HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:30 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Ok, Mr Whitham69 has organised Coventry Astroturf for a January MX bash.

19/20 January.

You will need up to date BRCA membership so get it ordered now.

The Coventry website.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:16 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,211 Posts
We do need 8 people for this to cover the marshel pointrs or they wont run a heat for us, proceeds will to towards Dez faimly, and i wont be camping sataday so see you all sunday

I wont to try tagging onto club day or weekend events next year, If it works ok i can try to use the sectary title and promise of extra 100 buck in there pocket to try and push us into clubs a couple of times,

I like to try and get a UK championship set up for 2014 using this method, maybe 3 round's. before and after the moto5 championship and one during the WC month was my thinking.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Rich,

The move towards a MX National that is run on true off road ground is long overdue.

If we could maybe follow the LSOR around which has only four rounds, maybe this is feasible?

If the World on road could be tied up with off road as well, then that is best of both worlds. The FRT track in Greece has an off road track available next door. Maybe venues could be picked on their ability to accommodate both classes? The 1/8 class on road needs pushing at the Worlds too but that is another category. 2016 Hong Kong anyone?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:56 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
Rich,

The move towards a MX National that is run on true off road ground is long overdue.

If we could maybe follow the LSOR around which has only four rounds, maybe this is feasible?
It could be to soon, might not be enough support for it in the UK

Yeah that the kind of thing i like to get organised, At the end of the day it a numbers game, Fingers crossed
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:23 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,211 Posts
Currantly only got 5 people to do this event, still need afew more.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:22 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
i can defo make this event im back on the road again finally would be good to run with other,s
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:03 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,211 Posts
Thanks Deen, at the moment we have 6 people, Im going to leave it untll just after the new year and if i 9/10 people are not intrested i have to cancle and try to organise something later in the year when the weather is better.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:56 AM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,211 Posts
Im going to pull the plug on this event at coventry, i dont have enough to make heat, i try to arrange another meeting later in the year.

sorry JB/Deen
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:35 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitham69 View Post
Im going to pull the plug on this event at coventry, i dont have enough to make heat, i try to arrange another meeting later in the year.

sorry JB/Deen
thats ok lets hope we can get some racing going soon
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:48 PM
Its all good.
Joined Jan 2013
4 Posts
Awesome...amazing to see these go.
VSG101 is offline Find More Posts by VSG101
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:28 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
New track near Mablethorpe

Well, it took a while, but construction has started on a new venue, with great land drainage, toilet and tea making facilities, a fantastic olde worlde pub within quarter of a mile, and all covered by the BRCA (we finally got our act together).

http://eastcoastnitro.co.uk/

The track is constructed to 1/8 Rallycross guidelines with a nod to the LSOR guidelines too (4metre wide lanes, a good perimeter fence, 1metre between track and fence, lots of marshaling points). The rostrum is only 20' long but we wont be holding any nationals there for a while so I think we can get away with that for now.

I'm starting the construction of the ramps, which will be very consistent to get over and definitely bike friendly!

The only pictures currently are the ones on the main page, and are getting more out of date with each passing day, as new bits are built or added to or modified (They were taken last sunday).
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:59 AM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Right then, The 2nd BRCA 1/5 bike on road national is being held at Snetterton on the 18/19th May. It would be nice if a few of the off road bikers could turn up for this. It wont be a proper race for the MX bikes, but we can discuss setting up a proper MX meeting and if you have BRCA cover, you might just get a bash about on the track at opportune times as well.

Ian G is bringing the nitro M5, I'm bringing the big 'un and the E-gyro M5 and I'm sure JV wont take any persuading to bring the nitro ARx.

You'll be surrounded by lots of like minded people and the effort to get there will be rewarded. Lots of bikes, a 1:1 race circuit right next to you, a model shop like the inside of the Tardis, good atmosphere, plenty of non bike historical stuff to visit on the journey there...

Your attendance is required, or having a group of MX bikes all together with giggles aplenty in future is going to remain a pipe dream. I'm a little bored of running on my own when the rest of my club run 1/8 buggies and have lots of great racing and good laughs all day.

Can we try our best to be there?
Old May 26, 2013, 01:10 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Some pictures I put on the M5 thread, of today at Theddlethorpe. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=877

The new convert did well on his only second time with the bike and first off road. He was keen to try the DDT, and the results are as follows...

A few quick clips taking with my crap quality phone so expand to full screen if you want to see anything. (Best viewed using IMAXTM)

Twon takes the DDT-Ninja out for a joyride. (0 min 41 sec)

Twon takes the DDT-Ninja out for a joyride. Pt II (0 min 27 sec)

Twon takes the DDT-Ninja out for a joyride. Pt III (0 min 17 sec)
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; May 26, 2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old May 26, 2013, 01:26 PM
United Kingdom, Walsall
Joined Mar 2013
565 Posts
Now that looks like heaps of fun!
Syncro is offline Find More Posts by Syncro
Old Jul 10, 2013, 07:40 AM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Rich

Any news about August, or is it yet another write off?