Owners Thread - Tips, Problems And Experiences sap_2000 Multirotor Talk 231 Aug 05, 2014 04:32 AM
Discussion HoverFly Owners Thread: Pro, GPS, Sport, Gimbal and news Adidas4275 Multirotor Talk 195 Sep 06, 2012 04:45 PM
Found DJI NAZA GPS Upgrade Module for the DJI Naza Flight Controller skyhulk Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 10 Jul 20, 2012 08:47 PM
Question Question for Spektrum DX8/HF GPS owners Wayno Complaino Hoverfly Technologies 13 Jan 01, 2012 01:18 PM
Discussion Gps owner videos jginsandiego Hoverfly Technologies 0 Oct 04, 2011 05:01 PM