HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Discussion
Micro Scale Helicopter

Hello,

Does anyone happen to know where i can get Micro (nano?) Scale RTF helicopters (non-coaxial)? Recently i came upon a Cobra RTF on Ebay, It's about 8.5" long and really beautiful.

I am wondering whether other models are out there (Black Hawk/Airwolf/Apache/Hughes/etc)?

I can find plenty of co-axials, but single-blade versions seem to be a rarity.

Please let me know if anyone happens to know the source. 8"-10" would be perfect. (under $100 would be great, since i am planning to collect a bunch for decorative purpose, and occasional flying)

Thank you so much.

PS: Here's a pic of the Cobra i got.
sonnetg is offline Find More Posts by sonnetg
Last edited by sonnetg; Jun 04, 2012 at 11:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 12:01 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,085 Posts
How about a Hughes type heli? Nine Eagles Bravo SX:

Also comes in various color schemes, so even better for a collector.

Besides the 2 color schemes mentioned here, there are 3 more...
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Yes. I would love to add a Hughes in my collection. Where i can i find one, or do i have to build it

Very nice pics by the way.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:27 AM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,085 Posts
This is the Nine Eagles Bravo SX, and you can buy it online, or perhaps even in a local hobby shop.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 05, 2012, 09:54 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,304 Posts
that cobra looks like a copy of the Walkera 4#3q. But the 4#3q has a battery tray under the fuselage, so that one in your first post looks better with out it.
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Jun 07, 2012, 06:59 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnetg View Post
Hello,

Does anyone happen to know where i can get Micro (nano?) Scale RTF helicopters (non-coaxial)? Recently i came upon a Cobra RTF on Ebay, It's about 8.5" long and really beautiful.

I am wondering whether other models are out there (Black Hawk/Airwolf/Apache/Hughes/etc)?

I can find plenty of co-axials, but single-blade versions seem to be a rarity.

Please let me know if anyone happens to know the source. 8"-10" would be perfect. (under $100 would be great, since i am planning to collect a bunch for decorative purpose, and occasional flying)

Thank you so much.

PS: Here's a pic of the Cobra i got.
could you post a link for the heli in the picture please??
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:17 AM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
could you post a link for the heli in the picture please??
Go to ebay, and search "single blade rc helicopter" it should pop up, but here's one that is going for $41 & free Shipping.

It's a beautiful heli. As for Nine Eagles Blade SR Hughes 500. i am out of luck. Most of the stores are OOS, but hopefully should be in stock in mid July at some online hobby shops.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:42 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,491 Posts
The Nine Eagles is a 4 ch and one listed in above post is 3 ch. Big difference if you fly them. Depends on what you want. Many sellers of N./E online. mycart has them for $39.95+ postage.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jun 07, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
The Nine Eagles is a 4 ch and one listed in above post is 3 ch. Big difference if you fly them. Depends on what you want. Many sellers of N./E online. mycart has them for $39.95+ postage.
That is true. I think the FP cobra is 2.5 or 3 ch. I use will it for mostly display only, so no regrets. I just find coaxials to be butt ugly. xheli has the same cobra for $19 coax: http://www.xheli.com/s108g.html

One thing with scale helis, these can be a pain to repair, so the simpler the better. I have a Walkera Airwolf on which both halfs of the fuselage is super glued. The only way to fix or replace a servo is to tear the fuselage to access the components.

By the way, what is mycart? Would it be possible to post a link. Thanks so much.

EDIT: Is this what you meant: http://www.myrcmart.com/rc-helicopte...-c-45_115.html
Last edited by sonnetg; Jun 07, 2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:52 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,614 Posts
Quote:
Go to ebay, and search "single blade rc helicopter" it should pop up, but here's one that is going for $41 & free Shipping.

It's a beautiful heli. As for Nine Eagles Blade SR Hughes 500. i am out of luck. Most of the stores are OOS, but hopefully should be in stock in mid July at some online hobby shops.
you gave ME one link, here is one for YOU:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7344

As for sub micro/palmsize scale bodies, there are various vendors that will sell you the body if you are willing and able to build it ...

Edit2:
Thanks for the link, but 3ch wont cut it for me, sorry ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Thanks for the link. I am definitely interested in the Hughes 500 micro heli.

Here's another interesting link on the Mini Heli forum. Not sure what size these NE SOLOPROs are, but could be 300 or 250. Any idea whether these are available in stores now?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1654137

Last edited by sonnetg; Jun 07, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:26 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,085 Posts
The Blackhawk is a new heli, not sure if it's already in the stores. As for the Hughes version, the Bravo SX, this vendor has some stock:

http://www.clubheli.com/Nine-Eagles-...mo_p_2927.html

It's a deluxe package so you get a carrying case with the heli, and a wall charger, as well as spare blades and 2 batteries. They also have just the heli, so you could add a spare heli in a different color.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:02 PM
V911 F45 Super CP
Joined Apr 2012
140 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I am definitely interested in the Hughes 500 micro heli.

Here's another interesting link on the Mini Heli forum. Not sure what size these NE SOLOPROs are, but could be 300 or 250. Any idea whether these are available in stores now?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1654137

The Blackhawk(SOLO PRO 319) is a CP heli capable of some 3D stuff. Doesn't look like anyone is carrying it or has any pricing yet.
Mitch332 is offline Find More Posts by Mitch332
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch332 View Post
The Blackhawk(SOLO PRO 319) is a CP heli capable of some 3D stuff. Doesn't look like anyone is carrying it or has any pricing yet.
Wow. It has a lot to offer for something that is only 12" in size (it's FBL too). I hope NE dont price it like walkera multi-blade airwolf, which goes on eBay for $700-$800. Will be looking forward to it though.
Old Jun 07, 2012, 07:14 PM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,304 Posts
I'm keen on getting a black hawk also...but i'm betting its going to cost an arm and a leg. Please NE, don't make this model a stupid price !
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1