Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:32 PM
United States, CA
Joined Apr 2004
45 Posts
Discussion
Flyzone FW-190 Landing Gear Speed

Using the Futaba 8FG I was able to give the langing gear a more scale movement

Here is how I did it. Any 8FG users out there with more experience with this function?
Flyzone FW 190 Landing Gear with 8FG (6 min 18 sec)
propflipper is offline Find More Posts by propflipper
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by propflipper; Jun 06, 2012 at 12:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:55 PM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
335 Posts
Yep, that's neat!

I had originally set my JR 9503 to operate the same way and for three flights everything was OK. On the fourth, a cross wind landing put side load on my gear and they collapsed. The touch down was soft.

I have had problems with gear locking down on a Hobby Lobby F-35 EDF and a Hangar 9 Corsair with mechanical retracts that I had slowed down.

I reset my Tx back for normal operation and no problems since. I hold an unsubstantiated notion that the mechanical retracts need that *slam/slam* to lock.

Having said that, there are a number of guys here who have slowed their gear servos on this plane and report no trouble, so, maybe I'm just paranoid! Prolly.
Demsey is offline Find More Posts by Demsey
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:33 AM
United States, CA
Joined Apr 2004
45 Posts
I know what you mean. The trunions were not always going over center when I first slowed it down. I increased the end point for the landing gear servo and that fixed it
propflipper is offline Find More Posts by propflipper
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 07, 2012, 08:22 AM
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Jan 2011
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propflipper View Post
I know what you mean. The trunions were not always going over center when I first slowed it down. I increased the end point for the landing gear servo and that fixed it
Schmarrrrrt! Even if the modeller chooses not to slow the gear, to maximize the design of the system those end points have to be MAXED out! A lot of guys have learned that the hard way.

OK Propflip, keep us posted on how it works out for you. Great tutorial you've done here for Futaba owners. Join in on the discussion here> http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...437988&page=68

Although the thread header states "New ST Models FW 190..................." it's the same plane as the FlyZone one. A lot of good info there and an upgrade project in the works for an aluminum parts hop up kit for the gear via member 'Spinnetti', would love your input too on your slowed gear field trials....................
Demsey is offline Find More Posts by Demsey
Old Jun 19, 2012, 05:50 PM
RC Aircraft Enthusiast
United States
Joined Mar 2012
155 Posts
You can also do this using the Motor Function assigned to a virtual channel. Just change "flap" to "gear" in this example.
http://www2.ripmax.net/Futaba_Inform...Servo_slow.pdf
Marvie100 is offline Find More Posts by Marvie100