HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:24 PM
tiguytrem
Canada, QC, Québec
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Shame not much action on this thread. Scorpion Y-6 is small in size but a very good little flyer. My favorite to fly are this and Lasybird. I have others and enjoy them also. I have sizeable fleet of Quads/ mico's and fly five or more at a time. I still have a way to go but no rush. Plus each time learn and develope more skill. Walkrea started the ball rolling with mico quads with the Ladtbird V1. Clones are knock offs and don't have the features. Yes clones fly pretty decent and some say fly just as good. Try and update a clone online. I'm glad I have these and having a blast flying them.
Hi guys, I have LB, Y6, Genius CP, Super FP, Mini CP with Devo 6 !! Thank you Walkera for great and amazing machines!! : D: D: D
tiguytrem is offline Find More Posts by tiguytrem
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:40 PM
tiguytrem
Canada, QC, Québec
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Moest View Post
WOW...incredible http://www.walkera.com/en1/particula...pn=QR+SCORPION
Walkera QR SCORPION free shipoping http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...oducts_id=2049
also can got a free devo4, should i buy?
Best,
GM
Hi GM, Its a very good price and you can bind the LB anf Super FP on Devo4 !!
Regards!
tiguytrem is offline Find More Posts by tiguytrem
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:22 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
My Walkrea fleet consits of two V1 L/Birds/ one Y-6/ Genius c/p/ V100D01/ V200D01/ V400D02. Two Devo 7Tx/ two 2402D Devo/ one 2403 older 4ch TX for Brushless V100D01. Geniusc/p / V400D02 have not been flown. All have checked out or have been flown and happy with all. I am aware of motor issues with V400D02/ servos, and have extra new motors. I will deal with issues when its a problem. 6ch is down the road, as I hate waiting for parts. I am so pleased about the two Ladybirds/ and Y-6. I flew all three today and all flew over 6 minutes with abality to rise up again with no hesitation. I fly/ land/ let battery cool/change to another bird. Later charge batteries and let them cool. Then ready to go again. Its not hard to see why multi rotors are so popular, but flying inverted ain't going to happen with them.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:56 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Funny since getting V1/ Y-6 flying helis while still fun I like the multi -rotors best.
The Y-6 and Ladybird just go exactly where you want them to. The superior smoothness of Devo 7 TX is amazing and right on the mark. I was using 2402D on a V1, but since changed over to Devo 7. Retired 2402D as no need for it now.
Just recieved some extra batteries for Y-6 and have extras for V1 and time to get air bourne.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Funny since getting V1/ Y-6 flying helis while still fun I like the multi -rotors best.
The Y-6 and Ladybird just go exactly where you want them to. The superior smoothness of Devo 7 TX is amazing and right on the mark. I was using 2402D on a V1, but since changed over to Devo 7. Retired 2402D as no need for it now.
Just recieved some extra batteries for Y-6 and have extras for V1 and time to get air bourne.
Have not flown helis much since I got the multirotor bug, either.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:14 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Just put some more flights on new batteries and all is fine. Batteries for V100D03bl are same size etc. Some sites don't list the Y-6. For V1 using nano teh 260ma 35c batteries and get good flight times. Stock batter is doing fine, and SURE like this little bird. Just cleared a compartment on computer table for Y-6/ V1/ armed and ready with back up batteries close at hand.
Last edited by dankar04; Oct 14, 2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
I see there isn't a great deal of interest in this but for those who want a nice little flying machine Y-6 is one of the best Mico multi rotors and Lasybird is finest. V1
Besides its wonderful flying abality its flat out cool looking and sound of six motors in sync. is awesome. I know there are some who would degrade this bird and don't care. Bottom line one fine little machine. Dan
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:27 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Another week has gone by and little Y-6 is doing great. Along with two L/Bird V1; I having harder time flying helis. I fly three clones and they are fine for what they are. Down side of clones are toy TX's. I have a L/Bird V2 coming and want to see difference myself and comp[are V1. I bought my Y-6 from Direct heli w Devo7 for $109.95, and L/B V1 w 2402D from Xheli for $58.00. The Blade MQX goes for $179.95 w TX . Nothing wrong about MQX but the TX is not that good. Devo 7 is a pain but works very well and 15 model memory and full on computer radio.
My two V929's are fun to fly but do not match my Walkrea birds. V929's have indeed held up very well and still going strong. V2 goes for $60.00 and await its arrival to compare. Word is its a good flyer. I rotate my birds and never go back to back flying same bird. Each flying outing is about a solid hour. Brain starts getting tired and shut it all down. Let batteries cool and then recharge everything.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:41 AM
Lincolnshire UK
Joined Jun 2007
41 Posts
Does anyone know of a Y6 clone with the DSM2 board as the ladybird clones are coming out with the DSM2 board in them
oldgeeza is offline Find More Posts by oldgeeza
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:31 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Scorpion Y-6 is still going very well and has a big brother to fly with. Hoten X flys great. Spent hours flying Ladybirds/ Y-6/ Hoten/ then couple of V929's/ U816/V939. Then flew another round and added Solo-pro 270A/Helios 100 then ran out of mental gas. I have never flown so many different flying machines in one day.
Only mishap was knocked of tail rotor blade on S/P 270a and it went back on with no issue. Now thats what I'm talking about !!
Last edited by dankar04; Nov 11, 2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 07:23 PM
United Kingdom, England, Sheffield
Joined Jun 2012
1,619 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgeeza View Post
Does anyone know of a Y6 clone with the DSM2 board as the ladybird clones are coming out with the DSM2 board in them
There is this one but does not use the 929/939/911 tx so I doubt it will be 9x compatible. would love to know what it can bind with and how it flies. I want a small quad or multi to fly hard banked aggressive flight and the ladybird is just crap at this and fed up with crashing due to flight limitations. Yeah it's awesome slinky inside but that's only fun when its raining.

The 939 is my go to until dsm2 module comes to try the dsm2 board out properly. I dropped a Q on Armattan's vid but no reply as yet
Walkera Y6, Scorpion Fast Outdoor Flight (6 min 11 sec)

So can this fly wide open throttle hard banked turns like the 939 and unlike the ladybird? Can anyone please post a vid of some fast circuits but with a couple tight turns without slowing right down?
microrcfiend is offline Find More Posts by microrcfiend
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:25 PM
Joined Dec 2002
679 Posts
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sh...o-p-56008.html

Got it here for $45 and free shipping.
It took a few weeks to arrive in the US.
Come with the 500mAh pack and dual charger.
tanasit is offline Find More Posts by tanasit
Old Jan 10, 2013, 08:40 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanasit View Post
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Sh...o-p-56008.html

Got it here for $45 and free shipping.
It took a few weeks to arrive in the US.
Come with the 500mAh pack and dual charger.
What you have is not Walkrea Y-6. Looks cute. Still flying my Y-6 and its a dandy. First battery is going south but no big deal. I like it as much as when I first got it.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:09 AM
France, IDF, Fontenay-le-Fleury
Joined May 2009
13 Posts
hi all

i bought a y6 scorpion too and i made little aestheticals modifications .
first: canopy witch i think is one of the ugliest one ( walkera should have made a better design and i m sure they can ....hehehe)
and second had led on each arms better for the visibility
flies well but the add of weight and led consumption make me loose about 1 mn of fly time
next mod will be a new frame in order to reduce weight and may be the possibility to use larger lipos
flyinfilbo is offline Find More Posts by flyinfilbo
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:56 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,494 Posts
Beauty is eye of beholder and like stock canopy. One you made looks extremely ugly !! ha ..,. ha