SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 14, 2012, 05:36 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
i will be bringing a vmx and the mm450 and yes i will bring the ramps as well they are not that big but we could put them together and i will also have a camera man too looking forward running with some more guys and getting some racing going
and shame you cant get there throttle would have been good to race with you
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2012, 02:53 AM
United Kingdom, Ash
Joined May 2012
62 Posts
Cotswold

Hi All

Well I think in the end there were 6 of us running Anderson's pretty much all day, some dropped out due to technical problems eg. hitting the ramp too hard and breaking things

I think everyone agreed it was excellent fun and gave the crowd something to cheer about. Big thanks to Scott and JV for fixing my one way bearing in the gyro, they don't work without the rollers in

I saw a few people taking videos so hopefully I can track those down and we can post something here, probably some pictures as well.

Cheers Andy
andy_carless is offline Find More Posts by andy_carless
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:05 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
656 Posts
I have a Question to the british dirt bike drivers:
Next year, we have the Onroad world championship in Austria.
The Offroad Track in Fehring is just 10 Minutes away from the Worlds Track.
So we are thinking of setting the date for the AlpenCup race exactly 1 week before the world finals.
This way you could attend 2 races in 9 days. Arrive on Saturday at the offroad track, race on sunday, and start practising for the worlds on Monday.

This is currently just a suggestion - what do you think about it?
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:36 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Well that is a really good idea. I would be up for that. Subject to confirmation of going to Austria in the first place, which will be decided later in the year.

Ok to run nitro ARX?
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Jul 24, 2012, 04:38 AM
Austria
Joined Jan 2007
656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovaic View Post
Ok to run nitro ARX?
Sure, that is a nitro Buggy track!
Gartenzwerg is offline Find More Posts by Gartenzwerg
Old Jul 24, 2012, 06:09 AM
United Kingdom, Ash
Joined May 2012
62 Posts
Hi

Yes I might be interested in that.....

Cheers Andy
andy_carless is offline Find More Posts by andy_carless
Old Jul 24, 2012, 01:38 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
I just found the onroad track on google maps, for me it's nearly 1200 miles driving! What's the nearest airport?
Old Jul 25, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Jan 2010
40 Posts
https://maps.google.at/maps?hl=de

Flughafen(Airport) Graz, Feldkirchen bei Graz
vcfuzzi is offline Find More Posts by vcfuzzi
Old Aug 01, 2012, 11:03 PM View Post
seaqueen
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:54 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Yay! I had a visitor to the Mablethorpe track today, JV with the ARX.

A shame the M5 is still out of commission with receiver problems and that the weather was unpleasant, it'd been nice to have another bike to race for a bit.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:23 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
It was good to see you again JB. Yeah shame about the rain, next time I will bring sunshine, pit table, gazeebo and be there all day.
Your track is a lot bigger than I expected, really quite nice for the ARX, although you noticed I did struggle with the corkscrew! You and the other guys have done well to get it to this state, all looks clean and tidy.
At least I know what to do for next visit, softer shocks, harder steering and faster motor. Basically what the nitro ARX will be like! Next free day I'll be down, will let you know when.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Great to see you too JV!

Don't worry about the Corkscrew, I find it a bit of a pig, no matter which way I go around. Though plans are afoot to make it easier for the bikes, I'm just awaiting soil deliveries to make some bankings.

Glad to hear it looks clean and tidy, I litter pick that place within an inch of its life (typical pieces I collect now are in the 2-4mm size) and the other lads keep the grass mown once a fortnight.

It'll be good to see you down there again.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 06:53 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
Hey guys im trying to get some rc dirt bike racing going in the UK any make of bike is welcome but just trying to gauge how many people would be interested in getting some racing going please post on here and maybe we can get some thing started
cheers . deen
Where is this guy? haha. Didnt Atomik give him a bike to race with??

Sorry, I couldnt help it, but in rc dirt bike news, your the only topic around lol. Good luck with the track JB!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Aug 31, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Thanks JMc. Don't forget that the Alpine Cup is the other news!

Get your pocket money saved for Austria. $15 dollars a week (do some car washing as a collector) and we can class it as the 1st Worlds

I can't believe how much I am enjoying getting the M5 around the track. I thought nailing the (much missed) KP09e around Skipton was engrosssing and fun, this off road lark has proved just as much entertainment and I'm really getting into it.

I'm sure the off road section will get independent over here and run on it's own, but it's like anything else bikewise, it will always be a smaller part of the community. I just get a bit of inspiration from my friend John Taylor who in 6 years has developed his knife throwing hobby from a simple 1 target stand to this...(his 'home' throwing range in Brotherton, West Yorkshire) http://knifethrowing.co.uk/

Name: ITKHOF.jpg
Views: 43
Size: 71.1 KB
Description:

(via 3 or 4 trips to Texas, and now a top ten ranking in knife and tomahawk throwing both in the US and Europe).

(edit. Also Shaun (Scaulfi) who has been at the bike caper for AGES and looks like he has a nice scene going)

Well, we must start somewhere...
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Aug 31, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:17 AM
Joined Nov 2009
1,402 Posts
Hopefully http://eastcoastnitro.co.uk/ will be up and running soon. The facebook page of course is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/376175025780259/

Though it is predominantly a 1/8 Rallycross nitro buggy/truggy track, progress is slowly being made. More bikers/ buggies down this way will further help the cause of having great tracks for us all to enjoy.

The more bikes that get out here the better. A first step into an independent MX bike championship. I'm getting into talks about a play day at the Nook Raceway as a closer venue to the Nitro Skippy lads (and me to run a session) with the bikes (and it is within 100 yards of a really nice pub ).
Last edited by Jonathan Bradbury; Nov 07, 2012 at 06:18 PM.