HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:45 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuovaic View Post
Deen / Bonzo, if you can find a good venue that is reasonably central uk and have tested both scales to work ok, then you are on a winner and I for one will guarantee to be there.
i will keep you posted
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:42 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,400 Posts
JV, it's a shame that the back of the rostrum area at Skippy couldn't be converted due to camping/pitting constraints at National meets. That banking would make lovely uphill/berm sections, just like a real enduro circuit. I've learnt from the local skate park that you can have some real fun on that kind of set up.

I need to win the lottery, buy that footy field and have a 4 track Skippy! 2 road and 2 offroad! (could even get the DDT on it's wheels then too ) Costs nothing to dream I suppose...
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 04, 2012, 05:25 AM
United Kingdom, Ash
Joined May 2012
62 Posts
Off Road

Hi All

I could be up for this depending on how it falls with BRCA on road etc. My Anderson is sat there ready to go. We have been trying to get down to a local club near us that has an asphalt surface but the weather has been rubbish as you know.

There are quite a few of us 'down sarf' that have off road bikes, I know of at least 5-6 people who have them. It would be great to get something off the ground, I reckon off road bikes could be huge in the UK when you look at the scale of off road cars.

JV - you still using your ARX then?

Cheers Andy
andy_carless is offline Find More Posts by andy_carless
Old Jun 04, 2012, 06:35 AM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,135 Posts
Andy, the ARX is still in a part rebuild / convert to nitro, but can easily be put back to lecy if any others want to race in that class. M5 is ready to race and I'm sure Ken G would be interested in running his as well. And/or his ARX!
Would be best to avoid the bike nationals of course.

JB, we have never had a problem running the offroad bikes on the track at Skippy, part on road, part grass and jumps, as we used to when there was enough of us. The track is not ideally situated for the southerners though and we wouldn't get the numbers.
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic
Old Jun 04, 2012, 07:17 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
i should have started this discussion sooner looks like there just might be enough interest to get some thing going
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Jun 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
i should have started this discussion sooner looks like there just might be enough interest to get some thing going
Sure does, I did some racing here http://web.me.com/jmcmanus/Sweetnap_...y/Welcome.html and even helped lay the astroturf, it would be an amazing track for dirt bikes, really friendly approachable club, sadly I can't afford the travelling costs or would take the M5 up for them to see, they'd love it and it would go well with the 1/5th cars.

I've got my M5 rebuilt so will contact the local club now
Bonzodog690 is offline Find More Posts by Bonzodog690
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:22 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzodog690 View Post
Sure does, I did some racing here http://web.me.com/jmcmanus/Sweetnap_...y/Welcome.html and even helped lay the astroturf, it would be an amazing track for dirt bikes, really friendly approachable club, sadly I can't afford the travelling costs or would take the M5 up for them to see, they'd love it and it would go well with the 1/5th cars.

I've got my M5 rebuilt so will contact the local club now
great link thanks
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:31 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
well as you can see im ready to race
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Jun 2012
35 Posts
Lovely bikes, I'm just starting to look at the Venom, the M5 is my first hobbygrade dirt bike but the bug has bit
Bonzodog690 is offline Find More Posts by Bonzodog690
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
i cant fault the venom bike the red one has been abused and still runs like it did on the first run

uk rc dirt bike action (1 min 33 sec)
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:51 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Venom VMX 450 (2 min 5 sec)
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:21 AM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
well as you can see im ready to race
2 bikes now?? lol, cool Deen! Your camera man has to learn now. Done except no for an answer. Would you like me to post your request for racers on facebook??

I hope you dont mind intruding, I have one point then I'll go. I know this video is OLD, but it is part of reason I purchased the anderson bike. The schumacher mx challenge in coventry from 2009 was a perfect place to race. The grass makes all bikes nice to run plus the layout had motocross style jumps. Im disappointed such a cool event didnt become a yearly event for you guys in UK. It would be a great thing to get going again!
Schumacher MX Challenge / Anderson M5 Cross (8 min 14 sec)
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:56 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
2 bikes now?? lol, cool Deen! Your camera man has to learn now. Done except no for an answer. Would you like me to post your request for racers on facebook??

I hope you dont mind intruding, I have one point then I'll go. I know this video is OLD, but it is part of reason I purchased the anderson bike. The schumacher mx challenge in coventry from 2009 was a perfect place to race. The grass makes all bikes nice to run plus the layout had motocross style jumps. Im disappointed such a cool event didnt become a yearly event for you guys in UK. It would be a great thing to get going again!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIb5o5pyi2c
Hey JohnnyMc yeah thats fine the more uk based dirt bike owners i can reach out too the better and your facebook page is also a good platform to reaching out to the owners out there not familiar to this forum thanks .
and yeah im going to teach the camera man how to ride and another friend wants a go as well so one way or another i will get the racing i so desperately crave
Old Jun 04, 2012, 03:53 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,754 Posts
Alright, I posted up rcgroup thread on the facebook and youtube channel. Not sure if it will reach anyone, but I support what your doing. Website is a ways to go before helping out on. Good luck.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jun 04, 2012, 04:54 PM
United Kingdom, Ash
Joined May 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIb5o5pyi2c
...I was there, excellent fun one of the green Andersons is mine
andy_carless is offline Find More Posts by andy_carless