HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:24 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Discussion
UK dirt bike racing

Hey guys im trying to get some rc dirt bike racing going in the UK any make of bike is welcome but just trying to gauge how many people would be interested in getting some racing going please post on here and maybe we can get some thing started

cheers . deen
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Last edited by deen247; Jun 03, 2012 at 02:34 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2012, 01:45 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,395 Posts
Need to find tracks that are:

1) Suitable

2) Will let bikes run on them

Having a bi-monthly meet at a central location could be a way to go, all depending on the first two factors.

I'm going to look at a place near Lincoln hopefully, it's not BRCA affiliated so disposes with the need for BRCA membership, down side is I don't think it has a timing system.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:11 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
yeah it can be annoying finding the right location im in talks with a track at the moment but it is early days and like i said before i need a rough idea of how many people would be interested in meeting once or twice a month
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:31 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
I would be interested but i work away from home all the time, from like a week to 2 weeks at work then ill only have like saturday and sunday off, plus i aint so good at driving rc bikes yet haha
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:34 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
then come to a meet some time and and you can pick up some tips
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Jun 2012
35 Posts
I'd love to race my M5 but living on the Isle of Wight it's too expensive to travel to regular meets on the mainland.

I've been meaning to take the bike to the local track to try it out and maybe generate some interest in rc dirt bikes on the island.
Bonzodog690 is offline Find More Posts by Bonzodog690
Old Jun 03, 2012, 02:57 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzodog690 View Post
I'd love to race my M5 but living on the Isle of Wight it's too expensive to travel to regular meets on the mainland.

I've been meaning to take the bike to the local track to try it out and maybe generate some interest in rc dirt bikes on the island.
why not mate thats what im trying to do over here is there much of an rc scene on the island and do you have many tracks
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:17 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deen247 View Post
then come to a meet some time and and you can pick up some tips
i will do ill come one day haha
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:33 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:

Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:36 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtis View Post
i will do ill come one day haha
cool look forward to it
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Jun 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
why not mate thats what im trying to do over here is there much of an rc scene on the island and do you have many tracks
Not a huge scene but a bit of one.

There's an indoor club for electric 1/10 touring cars that's been going years, and an outdoor club for electric and nitro 1/10 & 1/8th cars, here's a link http://www.wightnitro.com/

It's a club that's been restarted this year with new people running it, the track looks interesting with some nice jumps

Who knows maybe a bike weekend could be arranged in the future.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:53 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
if you ever do arrange one please let me no i will see if i can get over
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Jun 2012
35 Posts
Quote:
if you ever do arrange one please let me no i will see if i can get over
Will do

Hopefully I'll get to the track next weekend, I need to order some bearings and a new rear tyre, so with it being a short week may not get them in time, otherwise I'll go on the 24th.

When there I'll have a chat with the organisers and see if they can fit in some bike racing (I'm sure they can and will want to). Plenty of camping and B&Bs near and if there's enough interest maybe we could organise something.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:19 PM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Will do

Hopefully I'll get to the track next weekend, I need to order some bearings and a new rear tyre, so with it being a short week may not get them in time, otherwise I'll go on the 24th.

When there I'll have a chat with the organisers and see if they can fit in some bike racing (I'm sure they can and will want to). Plenty of camping and B&Bs near and if there's enough interest maybe we could organise something.
cool look forward to hearing from you
Old Jun 03, 2012, 06:33 PM
Wetherby, UK
Joined Dec 2003
1,133 Posts
Deen / Bonzo, if you can find a good venue that is reasonably central uk and have tested both scales to work ok, then you are on a winner and I for one will guarantee to be there.
nuovaic is offline Find More Posts by nuovaic