HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Imagecatcher, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 05:20 AM
NSW Australia
Joined Mar 2010
245 Posts
Discussion
Belly skid installation ideas

Firstly, let me say my experience in the RC world is limited. Therefore I am more than happy for you guys to leave comments of a constructive manner. If fact I seek your suggestions.
(I have assumed you have got one one these off me or plan to)
The installation: This will depend on whether you want the plastic to stay clear, painting or covering with something like Di-noc.
Lets start with least favourable option...
1)Double sided tape XXX
2) Glue such as the tube that comes with X8, good stickion factor but what if you wanna take it off? Also if you want the clear look you will see an irregular shaped blob. If you have painted the inside it may peal the paint.
3)Tape it on: sure why not but not very tidy and if you have painted the foam it may pull the paint off.

4) Screwed ( my fave) place on the foam. mark where you think it needs 'pulling in' (about 6 spots) with a whiteboard marker. Remove from foam drill 1/8th holes. Replace on foam and 'dot' the foam. now sink/glue in a female plastic hex standoff. Now screw into that! clean simple removable (for when you total the plane or make mods)

Of course the skid can be trimmed down to a size or shape you desire. This will also reduce weight for those conscious of the grams.
Imagecatcher is offline Find More Posts by Imagecatcher
Last edited by Imagecatcher; Nov 17, 2012 at 01:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts