SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 05, 2012, 02:01 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,348 Posts
I think the other Green M5 is mine... now~! Was Colin McC there?! If so, then I have his bike!!!
steliosh is online now Find More Posts by steliosh
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:32 PM
United Kingdom, Ash
Joined May 2012
66 Posts
Hi Stelios

Unfortunately Colin wasn't there, I can't remember for sure who had the other green bike, it may have been Dave Andrews if it looks really quick as he was running brushless. Mine was out of the box so not quite as quick.

Was good fun though, shame we never followed it up.

Cheers Andy
andy_carless is offline Find More Posts by andy_carless
Old Jun 05, 2012, 04:46 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
For reference, heres the original thread about that 2009 race. Great pics inside.
MX Bike Meeting
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 06, 2012, 07:25 AM
Joined Jul 2006
299 Posts
Im not racing at the moemnt, but still surf round the forums and spotted this thread

Mendip now has an offroad track, electric only, astroturf etc. dont think its part of mendip raceway, but its on the same sight, corner of the carpark.

maybe possibly a venue for a meeting?? I know nothing about the needs of the MX bikes, certainly worth looking into I would have thought, and if its ok'd you could at least try it out when your there with the on road bikes

some info here http://www.worm-racing.co.uk/
AC-racing is offline Find More Posts by AC-racing
Last edited by AC-racing; Jun 06, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:47 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-racing View Post
Im not racing at the moemnt, but still surf round the forums and spotted this thread

Mendip now has an offroad track, electric only, astroturf etc. dont think its part of mendip raceway, but its on the same sight, corner of the carpark.

maybe possibly a venue for a meeting?? I know nothing about the needs of the MX bikes, certainly worth looking into I would have thought, and if its ok'd you could at least try it out when your there with the on road bikes

some info here http://www.worm-racing.co.uk/
thanks for the link
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old Jun 06, 2012, 11:53 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well found another possible track today its not an rc track but a children s quad track took the bikes for a blast around it and was not to bad am speaking with the owner tomorrow about the chance of some racing there got some footage will upload tomorrow the conditions today were not the best has too small jumps good straight and some nice corners am going to test there again tomorrow
cheers deen
Old Jun 06, 2012, 12:48 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Spoke with a local model shop owner today. He has timing gear and everything! except a track The Council appears dead set against any kind of RC activity, along with owners of former RAF bases, Kart tracks, etc etc. Turns out though a group with 1/10 nitro buggies have 'borrowed' a piece of land only half a mile away from me. Some have apparently got M5's, Yippee! Might just get something going in Linconlshire after all! I'll find out the score tomorrow when they have another meet, hopefully.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 06, 2012, 01:08 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Bradbury View Post
Spoke with a local model shop owner today. He has timing gear and everything! except a track The Council appears dead set against any kind of RC activity, along with owners of former RAF bases, Kart tracks, etc etc. Turns out though a group with 1/10 nitro buggies have 'borrowed' a piece of land only half a mile away from me. Some have apparently got M5's, Yippee! Might just get something going in Linconlshire after all! I'll find out the score tomorrow when they have another meet, hopefully.
so that will be about a two hour drive up for me
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:39 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,406 Posts
Not as bad as Stelios, Stubby et al. We may complain but they and their ilk have far longer distances to do to get some race action...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:58 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,138 Posts
Mablethorpe? That's a 2 1/4 hour drive for me, not so bad.

Do your best JB!
nuovaic is online now Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:22 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well did not get to the track today weather was beyond a joke i dont mind getting wet but did not fancy having a bath if the weather holds up will get there tomorrow
Old Jun 08, 2012, 07:45 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
the weather was the same yesterday fingers crossed the sun is out today
Old Jun 09, 2012, 05:00 AM
Joined Jun 2012
35 Posts
I'm going here tommorrow for a test run.

Wightnitro rc club (1 min 56 sec)

Hopefully I'll get some video.
Bonzodog690 is offline Find More Posts by Bonzodog690
Old Jun 09, 2012, 08:15 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzodog690 View Post

http://youtu.be/h57RZW153bA

One word guys "DOWNRAMPS!!" LOL Looks like you guys are having a ball!
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Jun 09, 2012, 05:01 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzodog690 View Post

http://youtu.be/h57RZW153bA

Doesnt look like a fun track for bikes to be honest...lots of turns and looks very ruff with patches of weeds and dirt. I suspect your 1/5 bike will be bouncing all around making full throttle hard for 2 reasons 1) power sliding around a turn wont be possible and 2) your crash bars will be hitting those weeds up and down. It will be good learning experience non the less. Good luck.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc