HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 01:17 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
, so I guess this almost DEMANDS the mash paint job to get at least a "chapter two" ...
Absolutely.

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:42 PM
United States, TX
Joined Aug 2012
120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippytoe View Post
I am starting the work now. The first two fuses will be a Huey and a Cobra. Whatever the demand is for, I will make.They will be as light as poss. I will also do the paint if needed for a nominal fee. I'm looking very forward to this new venture,but like I stated before,I am staying nano and micro only.

This is great news. I will be waiting for news of the availability of both fuses. Do you have an idea of the cost of the painted option?

Thanks for your effort!
Crackup is offline Find More Posts by Crackup
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, PA, Reading
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
As I frequent these forums daily, I will give a current account of timing and availability.I'm aiming for a "ready to ship" time of early to mid Nov. Looking at prices ranging between fifteen and forty $,depending on size of fuse.The paint-service will differ with amount of detail and intricacy of the scheme. The painting process is the most enjoyable for me(aside of flying),so I will gladly do full weathering to go with the paint if desired.My favorite heli is the Apache,so I gaurantee it will be on the list. If you guys(can you tell I'm from the NORTH-EAST?)would be interested, let me know what you would like to see. I will also go off of specific schemes for special-orders if pics are provided. Thanx, Bill
tippytoe is offline Find More Posts by tippytoe
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:27 PM
umop apisdn - downside up
United States, MI, West Bloomfield Township
Joined Sep 2012
820 Posts
Quote:
As I frequent these forums daily, I will give a current account of timing and availability.I'm aiming for a "ready to ship" time of early to mid Nov. Looking at prices ranging between fifteen and forty $,depending on size of fuse.The paint-service will differ with amount of detail and intricacy of the scheme. The painting process is the most enjoyable for me(aside of flying),so I will gladly do full weathering to go with the paint if desired.My favorite heli is the Apache,so I gaurantee it will be on the list. If you guys(can you tell I'm from the NORTH-EAST?)would be interested, let me know what you would like to see. I will also go off of specific schemes for special-orders if pics are provided. Thanx, Bill
Sikorsky S-55/H-19 Chickasaw / Westland Whirlwind

As a young engineer, my Dad was involved in the British (Westland) version of this helicopter. When I was a kid he built an Airfix scale model of it. Not sure how we'd tackle the raised tail rotor, but that challenge is not unique to this particular helicopter. The large fuselage should leave plenty of room for the guts of the donor helicopter. Another challenge would be the undercarriage wheels. Of all the photos, I have only seen two that had floats. All the rest had wheels and none had skids.

https://www.google.com/search?q=west...MOH4yAHvrICwCw

Owen
nagromnewo is offline Find More Posts by nagromnewo
Last edited by nagromnewo; Oct 10, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
As of today, I am just about ready to start producing the fuses'.My equipment is just about finished. For sure the smaller heli's offer some challenges as far as tail mechanics go.Being that many,if not most of them use direct-drive tail motors,it'll just be a matter of extending wires and installing that motor in the correct spot.With heli's that have shaft-drive and such,this is definately another story.I want to concentrate on aesthetics rather than mechanics for my part in this venture,and will leave this issue up to the individual hobbyist.I will be working on landing gear as I go.Thinking of using a combo. of resin and wire for strength as well as detail and lightness. I often see some offering the "sun,moon and the stars"with their stuff,but I will not do that! My main objective is to provide cool fuses' and progress as I go. Thanx,Bill
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
For those that are interested, I will be starting on the first fuselages this week coming up.Will be offering a Seahawk for M.S.R. type size/ Huey,Cobra for SR120 type size/Blue Thunder for M.S.R. size. Also,I am designing fuses for micro to larger quads.Got my first quad recently and really dig it, so why not! I have many favorite helis',so I can say I will be offering many styles. Thanks,Bill
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:35 PM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
Hey tippytoe,

Have you had any progress with the fuselages ? would love to see some.

Regarding the raised tail with a direct drive tail motor, you can replace the stock boom with some aluminium tube and shape it how you want. This way, you can still have the boom to provide extra tail support but you can angle the tail where ever you want (for raised tails like blackhawk, apache and cobra).

I did this with my CB100 cobra.
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Wade, that's what I do with my heli's,so it should be easy for anyone to fit their boom to suit my fuselages.I like that I can go back to pod/boom whenever I like.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:44 PM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
So you will be making 100 sized fuselages to fit pretty much most micros - cb100, msr, V911 ? They are all pretty much the same size ?

it will be exciting to see what you come up with. I have been waiting to see a micro seahawk/blackhawk.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Yep. That is what I'm interested in,the smaller scales.Love the large scales,but it seems that there's a good market for the smaller stuff now. Personally I like to fly whenever I get the urge and I don't really have the time or desire to go on trips to a field to fly.Also the major expense of the big stuff is not what I want to get involved with.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:31 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,311 Posts
I like your thinking ! There are so many 100 sized fixed pitch helis on the market now (and sooo cheap !!). Cant wait to see what you come up with. Pics asap !!!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Will post 'em soon as I have what I want.Thank you for your interest. Bill
Old Oct 13, 2012, 05:56 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,869 Posts
just stumbled across this on a German forum:

V911 Paper Scale Body #2 V911スケールボディー (4 min 0 sec)

Sure, not a scale fuse the way you guys are doing it, but I thought maybe interesting anyway ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:11 PM
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Did test-pulls tonight. My equipment works very nicely! Getting the plugs ready and will be able to show this coming week. I have decided to also design a sport fuse along the same lines as the Goblin heli.I really like that "wrap-around"sleek look.I am calling it "the Gnome"
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:00 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,488 Posts
Quote:
Did test-pulls tonight. My equipment works very nicely! Getting the plugs ready and will be able to show this coming week. I have decided to also design a sport fuse along the same lines as the Goblin heli.I really like that "wrap-around"sleek look.I am calling it "the Gnome"
I sold my mCPX... I love the Gnome idea. I've seen some paper canopies,, but never liked the boxiness. It needs flat gear too!
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case