HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:17 AM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Yeah.. That looks great.

My nano fuse didn't last 24 hours. Boom strikes and then a mid-air..

I used heat to form a blister instead of removing material for push rod clearance..
GiantScale is offline Find More Posts by GiantScale
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:50 AM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
393 Posts
Glad you guys like the Desert Bravo. I almost went with olive drab, but I figured I would NEVER see it. I'm OK now as long as I don't take it to the Sahara.

I guess a paddle mod might be required to eliminate flybar strikes on the Nano fuselage.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:07 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Rerouted my battery wires to the canopy instead of behind and flipped the 25c battery around so its all up inside the canopy along with the LED light controller.. Sliced up a white drinking straw to cover the boom strobe light wires. This pic does not really depict how cool the lights are. Wish I could find more..

What scale are these if I were to look for stickers?

All I need now is a replica engine to cover the gear etc..
Last edited by GiantScale; Jan 06, 2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:09 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
Yeah.. That looks great.

My nano fuse didn't last 24 hours. Boom strikes and then a mid-air..

I used heat to form a blister instead of removing material for push rod clearance..
Oooh, I like! I'm not a huge fan of removing material from an otherwise good looking canopy. I might need to invest in one of those little woodworking irons or whatever they're called. What kind of tool did you use?
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:24 PM
Iowa City Iowa
Joined Jun 2000
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Oooh, I like! I'm not a huge fan of removing material from an otherwise good looking canopy. I might need to invest in one of those little woodworking irons or whatever they're called. What kind of tool did you use?
I just used a steel rod and heated with a lighter. Wipe off the soot and start working it rolling back and forth. Don't get it to hot or the body will stick. when you have it where you want slide the rod so it cools the blister.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:06 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantScale View Post
Rerouted my battery wires to the canopy instead of behind and flipped the 25c battery around so its all up inside the canopy along with the LED light controller.. Sliced up a white drinking straw to cover the boom strobe light wires. This pic does not really depict how cool the lights are. Wish I could find more..

What scale are these if I were to look for stickers?

All I need now is a replica engine to cover the gear etc..
WOW! What an improvement over my V911 Hughes 300s. I had thought about picking up some colored straws, but I didn't think the look was worth the extra weight. Boy, was I wrong!

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:45 PM
Micro Heli mods
Finland, Tuusula
Joined Mar 2012
181 Posts
Hughes S300 canopy in my V911

....next navigation lights.
Tumppi T is offline Find More Posts by Tumppi T
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: VCTRC 450 Pro V2 (T-Rex clone)