HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:01 AM
Joined Jun 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Doesnt look like a fun track for bikes to be honest...lots of turns and looks very ruff with patches of weeds and dirt. I suspect your 1/5 bike will be bouncing all around making full throttle hard for 2 reasons 1) power sliding around a turn wont be possible and 2) your crash bars will be hitting those weeds up and down. It will be good learning experience non the less. Good luck.
I've not been to the track in person yet, the video was from their first practice session after reforming the club, There's been 4 rounds since then with 15-20 1/8th buggies tearing around it which should have settled it down some, and I believe the jumps have been revised too.

Anyhow time will tell.
Bonzodog690 is offline Find More Posts by Bonzodog690
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2012, 05:34 AM
Joined Jun 2012
35 Posts
Just got back after a quick run around the track and it's certainly promising, although it was raining and the track was wet the M5 bounced around the corners nicely so with some practice and tuning of the suspension it's perfectly rideable.

The biggest problem though is the jumps, the track is shorter than in the video and the jumps too steep and too many for nice consistent lapping, 1 big tabletop and some whoops would be better.

However chatting with the chaps there they are in the process of sorting out a different venue with a purpose built dirt track.

So all in all a success and I'll be going to their next meet on the 24th to try a full days racing.

Sorry no video
Bonzodog690 is offline Find More Posts by Bonzodog690
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well did not get a chance to get to the track this weekend as the rain has not given up here but i have spoken to the owner of the track and he has said he would be up for letting us run there once a month on either a week night or maybe at the week ends depending on how booked up track is for the kids quads nothing is set in stone yet and it might take a bit of work setting up on meets the track to be more rc friendly if the rain stops tomorrow i will take some pics of the track to get your opinion
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:29 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,310 Posts
Hey guys I hope you get a regular scene going on at a track or two. If we can lend a hand in support we will do what we can just communicate and keep up the momentum before the season escapes us.
The new E-Gyro will help tremendously so track days are possible on more tracks typically not suitable to bikes before now.
If some track owners/organizations could be persuaded perhaps they can construct alternate routes for bikes within the track. This could open it up to more bikes and less skilled drivers.
Keep it up and hope to see you guys racing soon!

Chris
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jun 11, 2012, 05:35 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
I'm sure we'll get this off the ground, mind you another MM450 over here might help!

In response to the FB question.
Quote:
I would like a MM450 because we are trying to get the UK Offroad bike scene going and we think Chris N is an ace designer.
I'm off to Cadwell Park this week, see if it's possible to blag some of their rough ground to set up a circuit. <fingers crossed>
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 11, 2012, 07:02 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,310 Posts
Wow thats really kind of them to say. Thanks for the support! I'll do my best to keep this stuff alive and well!
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:46 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
thanks for taking the time to reply in this thread Chris
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:53 AM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
596 Posts
I have an Anderson M5 cross with a brushless in, so, if its not too far and the weather is OK and life stops getting in the bloody way.
I still ain't finished sorting the road bike, let alone tried it on a track.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:57 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
Chris, that was my response <secretly hoping it wins>

Punkie, I know what you mean. There are offroad tracks fairly close to you. I'm in the slow process of investigating whether they will allow bikes on them. Will report.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 12, 2012, 10:01 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie View Post
I have an Anderson M5 cross with a brushless in, so, if its not too far and the weather is OK and life stops getting in the bloody way.
I still ain't finished sorting the road bike, let alone tried it on a track.
still not finished the road bike
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:19 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
596 Posts
I ran it, realised it needed a front brake, it sat waiting for that, then I needed the space on the DX6I for another plane, it took me a while to afford another TX, which I need to mod up with a centring spring on the left stick.
When I have done that I will swap the Anderson over to it as well, I can use a wheel TX, I just don't like them a lot.
Being honest, I am rubbish with both as the guys I used to race and lose against back when I raced my 12th oval Reliant three wheeler against the Mardave boys at Fulbourn would tell you.
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Jun 14, 2012, 02:06 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
hi guys trying to upload some footage from the track i ran at but my computer is saying NO
hope to get it up later if not tomorrow when my computer minded friend can come round and fix the bug
on another note ran the bike today with out crash bars at a new spot i have found i have run there on a few occasions and think it has great potential as a track me and a friend are thinking of building some ramps to lay down there as it is just a bit of waste land so im thinking ramps that can fit in the boot so we can change the layout easy and there is like a pre made sweeping corner that goes from dirt to gravel will post pics as soon as i can
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:51 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
short video running with out cras bars on some waste land im thinking of liberating into a week end track for meets let me no what guys think me and a friend will make some ramps if people are interested

uk rc dirtbike fun vmx with out crash bars jumps crashes fun wheelies (1 min 48 sec)
Old Jun 19, 2012, 06:38 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well today im off to one of my spots got 3 ramps made up and some markers got some sections of pipe at the weekend as well that i cut in half to make up a whoop section so today will be trial and era session to see what will work hope to get some film if my friend turns up to film
Old Jun 19, 2012, 03:18 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well today,s run was fun ran two packs through the bike and had fun setting up a coarse as well the first pack was hit and miss really had to change the lay out twice just so i could gauge the distance i needed to set the jumps turns and whoop section also need to add some weights to the pipes that make up the whoops but other than that went well for a first attempt