HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:05 PM
Spring
Joined Sep 2008
100 Posts
Help!
E flite park 300 Brushless Outrunner motor Help!

Hey guys, i just built a flying wing and i picked up this motor at a LHS. I was looking at this motor and was confused by the construction of it and how to mount it. With the lack of mounting instructions for the motor itself and for the prop, i had to resort to my fellow RCgroups members to help me out here

Just in case you haven't seen this little motor before, it looks like this:

I'm mounting this motor on a firewall-type mount on the back of the delta wing for a pusher motor. The problem is, though, is the screw holes are on the side with the rotating shaft. how am i supposed to mount this thing? do i drill a hole through the firewall for the shaft and use the propsaver side? how would i mount a prop on the propsaver side?
warbirdboy is offline Find More Posts by warbirdboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:39 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,206 Posts
You can mount an L-bracket on the tail of your pusher wing, with the motor attached 'within' it by using the four standard threaded holes... then the shaft with stick out the back, and you can use a collet prop adapter.

http://justgofly.com/Order%20Form.htm#Mounts
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:37 PM
Spring
Joined Sep 2008
100 Posts
My motor mount on the plane already looks like this. This is how i built it, look at 6:02 in this video:
Flite Test - F-22 Raptor - SCRATCH BUILD (9 min 49 sec)

Do you think i can remove the piece of plywood i glued and place the motor mount (pictured above in the first post) behind it, drill a hole for the rotating shaft to spin randomly in, and screw it in through the back using the prop-saver side for the prop?
Old Jun 05, 2012, 03:52 AM
The Last Question
United States, UT, West Valley City
Joined Oct 2006
549 Posts
Or if you have a vice and a socket wrench to support the bell just slowly close the vice and push the shaft in until its reversed. Then you could just use the collet adapter and use the mount like normal. Of course this would be safest if you have a c-clip in the groove at the end so the bell can't go anywhere put then again it is in a pusher config so no real danger.
Entropy76 is offline Find More Posts by Entropy76
Old Jun 05, 2012, 11:32 AM
Spring
Joined Sep 2008
100 Posts
I read somewhere that you can't reverse this one because of the pusher prop configuration on the back. That is a pusher prop thing on the back, right?