SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:38 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
441 Posts
No scratches or marks on the controller. Equal force required right or left. The bird had been test flown as there are two small weight patches on the right wing and flys perfectly straight. Haven't opened the spare wing package yet. Anyway, hope your replacement arrives soon and doesn't have any problems! Aero
Aeronut41 is offline Find More Posts by Aeronut41
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 04, 2012, 04:41 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeronut41 View Post
No scratches or marks on the controller. Equal force required right or left. The bird had been test flown as there are two small weight patches on the right wing and flys perfectly straight. Haven't opened the spare wing package yet. Anyway, hope your replacement arrives soon and doesn't have any problems! Aero
Thank you, i hope so too ^^
Legendary_Agent is offline Find More Posts by Legendary_Agent
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:04 AM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
441 Posts
Video

My son took this little video of the Avitron flying last evening. I can usually catch it but naturally missed this time Aero
Avitron Ornithopter (0 min 50 sec)
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
My son took this little video of the Avitron flying last evening. I can usually catch it but naturally missed this time Aero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHnbn5RfwlA
Hehe, nice that you and your son are enjoying the orni ^^ good video too, i will post mines when my teammate will learn how to not loose the orni out of sight and stop shaking the camera... the videos i have taken with him are a disgrace in comparison to yours, cant wait to receive the new avitron to finally make a review of old vs new, its taking too darn long...
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:06 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
441 Posts
Thanks LA. Yeah, he does a pretty good job of following it Look forward to your comparison review when your new one comes! Aero
Old Jul 24, 2012, 08:47 AM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Thanks LA. Yeah, he does a pretty good job of following it Look forward to your comparison review when your new one comes! Aero
Hey i got a replacement today, its in better conditions this one, however it still turnsstrongly to the right, ive had to add 2 alluminium tapes in order to counter the turning, do yours fly straight 100% or does it also tunes to a side? do u have any tips to solve this? the balancing alluminium tape is a bit useless because while you will be able to make it fly straight at full thortle at half throtle or gliding will actually make it turn to the other side.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 03:30 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
441 Posts
Hi LA. Glad you got your new Avitron! Mine seems to have a very slight left turn in calm air but most of the time there is some slight breeze and one is moving the control stick around a lot so it is not noticeable. The glide is sort of unpredictable and you don't have a lot of control. I generally aim it before I shut down the power. I haven't done any additional adding of weight other than that which came from the factory. Good luck and have fun flying with the birds Best, Aero
Last edited by Aeronut41; Jul 24, 2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 08:33 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,148 Posts
Hey guys. Is there a place one can order extra wings. If you got a busted spare, what to do next?
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:54 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Hey guys. Is there a place one can order extra wings. If you got a busted spare, what to do next?
Contact this email

contact@mybionicbird.com

And explain them the situation

almost every part is available to be bought separately including the wings
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:54 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,148 Posts
Just bought 2 pair of wings for version 1 here....Duhh

http://www.rcFlyingbird.com/purchase.html
Last edited by G-LO; Aug 04, 2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 01:54 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
Quote:
Just bought 2 pair of wings for version 1 here....Duhh

http://www.rcFlyingbird.com/purchase.html

well no biggie they will fit, design is the only difference
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:29 PM
Joined Dec 2011
281 Posts
i have tried to fly it today but with no much success, still very very windy around here, but from what i could see, the control is much more precise on this bird main motor, the bird has enough power to flap its wings at 20% power while the older could only at 50% aproximatelly, the new bird doesnt get stuck in air like the older used to when it was just made and never flied, the new bird sitll presents 2 stickers unfortunatelly those stickers are the birds eyes, the foam of this bird is much more elastic giving the bird much more strength on impact, other than that i still did not have found a good day for it to fly, yesterday was okay but stupidly enough i have tought today would have been the same.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:03 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,148 Posts
Have any of you guys ever tried to order anything from these folks? http://www.rcFlyingbird.com/purchase.html
PayPal showed the money transfer, but the merchant didn't egknowledge.

I put my order in on the 4th of this month, and still didn't receive anything
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:34 PM
RC Guy Having Fun!
Joined Apr 2010
441 Posts
The merchant is a member here, SKYHAWK. Maybe try sending him a pm. I asked him a question and it took a month to get an answer... Good luck, Aero
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:38 PM
Gus
Aloha (Beaverton), Oregon, United States
Joined Nov 2001
578 Posts
Quote:
Have any of you guys ever tried to order anything from these folks? http://www.rcFlyingbird.com/purchase.html
PayPal showed the money transfer, but the merchant didn't egknowledge.

I put my order in on the 4th of this month, and still didn't receive anything
G-LO,
I have always ordered from "mybionicbird.com", and have received my orders in a timely manner, and have never had any problema with them.
Gus...
Gus is online now Find More Posts by Gus