HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:07 PM
dhc
Joined Aug 2007
2 Posts
Discussion
thunder tiger neptune

does the fuse stay in all the time.....while charging...running iam sure yey...instruction are bad...I need help... Karl
dhc is offline Find More Posts by dhc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
The fuse is there for everything, Running charging. You only remove it if it blows! Then of course you'll need to find out why it blew.
shaneperch is offline Find More Posts by shaneperch
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
I can safely say without much worry I know quite a bit about these subs NONE OTHER but the neptune is my thing. I have 4 and I think i am off the stuff.. Well for now. If you have any questions I can help, So can a few others on here. The instructions can be better. I remove the fuse when they sit for a long period of time. That I would do and I loosen the front flate nuts to allow the battery gases (if there is any) to evacuate themselves from the hull.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:21 PM
dhc
Joined Aug 2007
2 Posts
does the fuse stay in all the time? karl
dhc is offline Find More Posts by dhc
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:50 PM
Joined Jul 2004
270 Posts
yes it does,, I stored my first Neptune for a year with the fuse in and the cover on tight ready for another dive,,, nothing happened. Just if you are worried about storing it for a long extended amount of time,, Some folks pull the fuse. Leave thecover off.. But when you operate the sub,, the fuse MUST still be installed. WHen you charge the sub,, the fuse stays in. Or the batteries will not charge otherwise. So leave it in for all operations. It was put in place for protection just like in other products like cars and other things. Leave it in. It will be fine.