2,177 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll see what I can do.
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:18 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,177 Posts
Hey, guys. Finally received my 2 pair of wings in the mail today. Bout time..
Old Aug 17, 2012, 05:43 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Hey, guys. Finally received my 2 pair of wings in the mail today. Bout time..
Great, does ur bird glide straight?
Legendary_Agent is offline Find More Posts by Legendary_Agent
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:43 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,177 Posts
Probably this weekend.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:49 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Probably this weekend.
Ok xD im having a real hard time making my bird fly straight and glide straight :< it either glides in circles poorly or it flies too much to one of its side depending on the "ballast" alluminium tapes i put, i cant get a proper gliding and proper flying at the same time
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:08 PM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
G-LO,

I do apologize for the delay in getting you your wings, normally they ship within a day or two when I am here.

Just got a few sample V2s last week, really like them so far! Seem like they made some good improvements over the first bird. I'll let you guys know when I can expect the birds and extra parts in stock!
Sky HawK is offline Find More Posts by Sky HawK
Old Aug 20, 2012, 12:09 PM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary_Agent View Post
Ok xD im having a real hard time making my bird fly straight and glide straight :< it either glides in circles poorly or it flies too much to one of its side depending on the "ballast" alluminium tapes i put, i cant get a proper gliding and proper flying at the same time
I've noticed this too and it seems that it depends on the position the wings are in when they stop flapping. Of course, I have much better luck with flying indoors both gliding and under power. It behaves more responsibly and I can better predict what it will do. The V2 seems to fly quite a bit better than the original!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,177 Posts
No problem sky hawk. I'm glad it came. For a moment there, I was getting a delayed Kinkade attack...two emails with no response.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 06:39 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky HawK View Post
I've noticed this too and it seems that it depends on the position the wings are in when they stop flapping. Of course, I have much better luck with flying indoors both gliding and under power. It behaves more responsibly and I can better predict what it will do. The V2 seems to fly quite a bit better than the original!
It doesnt depend on the position only, on full throtle it clearly goes to the right when not using ballast and going to the left when flapping slowly or gliding.
IF i add the ballast it flies a straight-is on full throtle however it goes even worse to the left when flapping slowly or gliding, i believe the wings are too different to make it work properly, wings should always be designed the same left and right, or a bit bigger gap in the left and thats something manual labor is not going to do.
Last edited by Legendary_Agent; Aug 21, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 01:38 PM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
Quote:
No problem sky hawk. I'm glad it came. For a moment there, I was getting a delayed Kinkade attack...two emails with no response.
That's my fault, moving the email to a different server was a giant PITA. But, it's all good now!

LA, I agree about the wings, they are all put together by hand and each one is a little different, just as each bird is a little different. I have one that will glide really nice, but flies a little crooked under power and another that flies dead straight but does the spiral glide. Wish I could combine the two of them!
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:38 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
That's my fault, moving the email to a different server was a giant PITA. But, it's all good now!

LA, I agree about the wings, they are all put together by hand and each one is a little different, just as each bird is a little different. I have one that will glide really nice, but flies a little crooked under power and another that flies dead straight but does the spiral glide. Wish I could combine the two of them!
xD believe me i know what you mean, all in all still the best micro orni around.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:38 PM
Smyrna, TN
Joined Jan 2005
339 Posts
Any news on when you will be getting these in stock SkyHawk?
DESIGN ENGNR is online now Find More Posts by DESIGN ENGNR
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:19 AM
ID
Joined Apr 2005
444 Posts
I literally just got off the phone and I should have them mid-October! I'll keep you all up to date.

Just an FYI, the V1 wings and tails do fit the V2 if you need any spares. I know the first run was very limited and a lucky few got the new version from our store in France. I'm excited for the new ones to start coming in!
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:58 AM
How do I change this text?
The Beautiful Mountains of Utah
Joined Oct 2006
6,232 Posts
Quote:
...should have them mid-October! I'll keep you all up to date...
Subscribed. Planning on getting a V2.
Darth_Elevator is offline Find More Posts by Darth_Elevator
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:16 AM
Zurich
Joined Apr 2006
3,810 Posts
The V2.0 has more power, better control and flies longer. It has a pretty paint-job and is quieter. I would thus guess that not only is the LIPO more powerful, but also the motors & mechanisms seem improved ... incl. the servo function!

Thus the V2.0 is easier to fly in my tiny livingroom than the V1 [although the V1 is still easy enough].

Lee
xlcrlee is offline Find More Posts by xlcrlee