Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:05 AM
United States, PA, Reading
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Already have the sculpt for the "Gnome " fleshed-out.I had started on that a few months ago and set it aside due to other projects.Will offer this one first since it's almost finished. The first Gnomes will fit S.R.120 size mechanics,followed closely for MSR/NANO CP size.As soon as I have the first Gnome,I will post the pics.By end of next wk. I should be ready to take orders. Thanks, Bill
tippytoe is offline Find More Posts by tippytoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 04:30 PM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Hello micro people,I will be posting the pics of the Gnome fuse sometime this weekend. I think you will like it.This one will fit any heli that is the general size of the 120 SR. The Gnome for the nano sizes will follow sometime next week.I will mark the mounting holes for the 120SR,but mounting holes will be left for you to decide for any other similar sized helis'. Bill
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Just finished the Blue Thunder plug for nano-scale heli. Actually this one was done about a year ago and there are pics on these threads of it(somewhere).All I had to do is adapt the one-off shell for molding.Like I said, I want to keep everyone up-to-date on my progress and timetables for release of these fuses. After the 120 Gnome comes out,there will be four others to follow within the next week to two weeks. Thanks, Bill
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:53 PM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
I found the pics of the Blue Thunder on here if you would like to see what the fuse looks like.Go to Search under :co-axial helicopter / April 10 2009.I thought it would be good to see a few pics of some of my work.Originally it was made for my 5/6,but it fit the MSR very well.It is built from thin sheet plastic and goop. Vac. formed,it will be light.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:59 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoe View Post
I found the pics of the Blue Thunder on here if you would like to see what the fuse looks like.Go to Search under :co-axial helicopter / April 10 2009.I thought it would be good to see a few pics of some of my work.Originally it was made for my 5/6,but it fit the MSR very well.It is built from thin sheet plastic and goop. Vac. formed,it will be light.
would that really have been so difficult to just leave a link?
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 04:18 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
Allow me...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=blue+thunder

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=blue+thunder
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Thank you Wade1. I'm sorry I didn't do that.I'm pretty excited about this new business,and not being very computer-savvy,I tend to not think of these things when I'm on. My bad. Thanks,Bill
Old Oct 19, 2012, 03:37 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
cmon, pics pics pics !!

Lets see these micro fuselage ! :-)
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Oct 19, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Pics coming of the Gnome this weekend! Thanks Bill
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:54 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
Weekend is here!

I would consider getting an mSR again or mSRX if you made an MD500.

Edit:
Or a Bell 222
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by boredom.is.me; Oct 20, 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
I am doing pics tonight. I had some time so I will have a pic of the nano- Gnome (sans tail part) too. MD500 is almost ready (for MSR size), along with B.Thunder and Apache for this size. Workin' fast,just don't wanna rush 'em.How can I NOT make an Airwolf?
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:31 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoe View Post
How can I NOT make an Airwolf?
if something went horribly wrong where all the real ones disappeared along with all pictures or technical drawings. Just sayin.
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:09 PM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
I am going to do Airwolf eventually. It's been done so much but it is a very popular heli.Of course it doesn't have to be painted as Airwolf. I've been trimming and fitting the large and small Gnomes tonight.Going well. Paint and finishing soon. Pics tomorrow. Bill
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:33 PM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Here's the first production pics of "The Gnome " as promised. This shell fits 120 SR sized helis.It should also fit helis that are a little bit larger with some creative trimming. In a couple of pics you can see the smaller untrimmed version that fits MSR sizes. I'll be finishing this and it will be trimmed the same as the larger version. (pics to follow within the next day or two) They can be ordered clear or painted in your choice of one primary color. My son is designing the Gnome decal which will be included with each order. As I've said before I'm getting my scale fuses'ready for production and will offer these soon. We'll have our website up and running by early Nov. I've already had interest from local hobby shops so it's moving pretty quick. In the meantime PM me for pricing and ordering info. Thanks, Bill
Old Oct 22, 2012, 02:47 AM
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,657 Posts
I would definitely take a B.Thunder, and a Eurocopter AS365 Dolphin, and a Eurocopter EC130 Ecureuil, and a Eurocopter EC135, and last but not least an Eurocopter EC145...

All of these in MSR/SoloPro size, thank you

Ho boy, I'm doomed...
blackmoon is offline Find More Posts by blackmoon