HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:10 AM
Registered User
oldsneakers's Avatar
United States, CT, Hamden
Joined Jul 2011
331 Posts
I've had my Master CP for a week now and had two crashes. Both my fault. First one stripped two servos and broke the swash plate, second one broke one servo and the tail boom holder on the frame. And the teeth were chewed off the main gear in both crashes. I flown mostly FP helis, V200D02 and also a mcpx. From my V200 repair experience, it looks to me by beefing up the main blades on the Master cp, they've transfered the damage done in crashes to the servos and rotor parts. The crashes I had with the Master cp would have usually only maybe broke the main blades, no servos on a V200D02. But it is what it is. I'll just have to stop crashing. Yeah right.
oldsneakers is offline Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:18 AM
Bring back the Huey!
RamboSmurf's Avatar
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Update to all. Received a reply from Walkera. I have Emailed again as I guess my 1st Email was not clear enough.

-----Original Message-----
From: Amylee-Walkera <heli-19@walkera.com>
Sent: Tue, Dec 18, 2012 1:00 am
Subject: Re: Fw: Master CP Throttle Hold
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email to Walkera.

There is no way to stop it immediately, Because the helicopter has the speed and it has the Inertia.

If you have any question, pls feel free to contact us.
Have a nice day!
Thanks & Best Regards,
Amylee Wu
---------------------------------------------------------------
Guangzhou Walkera Technology Co., Ltd.
Taishi Industrial Park Panyu Guangzhou City Guangdong China
Tel: +8620-84915115 Ex.8201 +8620-34915300
Fax: +8620-84915117
MSN: Amylee-Walkera@hotmail.com
Skype:Amylee-walkera
Website:www.walkera.com ;
Working Time: Monday to Friday (8:00~17:30)

Sir or Ma'am
I am asking if there is any way to shut off or disable the 1-2 second delay when you engage the Throttle hold for the Master CP.
When you hit the throttle hold switch the helicopter keeps on spinning at speed for almost 2 seconds. This is causing severe damage on impact as the helicopter is still going at speed.
Most people use throttle hold to shut down or in a crash situation. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible as it is a major issue.
Please inform me if there is a way to disable or stop this 2 second delay.
Thank you
RamboSmurf is offline Find More Posts by RamboSmurf
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:26 AM
Bring back the Huey!
RamboSmurf's Avatar
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
I've had my Master CP for a week now and had two crashes. Both my fault. First one stripped two servos and broke the swash plate, second one broke one servo and the tail boom holder on the frame. And the teeth were chewed off the main gear in both crashes. I flown mostly FP helis, V200D02 and also a mcpx. From my V200 repair experience, it looks to me by beefing up the main blades on the Master cp, they've transfered the damage done in crashes to the servos and rotor parts. The crashes I had with the Master cp would have usually only maybe broke the main blades, no servos on a V200D02. But it is what it is. I'll just have to stop crashing. Yeah right.
So true. I have pile drove my 450 and 500 in the ground at full speed and it broke less parts than this one did. Usual damage of feathering shaft, blades, main shaft and tail boom.
Hope they can fix the throttle issue or I'm naming it Master CD (Chicken Dance)
RamboSmurf is offline Find More Posts by RamboSmurf
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
I've had my Master CP for a week now and had two crashes. Both my fault. First one stripped two servos and broke the swash plate, second one broke one servo and the tail boom holder on the frame. And the teeth were chewed off the main gear in both crashes. I flown mostly FP helis, V200D02 and also a mcpx. From my V200 repair experience, it looks to me by beefing up the main blades on the Master cp, they've transfered the damage done in crashes to the servos and rotor parts. The crashes I had with the Master cp would have usually only maybe broke the main blades, no servos on a V200D02. But it is what it is. I'll just have to stop crashing. Yeah right.
The first thing you must do is to change the servos. The same servos may be alright on the V200D02 but cannot take the stress of a FBL CP. If you want to eradicate the problem of serve stripping entirely, you should go for metal geared servos. I am using Futaba S3114 but they will strip all the same in a hard crash.

