HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:41 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2012
63 Posts
Discussion
Anyone with a DJI S800 & Zenmuse here is SoCal?

Hi -

I was wondering if anyone here in Southern California is flying the S800/Zenmuse combo. If so, I'd love to take a look at one and compare it with my Droidworx. Thanks!
defxxx is offline Find More Posts by defxxx
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:47 PM
Joined Apr 2006
673 Posts
sell your droidworx
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Jun 05, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Feb 2012
63 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement Chris!
Old Jun 05, 2012, 03:07 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,130 Posts
I was wondering what SoCal is...

A social organization for Copter addicted lads?
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:16 PM
Joined Apr 2006
673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by defxxx View Post
Thanks for the encouragement Chris!
i was being a bit facetious :^)

i'm sure you've seen the recent dealer demo vids. and to be honest, this thing is unbelievable. coming from both an aerial rc helicopter and a video production background (steadicam), i can really appreciate what this thing can do.

the biggest negative at the moment is that it only works with one or two cameras and a few primes. it's a lot of money considering the limitation, but nothing nothing nothing comes close (at this point in time).

actually there is hope for your droidworx with the new stuff coming out. even with the current tech, you can eliminate most of the pitch and sway mechanically and then make it rock solid in post. in the end, the customer won't know and doesn't care how you got the shot, only that you got the shot. yes, post is kind of a pain, but until the price comes down or the work justifies, i'll have to make do.

if only i had that gimbal for this shoot (shot without a gimbal, just mounted to a suib frame):

Audio Visionz: Chapter One (2 min 58 sec)
chris24g is offline Find More Posts by chris24g
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
63 Posts
Well, I don't think I'm in the market for one yet. Mostly just curious how they're put together, what the gimbal mounting system looks like, etc.

So far I have not located anybody nearby with one.