HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Pretty cool. I likes

Вертолет K-017 - Радиоуправление (1 min 32 sec)
sonnetg is offline Find More Posts by sonnetg
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Hi, and welcome to RCG!

Hey, I've been eyeballing the Esky Nano canopy for another project recently. Looks cool! I would have cut off the V911's tailfin myself, but at least it all fits, right?

How does it fly? How's your battery life?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:52 PM
Spain, CT, Viladecavalls
Joined Aug 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus85 View Post
WLToys v911 / Esky Nano Canopy what do you think?
Welcome to the Forum Cyrus!

I liked this bird!... I added this fuselage to my wish list...

Leonardo
Leonardo_L is offline Find More Posts by Leonardo_L
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:51 AM
Germany, NDS, Celle
Joined Aug 2012
41 Posts
Hi,
i'm glad you like it

@RoboHeli
Unfortunately i can't say much about how it flys. I received the v911 yesterday from Bangood. I flew it a couple of minutes with the original Canopy, just to have a look if it is alright.
After that i started fitting the Nano-Canopy. It took me about an hour. I only was able to check if the mechanics is working correctly (it was already ten o'clock in the evening and my girlfriend wanted to watch TV ). I think it is a bit back heavy. Hopefully i can do some test flights today and balance it out. I'll keep you up to date!
You're right. The tailfin doesn't fit good, but i wanted to keep the v911 as stock as possible. I also bought the other Nano-Canopy that looks like the Hughes 300 and here the tailfin would fit perfectly i think.

Sebastian
Cyrus85 is offline Find More Posts by Cyrus85
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:37 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Quote:
@RoboHeli
Unfortunately i can't say much about how it flys. I received the v911 yesterday from Bangood. I flew it a couple of minutes with the original Canopy, just to have a look if it is alright.
After that i started fitting the Nano-Canopy. It took me about an hour. I only was able to check if the mechanics is working correctly (it was already ten o'clock in the evening and my girlfriend wanted to watch TV ). I think it is a bit back heavy. Hopefully i can do some test flights today and balance it out. I'll keep you up to date!
You're right. The tailfin doesn't fit good, but i wanted to keep the v911 as stock as possible. I also bought the other Nano-Canopy that looks like the Hughes 300 and here the tailfin would fit perfectly i think.

Sebastian

Looking forward to hearing a flight report!!!

I totally understand about wanting to keep it stock. That way you can revert it back if you ever want. It bugs me that you can't remove the tail fin on the V911 model. All the other FP helis have tail fins that snap on and off as you want. To remove the V911 tail I had to clip one side of the plastic, break the CA bond, and then pull it off. You have to be careful so as not to totally destroy it or do damage to the boom or something. Then of course, to put it back, you have to re-glue it. Definitely not a repeatable process!!!

One thing you could do is take a little scotch tape and close up the gap on the underside of the tail. I did that with my MIA MD500E scale kit for my MCX2 (see my blog) and it worked reasonably well.

Good luck with it!!!
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:59 PM
Germany, NDS, Celle
Joined Aug 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Hi,
i was able to balance my Augusta v911 ;-) But it needed 4grams in the nose.
It flies, but stable is other Tilting to the right is a bit more as with original Canopy.
The Augusta Canopy weighs 5g, the magnets (4 neodym magnets for balancing) 4g. The original v911 Canopy weighs only 2g.
I was able to hover for about 2 mins. After that i needed full throttle to hold it 20cm in the air
It's looking beautiful, but it's no fun to fly!
There are only a few things to do, to put it on the v911:
1. do a cut at the bottom of the tail from front to back (also the horizontal stabilizer needs to be cut so that the v911 tail fits in)
2. the end of the tail needs a "hole", i cuttet about 3mm off of it
3. unscrew the one screw, which holds the whole swashplate, flybar and mainrotor on the shaft
4. pop off the linkages and unmount the mainrotor
5. now you are able to put the canopy over the heli
There is no need to cut the board, the canopy fits perfectly. I was able to do the conversion in about an hour. The Augusta canopy is very flexible, so don't be scared to break it.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11642...07094039230081

Sebastian
Hi, i wrote a little review and building manual in the other v911-Thread.
Best regards
Sebastian
Cyrus85 is offline Find More Posts by Cyrus85
Old Sep 28, 2012, 07:30 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
This topic and the projects you guys are doing are great, I've wanted a Hughes 500 / V911 for awhile now and with this thread I'm gonna give it a shot.