Otherwise I think you and Rambosmurf had been unlucky, I own a 250 and 450 FBL as well and the Master CP is miles more durable than either of them. A very minor blade strike led to nearly $100 of damage on my 450. That included two stripped and burnt metal geared servos. I have had over 20 crashes with the Master CP and there was only one which was serious as RamboSmurf's. Usually, it is a matter of pick up and go or that the main gear is slightly stripped. To date, I have yet to replace the blades, a main or feathering shaft, canopy or skids.
zadaw is online now Find More Posts by zadaw
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:49 PM
Registered User
oldsneakers's Avatar
United States, CT, Hamden
Joined Jul 2011
331 Posts
Thanks zadaw. Good advice. Do you know a metal geared servo that will go in the Master CP without too much modification? I see Walkera is coming out with one but it's not available yet.
oldsneakers is offline Find More Posts by oldsneakers
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 01:37 PM
Bring back the Huey!
RamboSmurf's Avatar
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Mar 2007
189 Posts
I guess it all comes down to the type of crash. Mine went in nose first so it took all the impact in its week spot. Canopies are sold out for it now and there are previous pictures of frames being put together and we all know about the servo thing. I'm sure somebody will make a frame mod and stronger canopy at some point. Gear, blades, shaft, etc are super strong. I am just going to reinforce the nose when I rebuild with the new frame. Each heli has its week points and crashes always point them out for us. I can live with all that but the throttle hold thing I am not happy about.
When I crash my 450 it costs about $50.00 to replace the normal parts and for me I have been lucky enough to not have to replace any servos.
That's the main reason for getting these helis. Where else can you get a 3d FBL heli for $130.00. Gyro's for the others cost more than that. For me they are well worth it, especially when trying out new stuff that will probably result in Heli-down.
This has not been a lucky week for me, 2 helis down, 500 battery kills a cell in flight (that was fun).
Hopefully it will work out in the future as I'm sure I will test its survivability again.
And Zadaw, thanks for your recommendation on the 120. I love that little thing
RamboSmurf is offline Find More Posts by RamboSmurf
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:14 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2010
1,284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboSmurf View Post
I guess it all comes down to the type of crash. Mine went in nose first so it took all the impact in its week spot. Canopies are sold out for it now and there are previous pictures of frames being put together and we all know about the servo thing. I'm sure somebody will make a frame mod and stronger canopy at some point. Gear, blades, shaft, etc are super strong. I am just going to reinforce the nose when I rebuild with the new frame. Each heli has its week points and crashes always point them out for us. I can live with all that but the throttle hold thing I am not happy about.
When I crash my 450 it costs about $50.00 to replace the normal parts and for me I have been lucky enough to not have to replace any servos.
That's the main reason for getting these helis. Where else can you get a 3d FBL heli for $130.00. Gyro's for the others cost more than that. For me they are well worth it, especially when trying out new stuff that will probably result in Heli-down.
This has not been a lucky week for me, 2 helis down, 500 battery kills a cell in flight (that was fun).
Hopefully it will work out in the future as I'm sure I will test its survivability again.
And Zadaw, thanks for your recommendation on the 120. I love that little thing
The servos do suck but they are only 6.00 ea for the stockers.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:04 PM
Registered User
weedan's Avatar
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
397 Posts
rchelipartz on ebay, a guy out of Delavan Wi.has Master canopy and such. Smashed into my picknick table and had to get a frame, tail boom and canopy, still less than 17$ for a crash.
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:39 PM
Registered User
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,168 Posts
Is there a USA seller of S3114's/ Hi Tech 5055's ?? I striped my servo in V400D01 and most likely do same for my Master c/p. Anybody have a servo for V400d01 stock they want to sell.[ new] Maybe someone upgraded and might want to sell new or unbroken ones. Feel bad as minor crash was my fault. Bird looked good though. I do not need for Master, but V400. Thanks,Dan
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:30 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
Thanks zadaw. Good advice. Do you know a metal geared servo that will go in the Master CP without too much modification? I see Walkera is coming out with one but it's not available yet.
The Walkera metal gears servos are available now. Mine were shipped from Hobbyone Yesterday. They emailed me the tracking number yesterday morning.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:36 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Spyro37's Avatar
Joined Jun 2009
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsneakers View Post
Thanks zadaw. Good advice. Do you know a metal geared servo that will go in the Master CP without too much modification? I see Walkera is coming out with one but it's not available yet.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...8-p-57272.html

Walkera Master CP RC Helicopter Spare Parts Metal Servo WK-7.6-9 HM-Master CP-Z-28

US$10.37 Free Shipping
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:05 AM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
hello everyone... so i just received my Master CP. i decided to buy this Walkera after doing a lot of research and im soo excited to fly it but going crazy at the same time not being able to. the the problem is, i have no idea on how to setup / program the devo 7 transmitter that came with it. i charged the battery, thats pretty much all ive done so far haha could anybody please help me?? thanks a lot!
FelipeO is offline Find More Posts by FelipeO
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:27 AM
Registered User
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeO View Post
hello everyone... so i just received my Master CP. i decided to buy this Walkera after doing a lot of research and im soo excited to fly it but going crazy at the same time not being able to. the the problem is, i have no idea on how to setup / program the devo 7 transmitter that came with it. i charged the battery, thats pretty much all ive done so far haha could anybody please help me?? thanks a lot!
If you get it as a package. You do not need to do anything as it is already setup at the factory, just charge the battery and fly.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:36 AM
Registered User
weedan's Avatar
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
397 Posts
Futaba servo

omnimodels on e bay has the s3114's, tower hobbies has them but the shipping is well............
On a side note, any more info from walkera about the camera on the brushed Hoten or the FPV rigs on the Ladybird
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:40 AM
Registered User
weedan's Avatar
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
397 Posts
Master CP

CX2 pilot on Helifreak has sticky's posted for most walkera stuff. I think he links it several times here also (Thanks for that Tom). I used his link to set up all my stuff for the Devo 10.
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Blade Mcpx v1 v2 vs Walkera Mini Cp vs Genius Cp vs solo pro 100 3d f.a.r.m.e.r Micro Helis 112 Nov 20, 2014 11:40 AM
Sold Walkera Genius CP with Devo 6 King.7200 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 2 Feb 02, 2012 11:52 AM
Sold Walkera Genius CP Brushless version 3D with 6-axis gyro Devo stretch1100 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Jan 25, 2012 09:37 AM
For Sale Walkera Genius CP with DEVO 6 bymannan Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Nov 07, 2011 08:57 AM
New Product Walkera 6-Axis gyro UFO5# (new version with Camera~) DLY Micro Helis 6 Oct 29, 2011 02:48 PM