HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:48 AM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
i've posted this elsewhere but i love these.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=25526
I have those too, but they can slide forward and damage the canopy because they're thinner than stock. I wrapped a few turns of 1/2 inch electrical tape around the wire end of the lipo and covered the tape with large shrink tubing. That solved the problem.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:57 AM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
The drawback is they come with XT60 connectors, so you either change the battery or the heli. I just put a XT60 on the heli. Here's the battery.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=27171
I guess it does make more sense to change the connector on the heli instead of the batteries. Is the XT60 connector the defacto standard nowadays? Is there any advantage to the banana connectors?
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:53 AM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
I guess it does make more sense to change the connector on the heli instead of the batteries. Is the XT60 connector the defacto standard nowadays? Is there any advantage to the banana connectors?
Most batteries under 3000mah seem to have the XT60. And yes, it is easier to change the ESC connector once than change all your batteries.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 28, 2012, 11:52 AM
Joined Oct 2010
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzjohn View Post
I have those too, but they can slide forward and damage the canopy because they're thinner than stock. I wrapped a few turns of 1/2 inch electrical tape around the wire end of the lipo and covered the tape with large shrink tubing. That solved the problem.
take two zip ties and lay then in the battery cage just like the battery lays and then wrap them around and zip them as tight as you can. this leaves a portion of the tie strap bowed in the cage and when you pop a battery in there it provides a nice spring like action and they fit nice and snug. no tape needed.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:06 PM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
take two zip ties and lay then in the battery cage just like the battery lays and then wrap them around and zip them as tight as you can. this leaves a portion of the tie strap bowed in the cage and when you pop a battery in there it provides a nice spring like action and they fit nice and snug. no tape needed.
My problem is one of my lipos is the stock one so I was forced to mod the batteries instead of the cage.

But if you're only using the one type of lipo this makes sense.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:31 AM
Bring back the Huey!
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Couple of questions if anyone can give me a hand. My CP has seemed to have lost its power or motor spools down quickly. Starts good, runs for 1-2 minutes then slowly dies. Land it, throttle off, wait 1 minute, starts up and repeats. With other battery it lacks top end power or bogs out with any big pitch increase. I think its the motor crapping out. I am putting out 12.50V from ESC.
Its been so long since I have had a brushed motor, I forgot if this is how they act when they are getting bad.
Second question, with my ball links disconnected and testing gyro recovery or servo recovery, they do not move smooth, they kind of twitch back to center.
If I move the sticks then let go of the sticks, the servos slowly tick back to center. They don't move smoothly or very fast back to center. Of course I'm comparing this to my 450 so it could be perfectly normal and I just don't know it.
As a side note, my Ball links were so tight they were causing major binding. I don't know if they are all like this but if they are that has to be a big factor in the servo stripping issues.
Thanks for your help.
RamboSmurf is offline Find More Posts by RamboSmurf
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:38 PM
Joined Sep 2012
342 Posts
The behaviour of your motor is normal for brushed motors when they get older.
Buy a new one or better: Convert to brushless
addifromgermany is offline Find More Posts by addifromgermany
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Does anybody know how many teeth on main and pinion gear ? Im trying to set up brushless with a castle phoenix 25 speed control .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Dec 29, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54885488 View Post
Does anybody know how many teeth on main and pinion gear ? Im trying to set up brushless with a castle phoenix 25 speed control .
it's 114t or 115t on the maingear and stock pinion is 13t
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:50 PM
Joined Jan 2012
131 Posts
Thank you pmerritt . I have my head speed set at 3800 and 4000 rpm and like it alot . It sure wakes this heli up .
54885488 is offline Find More Posts by 54885488
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Nov 2009
56 Posts
hello my family.
I just got master CP on Today. but with two flies, i got somethings bad. hic. maybe seller do not know how to setup Master CP . Please help me. my master cp never stable. always fly to left too much, and backward when throttle about 70%
My setup on TX is:
Throttle 0%(L) 13% 25% 40%(M) 55% 65% 76%(H)
Pitch 35^(L) 37% 40% 45%(M) 50% 55% 60%(H)
D/R-Expo: Aileron 45% - Expo 35% / Elevator 50% - Expo 40%
- Can i setup like that? Please help me
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this is Video i got badthing. i try to turn ball link of Elevator servo 2 turn, and my bird have a little bit stable, but always turn left when fly. And hear sound on my video, you will see..(my English voice too bad ^^)
00255 (2 min 14 sec)

And this is the second fly after
00256 (0 min 41 sec)

Is this broken servo on Pitch Servo? huhuhuhu..
Thank you so much...
kid_boy is offline Find More Posts by kid_boy
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
What is wrong with my Master CP???

I don't understand. This thing is like flying a sack of stones. It barely gets off the ground, and when it does, the response is so slow and sluggish that there is no way anyone could ever do even the mildest 3D. Not that I would, because I can't - but it would be nice to just fly it without spending the next few days repairing it or waiting for parts. I don't know how to explain it. I'm used to the fast responses of the smaller helicopters, but I also fly the big helicopters in Phoenix (SIM) snd know how they should behave. My Master CP literally flies like it has rocks tied to the skids. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Any help would be appreciated.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid_boy View Post
I just got master CP on Today. but with two flies, i got somethings bad. hic.

Hello!
Sounds like a servo is stripped. MasterCP servos are known to be ... bad (I'd use another word, but that'd be rude)...

Take the servos apart and check that the gears are good. Search this forum, there are a number of replacement recommendations (Hitec, futaba to name two).
scornflake is offline Find More Posts by scornflake
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:49 PM
Joined Jan 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain4LA View Post
I don't understand. This thing is like flying a sack of stones. .
Got any setup details, videos, pics?
Mine certainly lifts off at a rate of knots, I've seen other people doing mild 3d just fine. Seems like a setup issue.

What's the pitch? If it's too low, it won't get much lift.
What expo/dr's in tx? If you have too much travel reduction (on pitch) or too much expo in the d/r setup, it'll be REAL slow.

Sounds like not enough pitch tho.
scornflake is offline Find More Posts by scornflake
Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:03 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scornflake View Post
Got any setup details, videos, pics?
Mine certainly lifts off at a rate of knots, I've seen other people doing mild 3d just fine. Seems like a setup issue.

What's the pitch? If it's too low, it won't get much lift.
What expo/dr's in tx? If you have too much travel reduction (on pitch) or too much expo in the d/r setup, it'll be REAL slow.

Sounds like not enough pitch tho.
Cool, I appreciate that. Let me look at this stuff. I'm using someone else's setup file for a Master CP. I run Deviation on my Devo 8s and it's an .ini file. Although I messed around with it because I didn't like the negative pitch on the first page setting. I probably messed it up, because I don't understand it enough yet to...well....understand it. But I'm trying! I really am. Thank you.
Rain4LA is offline Find More Posts by Rain4LA