Just for general info and future purposes (you never know what you might find for plastic kits afterall) what's the best or closest scale kit that'll work with the 911? That Bell kit linked to earlier in the thread was 1/35th, is that gonna be pretty close for most of them?

Thanks and really enjoying this.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, PA, Reading
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
I think it's great that the scale thing for smaller heli's is finally catching on so much! I have been a sculptor of fantasy figures for the past 25 yrs. My work has been sold in many store chains throughout the U.S. I think the time is right to start producing some scale fuse"s,I've been putting this off for quite a while now. Going to start off on the 120 S.R. size first.Been doing sculpture and mold/form making for so long,I think there is now a market for them.(smaller heli's) All i need is a vac.forming tray to start.
tippytoe is offline Find More Posts by tippytoe
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
Sorry to dbl. post but after a cig. I wanted to complete my thoughts!! I will start this very soon and if people like what they see,I will gladly go into production.It's something I've been kickin' around for quite a while and I guess it's time to throw my hat into the ring. I really enjoy the smaller heli's,so that's what I'm going to to exclusively.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 11:47 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoe View Post
Sorry to dbl. post but after a cig. I wanted to complete my thoughts!! I will start this very soon and if people like what they see,I will gladly go into production.It's something I've been kickin' around for quite a while and I guess it's time to throw my hat into the ring. I really enjoy the smaller heli's,so that's what I'm going to to exclusively.
You'll get a lot of takers if you make your fuselages fit the excellent and cheap WL Toys V911 airframe.

http://www.tmart.com/WLtoys-V911-4CH...d_p145515.html

I'm already doing a Hughes 500 (Bravo SX fuselage) on one and waiting for a Hughes 300 canopy (Esky Nano) for another one.

I for one would love to see the Mash helicopter. However, the only scale model I have found for sale is a coaxial. And it's too big anyway.

http://www.hobbytron.com/ElectricRCH...per163125.html

I've been wondering if it could be converted to FP, but haven't found any photos of the guts of the bird yet. It's soo beautiful up to the bottom rotor.

If you did the Mash helicopter it would be a bit more of a challenge to assemble than most, as the tail boom would have to be changed. However, it would be a very nice and desirable model.

PS. Please keep 'em light!
Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Last edited by nagromnewo; Oct 03, 2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:25 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
You'll get a lot of takers if you make your fuselages fit the excellent and cheap WL Toys V911 airframe.

http://www.tmart.com/WLtoys-V911-4CH...d_p145515.html

I'm already doing a Hughes 500 (Bravo SX fuselage) on one and waiting for a Hughes 300 canopy (Esky Nano) for another one.

I for one would love to see the Mash helicopter. However, the only scale model I have found for sale is a coaxial. And it's too big anyway.

http://www.hobbytron.com/ElectricRCH...per163125.html

I've been wondering if it could be converted to FP, but haven't found any photos of the guts of the bird yet. It's soo beautiful up to the bottom rotor.

If you did the Mash helicopter it would be a bit more of a challenge to assemble than most, as the tail boom would have to be changed. However, it would be a very nice and desirable model.

PS. Please keep 'em light!
Owen
I already DID this conversion (coax to FP) - the only thing that is missing, is the paint job ... oh well, maybe someday, when I have too much time on my hands ... ...

First flight of the FreeSpirit-LamaV3 Hybrid.wmv (4 min 20 sec)

OMG!!! I just saw the date of when I uploaded this vid - I cant believe this is already 2years ago ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Oct 03, 2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:55 PM
Joined Mar 2009
483 Posts
I am starting the work now. The first two fuses will be a Huey and a Cobra. Whatever the demand is for, I will make.They will be as light as poss. I will also do the paint if needed for a nominal fee. I'm looking very forward to this new venture,but like I stated before,I am staying nano and micro only.
Old Oct 04, 2012, 07:59 AM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I already DID this conversion (coax to FP) - the only thing that is missing, is the paint job ... oh well, maybe someday, when I have too much time on my hands ... ...
More information Please!

That's a very nice looking bird!

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:14 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,011 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromnewo View Post
More information Please!

That's a very nice looking bird!

Owen
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1252590
(post#57 on page 4 to post#68 on page 5)

... and I said already there, the TRUE end of chapter one (post68), so I guess this almost DEMANDS the mash paint job to get at least a "chapter two" ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...