HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by N8LBV, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:39 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor Charter Township
Joined Mar 2012
1,168 Posts
Discussion
Belt CP V2 I wrecked it! Damn it!

Belt CP V2:
I still suck at this thing on idle-up attempts..

I don't really have 'settings' I can share because I just keep changing them..
I was generally setting normal mode to have a bit higher head speed to help get me used to more responsiveness, by applying less blase pitch at mid to 3/4 the way up, also this heli has 315mm blades making it even more touchy.

On idle-up I was using a straight 0-25-50-75-100 for pitch curve (like the stock TX was)
And for throttle curve I had 100-85-85-85-100 (like stock TX)..
Stock TX had a problem where at mid stick if you switch back to normal mode the blade pitch would jump to +5 and the heli should shoot up 25 feet into the air.. when switching to idile up it would do the opposite, and was NOT settable or programmable...
With the DX6i I've tried to adjust normal mode to a higher head speed to match the hovering point so I could switch to idle-up and have about the same lift-level and ~85% full rpm..
I've not got it quite right and yesterday I made it even 'touchier' than stock..
As soon as I go into Idle-up it's all over the place and I'm fighting to get it back under control.
I had this same problem with the stock TX.. but saved it the other 4 times I tried this..
yesterday I lost the battle and wrecked it.
I feel like an idiot!! I've been flying it for well over a month without crashing..
The moment I try to experiment and play with idle-up I wreck my helicopter that I had all setup so nicely.. and was flying very nice in normal mode :-)
URGH!!!

I've also built new confidence doing lots of awesome flying on my new Blade MCPx which is a very responsive little helicopter compared to the Belt in normal mode.
However I feel that FBL computer with 3 axis gyro thing is making it MUCH easier to fly than a conventional helicopter with mechanical stabilization help.
I can fly the MCPx nose-in in 22MPH wind gusts and keep it under control..
Honestly I don't think I'm that talented and that FBL stabilization system gets
a LOT of credit for me being able to do this.
N8LBV is offline Find More Posts by N8LBV
Last edited by N8LBV; Jun 06, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts