Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 10, 2012, 04:55 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPriapism View Post
As far as flight characteristics, does one out preform the other? Which is faster with FFF?

Although the Scorpion is easier to FFF or easier to cruise around, the mQX might be faster, IMHO.

cvlex
cvlex is online now Find More Posts by cvlex
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2012, 10:11 PM
United States
Joined Nov 2011
174 Posts
Thanks for all your feedback cvlex.

Any idea of how much the scorpion can carry?
FlyingPriapism is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPriapism
Old Jul 12, 2012, 04:49 AM
practice, practice, practice
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Mar 2005
720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPriapism View Post
Thanks for all your feedback cvlex.

Any idea of how much the scorpion can carry?
As the scorpion is so small and the flight time is only four minutes, she cannot carry any payload, IMHO.

cvlex
cvlex is online now Find More Posts by cvlex
Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:21 AM
Old new guy
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Sep 2004
3,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
So what is the point of redundancy on something that will not and can not carry anything that's even remotely valuable? Also, eww, brushed motors!
Maybe just for fun? *gasp*
TheX is offline Find More Posts by TheX
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:54 AM
United States
Joined Nov 2011
174 Posts
I noticed that the description says "The receiver can upgrade by Walkera hompage."

Does it come with a usb cable to do so?
FlyingPriapism is offline Find More Posts by FlyingPriapism
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvlex View Post
I've placed an order for the Scorpion BNF.

The price is US$113.00.

http://www.myhobbyjapan.com/index.ph...oducts_id=3082

cvlex
www.myrcmart.com sells it for 99$

I got one and I'm liking it a lot. I will post a mini review about it when I have some videos ready. I have posted about it a little bit in a blog, but I think this model deserves a thorough review. It is the smallest tri commercially available in the world, after all.

Walkera Y6 Scorpion Outdoor flight and durability test (5 min 1 sec)

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:52 AM
Joined Mar 2012
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
www.myrcmart.com sells it for 99$

I got one and I'm liking it a lot. I will post a mini review about it when I have some videos ready. I have posted about it a little bit in a blog, but I think this model deserves a thorough review. It is the smallest tri commercially available in the world, after all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgtkvTNM5GQ

Best,
Chris
WOW...incredible http://www.walkera.com/en1/particula...pn=QR+SCORPION
Walkera QR SCORPION free shipoping http://9imod.com/index.php?main_page...oducts_id=2049
also can got a free devo4, should i buy?
Best,
GM
Gustavo Moest is offline Find More Posts by Gustavo Moest
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:55 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,847 Posts
I have had my Y-6 for over a week and big time fun. Yesterday my BNF L/ Bird arrived and flew it breifly, but now have two great flyers. L/Bird is first bnf I tried from Walkrea. Bound to Devo 7 TX easy. Y-6 package came with Devo 7 TX. Both birds velvet smooth and stable. Y-6 is very responsive and moves out quickly. L/Bird seems little slower but great flyer. My nano tech 260ma fit perfect in L/Bird. I need more batteries for Y-6. I was just about ready to order a V939 from Bang good, then looked at Nitro models site and they have deal on OR L/Bird. Their site changes all the time and you need to look close. I bought a V400D02 bnf for $114.00/ with free shipping.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,570 Posts
Quote:
I bought a V400D02 bnf for $114.00/ with free shipping.
That is one sweet deal! Well done!

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:14 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,847 Posts
Chris, The $114.00 shipped V400D02 deal was even sweeter as I ordered two 1350ma 3 cell batteries weeks before on a wim and they fit this bird. Stock batteries are $38.00/ I paid Xheli 13.76 for each. Not bad. Anyway with more flight time on L/Bird/ and Y-6 performanxce is very close. The Devo 7 is very user friendly for flying. I will gian more experience with these and my other quads and later onto 6ch birds.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:41 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,847 Posts
X-heli did it again and put a great price on another bird. Now Y-6/ BNF L/Bird have another flying buddie. Ladybird is really a fine flyer. Y-6 also and just looks so cool flying. My friend bought one but he is use to much bigger stuff. He let it get away from him due to its small size. Lucky damage isn't to bad. Bent a couple motors. Concrete is a Bitc-.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:40 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,847 Posts
I need to order some batteries for the Y-6. My two Ladybirds are fine as I bought extras for my Genius C/p. Nano tech 260ma. give good flight times and power.
All I can say is I like flying these little birds big time. Each one right out of the box is a home run. The Y-6 is just a blast to fly.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:12 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,847 Posts
Several more days and more flying/ and Y-6 is doing fine. Extra batteries ordered and shipped. should arrive very soon. Even talked my friend into getting a Y-6. He flys much bigger quads and Y-6's but did get one. He likes it but it got away from him and broke a few motors. He got a little wild with it and lost sight of it. Need to remember these are tiny in size and have good performance. I am very pleased with the Y-6 and Ladybird V1. I was told about very short flight times but consider than bull twinkies !! I fly both as long if not longer than mico 100 F/P birds with no issues. Yes V929 will fly longer but its slow compared to these two.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,570 Posts
Quote:
I was told about very short flight times but consider than bull twinkies !! I fly both as long if not longer than mico 100 F/P birds with no issues. Yes V929 will fly longer but its slow compared to these two.
Well noted. I fully agree.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 06, 2012, 09:24 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,847 Posts
Shame not much action on this thread. Scorpion Y-6 is small in size but a very good little flyer. My favorite to fly are this and Lasybird. I have others and enjoy them also. I have sizeable fleet of Quads/ mico's and fly five or more at a time. I still have a way to go but no rush. Plus each time learn and develope more skill. Walkrea started the ball rolling with mico quads with the Ladtbird V1. Clones are knock offs and don't have the features. Yes clones fly pretty decent and some say fly just as good. Try and update a clone online. I'm glad I have these and having a blast flying them.