HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2012, 10:15 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2 Posts
Question
Does anyone have this type of boat?

Someone gave me their gas boat. It's called a Hustler. It's about 44" L and has a 13" beam. It is powered by a weed wacker engine. Does any one have a boat like this or knows anything about it?
GlassbyFrass is offline Find More Posts by GlassbyFrass
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:43 PM
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
2,933 Posts
Not much but some. The hull is molded plastic which shouldn't be good mounting a hot gas motor into. It's slow, about 17-21 MPH going downhill.
The last one I saw was probably a good year or so ago as a local hobby shop had one sitting there. I was surprised that they were still being made!
With it being free, you really can't complain. Just don't expect a lot from it.
The same company made a slightly faster boat called the Alien. I've never seen one except for magazine ads.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
Old Jul 12, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
Hustler Boat

I have 2 of the Hustler boats with weed wacker engines....I have owned them since new (approx 15 years) and still have the manual that came with them. Mine have not been used in a couple of years and we just took them down from the shelf and are in process of replacing fuel lines but expect them to run great...alot of fun!!
homrecr is offline Find More Posts by homrecr
Old Jul 17, 2012, 07:55 AM
Canada, ON, Whitby
Joined Aug 2008
8,901 Posts
My dad had one of these YEARS ago, probably about 17 years back. You can get more speed out of them with a better prop, and better exhaust (the stock canister does nothing for power), but don't expect to turn it into a 40mph boat. They're still tons of fun though!
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons