HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:02 AM
United States, UT, Draper
Joined Aug 2011
175 Posts
Discussion
Another DJI Zenmuse Z15 Gimbal thread

I realize it's futile to ask, but please don't muck up this thread with whining about price or DJI bashing etc. If you have nothing constructive to add, then go fly your heli and stop trolling forums.

The DJI site states:
Is it possible to use it for remote control of photo and video shoot?
GH2 can support remote control of photos and videos shoot, NEX5/7 can support remote control of photos shoot.
But I'm wondering if this is a limitation of implementation that can be fixed given that Esben figured it out for his Stratosnapper (http://littlesmartthings.com/the-str...-nex5-and-nex7). Would be excellent to be able to start and stop video with the Nex5 and Nex7. I've emailed DJI about this, any other insight from those who have one in hand? I'm assuming the module that contains the HDMI converter has an IR port for triggering the camera?
skivvie is offline Find More Posts by skivvie
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:32 PM
Joined May 2011
36 Posts
Few questions on Z15

Anyone got a bag labled Z15A03-5N in the box with Z15? See the content of the bag in the attached picture. Looks like some spare parts and another lens support bracket. The bracket really surprises me because the label on the mount clearly says that it is calibrated only for Sony E16mm f/2.8. Does it mean that DJI provides some hardware for additional lenses? What lenses?

Another question is about G6 ports on the box attached to Sevo Drive Module 1. There are two opened G6 ports. Looks like I should use the lower one to connect it the mount to the GCU. What is the purpose of the upper port?

Where do you guys install GCU unit? I just pot it on the big metal plate the base of the gimbal.

The final question is about the way my Nex 5n is balanced on the mount. I should tell that my camera is very well balanced but not perfect. See the video:

Checking balance of Nex 5N on Zenmuse Z15 mount (0 min 18 sec)

Thank you,

--Alik
a1ik is offline Find More Posts by a1ik
Old Aug 01, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
I asked this in the other Z15 thread, if the calibration is done by tuning the electronic or
providing another mount to correct the COG. Got no answer as usual but it seems the
later is valid. As there are only two lenses supported this should be the mount for the
24mm Zeiss.
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:30 AM
Austria, Niederösterr., Eggenburg
Joined Jan 2010
1,463 Posts
@Hypam,

Did you read this?:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=334

There are no pid setting accessible in the Z15 -assistant.

best regards

Ferdinand
EndOfDays is offline Find More Posts by EndOfDays
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:43 AM
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
@Ferdinand.

hätte ja noch ergänzt werden können, aber so wie das jetzt aussieht funktioniert die
Kalibrierung nur über die justage der Kamera oder? Na egal, ich bekomme nächste
Woche eh das Teil und kann das dann selber herausfinden.
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1 Posts
The other lens support bracket is the base plate for the NEX-7
zeero is offline Find More Posts by zeero