Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:09 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Rotterdam
Joined Feb 2012
86 Posts
Discussion
LX models a-10 super warthog

LX models a-10 super warthog
Hi guys,
I'm looking for a rtf a-10 super warthog lx models, but every site is so expensive like about 500 dollar - 800 dollar, maybe some of you guys know a very cheap site because I really want this jet, (but not for that price haven't got enough money you know) But anyway can somebody help me with this, to find a cheap site and cheap or free delivery to netherlands.
Thanks
Milton Chin
milton12325 is offline Find More Posts by milton12325
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 04:43 PM
Chi-Town, Il. U.S.A.
Joined Jul 2009
525 Posts
Toysonics.com, shows they have the kit (airframe/retracts) version in stock: $189.00. Your better off adding your own electrical, and a set of aftermarket retracts...ROCK ON!!!!!!!
dlxpkg2000 is offline Find More Posts by dlxpkg2000
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined Feb 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxpkg2000 View Post
Toysonics.com, shows they have the kit (airframe/retracts) version in stock: $189.00. Your better off adding your own electrical, and a set of aftermarket retracts...ROCK ON!!!!!!!
But can I buy the pnp version too? Because i'm beginner and am not in to much assembling. I did it once and it didn't go how it used to go so thats why i chose/ prefer pnp but do you know a store who sells it and in stock for low price.
(btw thanks door your reply and I am beginner so what do I have to do? buy a a-10 warthog lx models pnp or kit version only? Is the plane even good for beginners? And have you got one rc model lx like the warthog?

Milton Chin
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:06 PM
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milton12325 View Post
But can I buy the pnp version too? Because i'm beginner and am not in to much assembling. I did it once and it didn't go how it used to go so thats why i chose/ prefer pnp but do you know a store who sells it and in stock for low price.
(btw thanks door your reply and I am beginner so what do I have to do? buy a a-10 warthog lx models pnp or kit version only? Is the plane even good for beginners? And have you got one rc model lx like the warthog?

Milton Chin
Milton,

Yes you can buy a plug and play version. However depending on where you buy your A-10 you can pretty much expect to pay up to that $500 dollar mark your trying to avoid. Large twin engine models arent cheap.

Let me ask you this. How much RC model flying experience do you have? The reason why I ask is because ducted fan jets really arent for beginner pilots. Even if you have mastered a trainer I still wouldnt recommend an EDF. I would what untill you have mastered a fast sport style aircraft. Jets are very unforgiving to an unexperienced pilot. I am only telling you this to save you a bunch of money and grief.

Even the PNP and RTF models you still have to assemble (build). Some more than other. But there is still a building process required no matter what you buy unless you purchase one that is already 100% assembled.

But if you want some places to look for the A-10, try BananaHobby.com
They have a very nice A-10 that costs about $370 us dollars.
SilverState RC is offline Find More Posts by SilverState RC
Old Jun 06, 2012, 09:39 PM
MikeMT
United States, Mt, Billings
Joined Jan 2012
92 Posts
you could always go with a Dynam Turbo Jet from nitroplanes.com

recently got mine and it is a nicely built plane.

reasonably priced and some say even a little forgiving for beginners (take that at face value).

read about the turbo jet here.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1333688
nacho2059 is offline Find More Posts by nacho2059
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:58 AM
Joined Feb 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverState RC View Post
Milton,

Yes you can buy a plug and play version. However depending on where you buy your A-10 you can pretty much expect to pay up to that $500 dollar mark your trying to avoid. Large twin engine models arent cheap.

Let me ask you this. How much RC model flying experience do you have? The reason why I ask is because ducted fan jets really arent for beginner pilots. Even if you have mastered a trainer I still wouldnt recommend an EDF. I would what untill you have mastered a fast sport style aircraft. Jets are very unforgiving to an unexperienced pilot. I am only telling you this to save you a bunch of money and grief.

Even the PNP and RTF models you still have to assemble (build). Some more than other. But there is still a building process required no matter what you buy unless you purchase one that is already 100% assembled.

But if you want some places to look for the A-10, try BananaHobby.com
They have a very nice A-10 that costs about $370 us dollars.
Yes I can do it via banana hobby but I'm living in the netherlands so the delivery is almost 150 dollar or even more, and btw thanks for your reply i'm a beginner and have got a joint striker and a cessna but haven;t flown with it because i can't bind it please read about my cessna: t2m cessna. milton12325
Give a review and is a cessna a good beginner plane, i wanted to buy a-10 warthog because it was a very scale looking and they said that every body could fly it it was so stable they said but, it is not unfortunately So a beginner must not buy this plane?
Milton12325
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:31 AM
Everett, WA
Joined Aug 2002
659 Posts
Milton,
It would be wise to seek some hands-on live person's help from a RC club. It will save you lots of time and $$ in a long run.

Here are links to clubs in Netherlands:
http://www.towerhobbies.com/rcwairclubint.html
http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/net...ing-clubs.html

Join the club. Usually, most (if not all) clubs offer beginning flying/training lessons.

Good luck and welcome to the hobby!

Dave

PS. Don't believe in the advertisement on most websites (especially Banana Hobby). If you read carefully, every one of their advertisement says "Easy to Fly", "Great for Beginners", etc.
eaticus is offline Find More Posts by eaticus
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
86 Posts
Thanks,
I appreciate you help, and i will go or visit like those rc clubs and take lessons.
It will help me with flying heli's or airplanes.
Milton12325
Old Jul 29, 2014, 02:17 PM
Tail Spin Tim
Tucson, AZ
Joined Apr 2009
15 Posts
LX Models A-10

I have 2 of these and they fly very well. The one I have E-flight retracts on and the other, E-tracs from Schulman Aviation. My second is flown with 10 bladed fans on 2100kv motors and get about 5-6 minutes at half throttle.
Tcoltpilot56 is offline Find More Posts by Tcoltpilot56
Old Jul 29, 2014, 06:42 PM
Chi-Town, Il. U.S.A.
Joined Jul 2009
525 Posts
I would agree, that although this plane is relatively easy to fly, It certainly is NOT for beginners. Fly the wings off that Cessna 1st, then move on to a low-wing style prop-plane, fly the wings off that, then pick-up a 50mm/64mm jet to train on. Also, look into some help form some of the local club members. Have Fun, Play Safe, and Happy Flying.
dlxpkg2000 is offline Find More Posts by dlxpkg2000