HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2003, 10:06 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Idea
Check Gws Web Site For Updates On Instruction Manuals!

Hello GWS Fans:

Please try to check the GWS WEB site for any updates (revisions) to any aspect of construction phase and flight recomendations to your model before you start assembly or go to your maiden flight!

Here's their WEB site that contains all GWS instruction manuals.

http://www.gws.com.tw/english/servic...ane_manual.htm

This thread was opened because it seems that many out there are having problems with the new GWS PT-17 STEARMAN with regard to the "STRUTS" and the GWS WEB site has a revision on two pages for the order of assebly of the struts.

I always visit my software program provider when I purchase a software product before I install the program just in case there has been any revisions in the manner to which the program needs to be installed and I look for any patch updates as well. No different with this hobby, we all need to use this WEB site to look for any publication chances prior to start assembly.

Hope this helps!
Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Last edited by guapoman2000; Nov 05, 2003 at 10:11 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2003, 10:08 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
GWS PT-17 STEARMAN STRUTS

Here's page 10 of the GWS PT-17 STEARMAN instruction manual and notice the "BIG" "X" on the strut diagram and asking you kindly to go to page 19.
Old Nov 05, 2003, 10:10 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Here's page 19 showing the new label order of the Struts for the GWS PT-17 STEARMAN.
Old Nov 06, 2003, 12:35 AM
TabukToné
Felthorpe, Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Joined Feb 2003
199 Posts
strut base

Hi Carlos,
I too, confer with the web pages regarding manual updates.
Regarding struts page, this was noted (fig 77).
The focus was on the the strut bases where there was no mention to angle them towards the corresponding anchor point.
One assumes that we modellers have enough savvie to do that little task without being guided by a manual
Just an observation, as curved struts doesn't look right when compaired to a 1:1 picture.
Toné
TabukToné is offline Find More Posts by TabukToné
Old Nov 06, 2003, 01:02 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Re: strut base

Quote:
Originally posted by TabukToné
Hi Carlos,
I too, confer with the web pages regarding manual updates.
Regarding struts page, this was noted (fig 77).
The focus was on the the strut bases where there was no mention to angle them towards the corresponding anchor point.
One assumes that we modellers have enough savvie to do that little task without being guided by a manual
Just an observation, as curved struts doesn't look right when compaired to a 1:1 picture.
Toné
Tone,

I am so happy that you are one like myself that check on the WEB for updates, however, this thread is for those perhaps relatively new to the hobby or others with some experience to remind them of this so, they don't start building their models without first checking on the updates to their manuals, if any.

You be surprised how many here that even have been in the hobby for a while that don't have that as you wrote "SAVVIE" to know what is supposed to be assumed or not and that's myself!

So, I am so glad that you have that talent but, for the rest of us...we need a reminder.

Carlos
Old Nov 06, 2003, 01:28 PM
TabukToné
Felthorpe, Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Joined Feb 2003
199 Posts
Hi Carlos,
I'm one of you's too!!
This ol' brain needs regular input from all sources of knowledge and information.
Just trying to help those who may need some assistance.
Will keep in touch.
Toné
TabukToné is offline Find More Posts by TabukToné