SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 08:45 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Data
1992 Toyota Camry XLE (JT Vin = Japan)

Hello good people!

I am again wanted to update an old Blog Thread discussing my 1992 Toyota Camry XLE (JT Vin Number which equates to Japan Built ).

For the Old Thread Discussion and Introduction please go to:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1529253

Fast forward from late last year, the car has over 410,000 miles now and I decided to paint the Camry because it was time and the horizontal surfaces such as the Trunk, Roof (around the Moon Roof) required major work as the Clear Coat had completely flaked off and leaving just the raw paint exposed to constant rain, sun and wind.

It has been a challenge of sorts and lots of patience because the shop I decided to have the work done is family owned and the older gentleman that has owned this shop here in Orlando, Florida has been at the same place for over 23 years. The bump on the road was when he got sick not once but, twice and this caused high degree of stress for all as his shop got completely backed up with work and the pressure to get those cars belonging to rental agencies and other contract work was slightly higher priority. In doing so, I re-negotiated my original work contract to have the entire Camry painted instead of just those areas that needed Paint and Clear coat sealing. Needless to say it has been right at three (3) complete months that my car has been in this shop and I am glad and fortunate to have four (4) cars in the family and three (3) of which I can use here in Orlando.

The owner of this shop has had recovery for several health issues and now he is finally almost 100% full recovered and finally got my 1992 Camry painted two weeks ago and separately the bumpers, mirrors and door handles painted last week.

As recent as today, the entire Camry obtained a "Wet Sanding" all over the freshly painted surfaces to avoid "Orange Peel" effects and other ugly and less professional finish results.

I am anticipating the Camry to be ready at the end of this week "or" middle of next. At this point, no one is asking to RUSH anything!

Okay a few pictures!!!

Initial work Body Preparation: (March 2012):

VIDEOS:
1992 Toyota Camry XLE Paint Job March 10, 2012 Part1 of 3 (0 min 23 sec)

1992 Toyota Camry XLE Paint Job March 10, 2012 Part2 of 3 (0 min 36 sec)

1992 Toyota Camry XLE Paint Job March 10, 2012 Part3 of 3 (0 min 29 sec)

1992 Toyota Camry XLE Paint Job March 10, 2012 Additional Footage (0 min 59 sec)

Body Preparation: (April 2012):

Painting Progress: (May 2012):

Wet Sanding: (June 2012):

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Jun 06, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2012, 05:39 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Additional Progress Effective June 8th-12th, 2012

Well, new work and progress between June 8th - 12th, 2012.

All Door handles were installed, side mirrors were painted, entire car was polished and due to the rains, it will need additional polishing, especially the bumpers.

RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:48 AM
Jungmeister 55
Orlando Herndon, Florida, United States
Joined Sep 2002
3,462 Posts
About time skybro!!...glad this job is finally getting finished!!!!...the car is looking great!!

Gerry.
simano is offline Find More Posts by simano
Old Jun 19, 2012, 11:58 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
Thanks Gerry!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2012, 10:48 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,733 Posts
My 1992 Toyota Camry XLE is back HOME!

Finally my 1992 Toyota Camry XLE is back HOME!

Arrived on July 13th, 2012 (Friday) and it was a great day with great luck!

Some updated pictures!

RCG Plus Member